Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Weird cage trap invader avoidance?  (Read 711 times)

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Weird cage trap invader avoidance?
« on: March 08, 2018, 04:37:00 am »

I just received a goblin invasion after a few years of calm. The odd thing, though, is that the invaders just passed over quite a few cage traps without getting caught, which has never happened before. I've had visitors return as sneakers, attack, and get caught in traps I think have been recently reloaded while passing over the preceding ones. I know invaders are supposed to have a memory of traps seen by spiesdiplomats, but is that memory of the trap location or of the specific cages? I've certainly reused cages, but the gobbos haven't sent any diplomats...

Dwachs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Weird cage trap invader avoidance?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2018, 07:59:15 am »

Did you check with [t] that the cage traps are loaded? I had once a failure of cage traps, where the metal cages were molten by a giant, but the cage traps looked pretty normal. Except they were loaded with blobs of metal.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2018, 09:55:07 am »

I'm fairly sure they're loaded, given the spam you get if you're not loading them. Most of one side of my two tile wide corridor wasn't triggered, while most of the other side was, and I saw the buggers walk over the untriggered one. The only fire incident I've had was a dragon, and it destroyed a limited number of cages at a different entrance 10 years ago.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2018, 12:47:36 am »

Goblin visitors?

It might be that the "visitors saw trap on visit, now invaders wont trigger them" thing normally seen on humans and their diplomat now extends to goblin visitors visiting the pub as well.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2018, 02:14:49 am »

All the goblin visitors I've looked at are from human civs. However, since I accepted a (human civ) goblin's petition I did get access to 4 new deities, created temples for those, and have receive a whole bunch of goblin monks and peddlers. Those tend to huddle together in a particular temple (although I think it's a human god), so it might be that the false identity/spy system is actually at work here.
I should take a closer look at some of them to see if they have false identities.

Edit:
Well, nobody seems to have false identities now, but I did get a new goblin invasions, and they seem to ignore the same traps, so I guess those have been compromised by a spy (which would be rather interesting), and have to be removed and re-deployed.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 03:05:19 am by PatrikLundell »