Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Multiplayer Kingdom Game OOC:Kingdom of Cintanarra  (Read 2205 times)

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Multiplayer Kingdom Game OOC:Kingdom of Cintanarra
« on: March 02, 2018, 03:07:46 am »

So, here's the plan.
This is going to be a lightly turn based game, where each player is the ruler of a fief of a large kingdom. The king/queen is controlled by the game master (me), and each year, events happen. Some will be public, others will be sent via Personal message. All responses to events must be put forward via PM, and all roleplaying should be done in the main section. All public events answered will be made public, and all private events will be once again, shown via a PM, unless something goes horribly wrong. If a lot of events start happening, the turns will slow down to accomidate for it. When a Lord dies, the next in line for the throne (Which is hereditary, of course) will take the throne, and you may continue. Any lands invaded will be given to players awaiting a turn, and new dynasties runing in the stead of once old ones that have died out will also be handed to new players.
Each player has full control over what is done each turn, and this may be successful, or upit may not, depending on a lot of factors, including the strength of one's army, the resources in one's coffers, the mood of the peoples, the roll of some dice, and even the local culture, which may come to affect a lot.
Each player may sign up using a sheet below.

Name of ruler: (Please do not use modern names)
Dynasty name: (Be sensibly with this one)
Region name: (Try to make it symbolic)
Region culture: (Please be brief)
Regional geography (Try not to add too much in, I will do a bit of editing in this sector)

Once we have enough players, the first thing to be done will that a Kingdom name will be chosen.
Let the squabbling begin.
Spoiler: Player list (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 04:24:54 am by Imic »
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Multiplayer Kingdom Game OOC [Name pending] (Sign up now!)
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 04:26:53 am »

I seem to feel like reusing:

Ruler: Harsiese I
Dynasty: Neferneferkare
Region: Kheme
A largely Egyptian-flavoured region with some East Asian and Native American admixture, particularly in their folklore. Geographically, think "Green Sahara" shading into pluvial forest in the higher elevations. Kheme is an intensively agricultural region supported by the fertile soil of their river basins.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 04:41:29 am »

I seem to feel like reusing:

Ruler: Harsiese I
Dynasty: Neferneferkare
Region: Kheme
A largely Egyptian-flavoured region with some East Asian and Native American admixture, particularly in their folklore. Geographically, think "Green Sahara" shading into pluvial forest in the higher elevations. Kheme is an intensively agricultural region supported by the fertile soil of their river basins.
You're in. You may end up experiencing lots of trade.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 05:48:48 am »

PTW Will add something later
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2018, 07:00:34 am »

Name of ruler: Haraldr
Dynasty name: Bergkongr
Region name: Berglund
Region culture: Stereotypical Norse, with overtones of Westerosi Northmen. Due to their location, they are overly militaristic for their means, with most of their military sponsored by the kingdom itself.
Regional geography: Berglund is situated at the sole pass in the mountain range that forms one of the kingdom's borders. Beyond the border are aggressive savages, unfriendly kingdoms, and rumours of the supernatural. No one alive remembers seeing anything beyond the mundane, but that doesn't stop people believing in such things.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2018, 08:16:39 am »

Name of ruler: Haraldr
Dynasty name: Bergkongr
Region name: Berglund
Region culture: Stereotypical Norse, with overtones of Westerosi Northmen. Due to their location, they are overly militaristic for their means, with most of their military sponsored by the kingdom itself.
Regional geography: Berglund is situated at the sole pass in the mountain range that forms one of the kingdom's borders. Beyond the border are aggressive savages, unfriendly kingdoms, and rumours of the supernatural. No one alive remembers seeing anything beyond the mundane, but that doesn't stop people believing in such things.
You're in, though beyoind the border may end up slightly more mundane than described.
I might also ask, where are you getting your names from? This is just for future use.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 08:18:30 am by Imic »
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2018, 08:45:16 am »

Berglund is actually a surname from here. I felt it better suited a place, but I like the idea of ruling family names having a clear connection to their lands which is why I went with Bergkongr. Kongr is actually norse for king, and so I just swapped lund out for it. Haraldr is apparently official spelling of Harald, a common name used by the kings of Norway.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2018, 08:48:15 am »

Berglund is actually a surname from here. I felt it better suited a place, but I like the idea of ruling family names having a clear connection to their lands which is why I went with Bergkongr. Kongr is actually norse for king, and so I just swapped lund out for it. Haraldr is apparently official spelling of Harald, a common name used by the kings of Norway.
Right, I just wanted that for future children, locations, etc.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2018, 08:48:31 am »

Kongr is actually norse for king
Konungr, actually. ;D

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2018, 09:08:11 am »

Also yes. Wikipedia has my back though :P

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2018, 09:15:04 am »

Name of ruler: Theoden
Dynasty name: Iceling
Region name: Eastmarch
Region culture: Anglo-Saxon with Welsh influences (such as archery being highly promoted)
Regional geography: Thick forests rich in Yew trees with rolling hills, a singular mountain looms from the deepest forest.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2018, 09:33:36 am »

Ruler: Ahearn the First
Dynasty: O’Maoilriain
Region Name: Adrobricam
Region Culture.: A cosmopolitan mix of Gaelic, Celtic, and other assortment of Germanic tribes, and utilizes a Goidelic dialect to give a primary Irish outlook on their civilization. Due to this innate culture they have developed a ambusher-military outlook and also a rural agriculture-focused civilization.
Region Geography: Surrounded by a constant green grassland that has the occasional trees for lumber, surrounded centrally by a main river. It has an assortment of coastal mountains that engulfs the area of where they live. The O’Maoilriain people are indeed living in a dale or valley, as it provides significant agriculture support.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2018, 09:52:15 am »

Ruler:Akiya
Dynasty:Bechor
Region Name:Miglath
Region Culture:Bronze age middle eastern with mayan like religon,vast majority are nomad with a few cities housing official businesses.
Regional Geography:Vast desert with Major river to the south and mountains to the east infront of the sea.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2018, 11:14:30 am »

Ruler: Ahearn the First
Dynasty: O’Maoilriain
Region Name: Adrobricam
Region Culture.: A cosmopolitan mix of Gaelic, Celtic, and other assortment of Germanic tribes, and utilizes a Goidelic dialect to give a primary Irish outlook on their civilization. Due to this innate culture they have developed a ambusher-military outlook and also a rural agriculture-focused civilization.
Region Geography: Surrounded by a constant green grassland that has the occasional trees for lumber, surrounded centrally by a main river. It has an assortment of coastal mountains that engulfs the area of where they live. The O’Maoilriain people are indeed living in a dale or valley, as it provides significant agriculture support.
Ruler:Akiya
Dynasty:Bechor
Region Name:Miglath
Region Culture:Bronze age middle eastern with mayan like religon,vast majority are nomad with a few cities housing official businesses.
Regional Geography:Vast desert with Major river to the south and mountains to the east infront of the sea.
Name of ruler: Theoden
Dynasty name: Iceling
Region name: Eastmarch
Region culture: Anglo-Saxon with Welsh influences (such as archery being highly promoted)
Regional geography: Thick forests rich in Yew trees with rolling hills, a singular mountain looms from the deepest forest.
Aaaaand, that should be enough for now.
You may now vote on a name for the kingdom!
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2018, 12:44:33 pm »

You may now vote on a name for the kingdom!
Tirnalugh
Pages: [1] 2 3