Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Divine Ascendancy OOC  (Read 747 times)

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
Divine Ascendancy OOC
« on: February 28, 2018, 06:24:41 pm »

So this is going to be something of an old-school Godhood game with only a few modifications to the standard formula. The following rules apply:

• Each day (measured from Midnight Eastern Time), each god receives one Act as long as they have at least one active worshiper.
  • Each God starts the game with 3 acts.
  • So long as a single worshipper of them remains, a god cannot be destroyed. Even if they are forgotten, a god can only be destroyed by another god spending an Act to consume their Essence. This adds that god's Authorities to the consuming god's Authorities, as well as adding any remaining Acts the consumed god has to their pool. This process also increases the maximum Acts the god can hold by 1.
  • Any god that has no worshippers and has 0 acts at the start of a turn will fall, becoming a mortal and losing all their memories of being a god. There is a small chance that a fallen god can return to godhood at the end of that mortal's life, if they themselves become a figure of worship. A god can deliberately Fall (called Incarnating) in order to interact with mortals directly, or prevent gaining Acts beyond their limitf if they are forced to be out of contact for an extended period of time.
  • Acts begin as Cosmic Acts, capable of preforming any feat not specifically denied by these rules, and will reduce in power with each passing Aeon, more restrictions being added over time.
  • No god may preform any of the following actions, even with a Cosmic Act: Suborn the will of mortals, Harm another god directly, Grant Acts to Mortals, or directly affect the Creations of another god.
  • Directly interacting with Mortals in Godly form is dangerous, often causing unpredictable effects on the mortals involved, up to and including instant death or insanity. For this reason, directly influencing mortals is... discouraged outside of Incarnations or Falls.
  • No god may create a space, area, or dimension which other gods cannot reach or influence. All things must be able to be touched. Additionally, a God may not use an Act to limit, curtail, or reduce the power of other gods or gods in general.
  • The Overgod has final say on the adjudication of Acts.
  • Any Act beyond a god's maximum that they gain is transferred to the Overgod. The Overgod's Acts are always considered Cosmic Acts, except that they are not limited by these rules, but can only be used on the occasion that one of their Children provokes overt action.

Those who wish to join, please fill out the following information.

God Name:
Describe what your God "Looks" Like:
Your Gods Possible Goals in the Void:
Potential Domains (Light, Knowledge, War, etc.):

You may include other information if you believe it relevant. Five Gods total, three required for the IC thread to be opened.

Additionally, please include an example Act and flavor text for consideration.
The act itself should be bold and no more than one sentence.
The flavor text should be italicized, and serves a more narrative purpose, helping determine adjudication.

Gods are accepted based on quality, not first-come-first-in, and the game will only start when three quality gods have been submitted.

Discord
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 02:37:35 am by ragnarok97071 »
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Divine Ascendancy OOC
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 08:10:51 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Appearance (click to show/hide)

Example Act:
While he'd set up his moon to be a safe sanctuary for life, Acter soon realized that there was a key flaw: with the gravity being lower than these races were really meant to experience, their bodies would start to atrophy, and after a while of living like this, any contact with the mainworld would likely crush them under their own weight. However, Acter has dealt with this kind of situation before. He knew just what to do.
Create an Improvement field around the entirety of the moon, counteracting the negative effects of the low gravity as well as causing people to learn things slightly faster while there.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 07:25:46 am by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 08:47:30 pm »

« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 03:00:54 am by Maximum Spin »

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2018, 08:58:59 pm »

Spoiler: Visual Aid (click to show/hide)

Example Act: X'arilyg sees the mortals and their withheld, stoic nature and only live to breed and die, and never seeking progress or fulfillment of live that they will shall never perform. X'arilyg exhausts arcane energy into the physical, a pink ever expanding aura that only dwells in the mind that infests into the mental processing and functioning of the sapients, and they have become the next stage of beings. They can do more than just be a piece of the puzzle of society, but bring individuality and their own pleasures into their lives, they can create goals and can develop their own idiosyncrasies. X'arilyg has done his work many times, and has performed the deed that was required, no more no less...
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 11:33:16 am by Shadowclaw777 »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2018, 02:30:41 am »

...I really shouldn't.
... I might make a sheet for this. If a good idea strikes. I'll watch the resultant game nonetheless.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2018, 02:38:26 am »

Putting this as a separate message so it'll come up on new posts, I've added an extra requirement to the OP. Namely, all players will need to submit an example Act for consideration along with their character.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2018, 07:25:57 am »

Sample Act added.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2018, 07:55:37 am »

Sample Act added.
why don't you ever just make the moon denser though

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2018, 08:00:35 am »

My Sphere is Improvement, not gravity or density. Besides, the Improvement field provides additional benefits while maintaining the good parts of low gravity.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2018, 08:14:25 am »

Example: With a barrage of ferocious movements, Ravachakri creates the Kalpakata, a weapon crackling with divine power. The hilt is but a little longer than the length of a fist, built of a thick double helix of golden rope engraved with symbols of strength and heroism. Two zig-zagging pillars of metal burst out from either side of the hilt, intricate carvings glimmering in sacred steel, tapering to sharp ends curved in opposite directions. The weapon is as long as a man, roars furiously with even the slightest movement, and careens with impossible, deadly velocity upon being thrown.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2018, 03:01:53 pm »

God Name: Lu
Describe what your God "Looks" Like: A lean muscled monster. Lu appears as powerful barechested humanoid with the head of a crocodile.
Your Gods Possible Goals in the Void: Build, destroy, create, kill. These are things that belong to Lu.
Potential Domains (Light, Knowledge, War, etc.): Strength

Lu leans over from his heavenly abode and reached his muscled arm down through the clouds and plunges his clawed reptilian claw into a towering mountian. The rock crumbles until his immense strength, landslides and earthquakes radiate out into the region as Lu rumages in the bowels of the mountain. Finally he pulls out a beating ruby heart, spewing and dripping lava, and in doing so the mountain shudders and collapses in on itself. Lu rips out the heart of a mountain and then fashions it into a power maul with which to reward a heroic follower.