Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Three Kingdoms: Marga Guard's guild, number 2  (Read 1615 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: Three Kingdoms: Marga Guard's guild, number 2
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2018, 01:54:20 pm »

Hey everyone,

This is the link to the document describing the mechanics of the combat system I developed, as well as a precursory list of creatures, items, and status effects.

Combat needs to be accessible. If there is a 'basic' and 'advanced' version that is OK. But someone should not be required to download something to resolve a battle. Battles are a common and basic action in fantasy RPGs. It has to be accessible.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 01:55:58 pm by roseheart »
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2018, 05:03:15 pm »

Hey everyone,

This is the link to the document describing the mechanics of the combat system I developed, as well as a precursory list of creatures, items, and status effects.

Combat needs to be accessible. If there is a 'basic' and 'advanced' version that is OK. But someone should not be required to download something to resolve a battle. Battles are a common and basic action in fantasy RPGs. It has to be accessible.

I'm sorry, but again I don't understand what you mean. It is a link to a Google document (that can be edited without a Google account), not a link to a download. Is it different for you?

If you're talking about the combat script, it is not required to use this combat system, and I'm developing it as a website anyway, like you suggested.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2018, 05:18:13 pm »

Yes I did say that.

It seems that Google Docs are going to be an issue though.

I recently got a new phone a week ago and I can't seem to reliably edit them within a browser.

I just want things to be accessible. Jobs need to be able to be performed by a lot of people to be convenient enough to actually use the actions related to them. And then you'll be able to just jump in. For example if you've never played Mafia you can skim the rules and know how to play I want performing jobs to be that simple. Easy and Breezy.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 05:24:07 pm by roseheart »
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2018, 06:20:19 pm »

Okay, what document hosting service do you suggest? Google Docs is pretty much the only one I know of that is both free and doesn't require an account. I mean, if Google Docs doesn't work for you, probably nothing will.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2018, 11:05:05 pm »

No I agree it is the best one.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2018, 11:24:35 pm »

And this conversation.

I am GameBoyBlue.

I've done a lot of experimenting and I know if I just opened up the floodgates we can make something really cool. For me though at this time with what I'm doing with forum games I've gone down that road and I want to come back around and just try to really make an accessible game especially one that I want to be long-lived and be open to a lot of players.

I know that means tightening the belt expecially when you got skills like you do but I think limitation also causes and requires people to be creative.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2018, 03:28:31 am »

Can I join guard guild ?

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2018, 02:53:26 pm »

Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2018, 01:00:18 pm »

I have adjusted guild duties, and I am pleased with this format:

Main Guild Responsibilities
-Day/Night Cycle and Gold
-Kingdom Layout and Census
-Combat and Crime

Inventors have been given the specifics of player housing, but the guard guild will have the greater duty of the entire Kingdom layout.

I also would like to get the ball rolling and on aleast the brainstorming for theft.

Any ideas?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 06:57:53 pm by roseheart »
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2018, 03:43:24 pm »