Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Three Kingdoms: Marga Guard's guild, number 2  (Read 1612 times)

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Three Kingdoms: Marga Guard's guild, number 2
« on: February 26, 2018, 11:55:43 am »

Home | Marga | Global | Guard | Inventors | Rangers | Mages | Jesters

As the Guard guild, we are responsible for the following topics:
  • Patrolling the town for crime,which we also design.
  • Preserve the law.
  • Map the town.
  • Constract the day and night phases.
  • Design combat and mortality
  • Report death
  • Handle the proparties of money
current members:
  • Rockeater (Matthew Jones)
  • Imic (Edward Quinlan)
  • Rosehert (Roslin Jolly)
  • Bloop_Bleep
  • sprinkled chariot
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 01:02:37 pm by Rockeater »
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Re: Three Kingdoms: Marga Guard's guild, number 2
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 12:00:10 pm »

I meant to post this earlier, but I'm still sick as a dog that's spent too long wandering around after dark in back alleys and just came back only to cough and hack everywhere and refuses to get out of bed now.
Spoiler: Map of Marga (click to show/hide)
It's not the beat picture, but I can't take another one this minute.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2018, 12:03:42 pm »

get well
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2018, 01:31:48 pm »

Spoiler: Little feedback: (click to show/hide)

I actually would like speak on behalf of the new Jester's Guild. To celebrate the new guildmasters I would like to host a horse race through town.

I realize the town plans may not be final, but perhaps together we can chart a crude coarse, and a race can be held at the end of the upcoming election on (March 2, or 4 days from now).
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2018, 01:50:19 pm »

Spoiler: Little feedback: (click to show/hide)

I actually would like speak on behalf of the new Jester's Guild. To celebrate the new guildmasters I would like to host a horse race through town.

I realize the town plans may not be final, but perhaps together we can chart a crude coarse, and a race can be held at the end of the upcoming election on (March 2, or 4 days from now).
Thank you on the feedback  :D
And you should post a new post on the Jester guild so people will know on it, you don't get modifecetion of posts as new one sono one got massege.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2018, 02:07:05 pm »

You are probably right.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2018, 11:45:40 am »

I am having some fun thinking of how theft might work.

One idea is that players have a "secret inventory" that they track themselves. When someone tries to steal something, it is kind of like "Go fish". There is two reasons the person might NOT have it. Either it was stolen already, or perhaps there is a secret deposit box that only the Guard Guildmaster knows what's inside.

So it is easier to steal from someone that has duplicates.

Edit: Perhaps one player will be the "Thief Master", not a guild, just a person, who asks a person if they have an item(probably in PM).

When they say yes the Thief Master tells them if the Thief succeeded, and if they were identified. With larger objects/more valuable, being harder.

Edit: Hmm, this could be the Guard Master doing this.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 11:50:20 am by roseheart »
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2018, 11:57:01 am »

Inevetble relibility problom, not only trust but also forgetforness on constantly changing numbers like iron ore, And we get to the ironic case where the Thief master is the only person not allowed to steal or steal from.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2018, 01:43:52 pm »

Usually trust based gameplay has no problems, it is boring to cheat.

Someone could ask a guard to investigate if an item is real. They would ask and trace it back to its origin and if it is a counterfeit that's a crime.

There could also be a jail where you can't take an action.

Or just a fee for nobles or people that perform a lot of guild jobs.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 02:00:36 pm by roseheart »
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2018, 02:14:25 pm »

The question is how much items we expect to have at the town and how much copies, tracing one fire sowrd out of three is possible ,but will be a problom out of a dozend evry time someone claim to have one, we can have a treasurer which would follow evryone equipment and thieves asking him.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 03:41:25 pm by Rockeater »

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2018, 02:59:01 pm »

I've heard in the Merchant's Guild thread that the Merchant's Guild is now the Inventor's Guild and that the Guard's Guild now has jurisdiction over   money management and bookkeeping. If that's the case, here is the spreadsheet containing all player inventory and monetary data, as well as that of the guilds. (Look under the Char Assets and Guild Assets tabs.) I haven't been keeping it up to date, so perhaps I could transfer ownership to someone else?
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2018, 04:49:05 pm »

If we don't trust players with their items, and they are visible, then that makes stealing less intellectual and less fun. We'll see.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2018, 04:53:55 pm »

Okay. But I have a question -- who has jurisdiction over item prices, loans, etc.? Would be the Guard Guild's responsibility, or will it stay with the Merchant (now Inventor) Guild?
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2018, 05:44:58 pm »

For now money is Guards.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2018, 05:44:39 pm »

So since the phases are both under one roof(which may have been the original setup), guards are to determine when a phase shifts.

So far we just wing it.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.
Pages: [1] 2