Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: You are a modern supernatural evil (SG)  (Read 2622 times)

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a modern supernatural evil (SG)
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2018, 12:49:02 am »

Sorcerer.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2018, 02:04:54 am »

Were-beast cuz I'm a hipster.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2018, 03:01:30 pm »

Spoiler:  GM Note (click to show/hide)

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2018, 03:15:17 pm »

Sorcerer
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2018, 05:37:28 pm »

Spoiler:  Voting Results (click to show/hide)

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2018, 06:00:51 pm »

Neverborn.

You are a Demon, a metaphysical being formed of the congealed essence of mortal vice, greed, and blasphemy. Your kind are made of and feed upon evil emotion, and while vanishingly rare, are distressingly common when one considers the scale of atrocity it takes to bring one to being. Demons are the first and foremost denizens of the thousand hells, a nigh-infinite labyrinth twisting between worlds, and the ephemeral nature of each is anathema to reality, draining the very foundation of all that is decent and holy wherever they are found.

Most Demons are weak, and subservient to the whims and will of another, an Arch-Demon whose strength is such they are able to manifest their will over an entire layer of the thousand hells. The Arch-Demons eternally feud for dominion in a diabolical fray, and condemn mortal souls to torment to sustain themselves and fuel their efforts. You are a new Arch-Demon, manifested wholesale from a pocket of malice, you slew the former ruler of your layer, and claimed iron-fisted rule over what remained with their passing.

No matter the scale of their malignant debauchery and crooked corruption, each Demon has a full name which is an innate part of them. When it is spoken or written, no matter the place or circumstance, they are instantly aware and given the briefest moment to exert their will upon creation. Each Demon also has a True Name, which is not known to them, and the slightest mention of which forces obedience to anyone and anything which dares utter it.

Though your True Name is not known to you, you are nonetheless able to determine your colloquial designation. What is your name?

Each Demon has a hideously powerful True Form, the very sickening sight of which sends all but the holiest and bravest of men to the deepest depths of dreadful despair.

Upon your inception your being was yet malleable and you found yourself willing and able to shift your impossible physicality to suit your unholy desires. What is your True Form?

Lastly, while each Demon is well-versed in every form of wicked perversion of all that is right and good, each has a favorite blasphemy, one that is near and dear to their blackened hearts, which they wield with fearsome potency.

Of the stereotypical seven deadly sins, which do you most revel in, and wield with the highest proficiency? Your True Form should be taken into account when coming to a final decision, unless you're one of those which glories in deception and misdirection.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2018, 06:12:17 pm »

You are The Archivist, with a body as black as void, under a cloak of night, dotted with silver motes and shaded with impossible nebulae. Your claws are long and pointed, and you radiate a deep purple mist that chokes the air and obscures any feature of yours that might be seen. You are of the greedy, though not of money and things; you seek more substantial wealth, the richness that arises from knowledge and secrets. One day, they will all be yours.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 09:40:47 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2018, 06:16:27 pm »

Name: Qzcvyzc
True form: An endlessly shifting mass of faces and flesh, each face takes a turn speaking whilst the others wail in agony.
Sin: Gluttony.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2018, 06:22:33 pm »

N'Drahrolumph bin Y'olta-gog, The Sphinx of The Profane Swamps

A six-armed giant Lion-headed Centaur Composed of decaying flesh, maggots and worms. An infinite mass of tentacles sprout out of his back, frantically thrashing about

We revel in sin of Greed
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2018, 08:27:24 pm »

Alright, putting in a little bit of thought into this, if we want to have an easy time getting fools to worship us, we should be aligned to something that would make us attractive to the naive, foolhardy, or desperate. Because of this, I feel greed, gluttony or lust would be best for that....Might make something later...maybe. I will suggest the name Nemorvynia though.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2018, 09:03:15 pm »

Name: Catodemon

True form: A giant, blood-red cat with glowing eyes. Its meowing drives mortals insane.

Sin: Wrath
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 09:05:10 pm by KittyTac »
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2018, 09:31:14 pm »

You areMercy, a demon of Greed, especially greed for affection and kindness. You appear to the unwanted, the outcast, and offer them solace...with a price. Your form is that of a kindly old man, smiling, with a cane and a twinkle in his eye...and unusually long fingernails which are faintly stained red around the edges.

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2018, 09:53:11 pm »

Name: Qzcvyzc
True form: An endlessly shifting mass of faces and flesh, each face takes a turn speaking whilst the others wail in agony.
Sin: Gluttony.
I'll plus one this if you can tell me how to pronounce it  :P

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2018, 10:12:53 pm »

I'll plus one this if you can tell me how to pronounce it  :P
'Quh-zik-vi-zik'

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2018, 10:14:59 pm »

You areMercy, a demon of Greed, especially greed for affection and kindness. You appear to the unwanted, the outcast, and offer them solace...with a price. Your form is that of a kindly old man, smiling, with a cane and a twinkle in his eye...and unusually long fingernails which are faintly stained red around the edges.
If I have to pick someone's demon that isn't mine, I'd prefer this one. Unconventional demons are more interesting.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4