Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Three Kingdoms: Marga Guard's guild  (Read 2562 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: Three Kingdoms: Marga Guard's guild
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2018, 05:17:51 pm »

Edward you were mapping the properties, how's that treating you?
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2018, 05:28:17 pm »

I made two versions, I scrapped them both for their own reasons, but I've started the last one, and it should be done soon - ish.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2018, 03:55:53 pm »

So, will health/combat just be a standard hit-point system, or will there be limb health tracking and/or status effects? It would be interesting if we had HP for every major limb/appendage (basically just body, head, left arm, right arm, left leg, right leg), so cutting off an arm prevents the player from using that arm, getting hit on the head gives you a Dizzy status, etc. This also allows magic spells to be more specific instead of just "take 5 damage." But of course that might be too difficult to handle, so we can discuss this.

So combat comes into play inside the kingdom when:

Two players have a dual (currently just a humble coin flip)
When monsters raid the kingdom (Wizard's guild will eventually get to this)
Maybe in Ranger guild missions.

Bloop would you like to make some mock up of a hostile encounter and how a Ranger or guard would resolve it?
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2018, 03:59:29 pm »

Is Bloop even here?
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2018, 04:17:44 pm »

I'm here now. Apparently it looks like I'm part of three guilds already.

So by mock-up do you mean I basically simulate how my proposed combat system would work? And do you mean "resolve" in an IC or OOC sense (that is, will an actual ranger or guard character physically intervene, or just determine how the combat played out OOC?)
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2018, 04:25:55 pm »

Alright. Let's say:

A person fights a boar

Two players have a dual

How might these be resolved. How is it done and how us it portrayed?

Matthew how do you feel about a combat/housing split?
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2018, 04:43:19 pm »

I don't really see what requir that guild to exist seperetly, combat and mortality will happend mainly in the rangers advenures so it make sens to move it there, and housing as all about funds so it make more sens to go to the merchents.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2018, 04:52:16 pm »

Combat and world building under one roof would strain.

Combat does bleed into other guilds, perhaps combat spells with the Wizard's but I think I am satisfied of the need for a warriors guild.

Perhaps housing should go to the merchants as you suggest.

With this new warriors/guards guild invested in it's protection.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2018, 05:06:55 pm »

The point is it odd to put combat and DMing under diffrent pepoles,but that will probably need to go with the abstractions of our characters in things like eqipment and staff.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2018, 05:08:46 pm »

There is no need for missions, which may need to resolve complex raids within a single phase, to barrow or use the system used for 1 on 1 city duels, is there?
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2018, 05:13:51 pm »

I might haved missed you but your plan is to have sparate combat mechanic in and out of the city?

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2018, 05:16:27 pm »

"was" may be appropriate, and perhaps I should do as you suggest. Let's see what bloop comes up with, and go from there.

What most attracted you to the Guard Guild by the way, was it the theme or certain guild duties?

He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2018, 05:24:06 pm »

A)Why I read this coversation like I play Mafia? I need to stop thinking on this game.
B)Duties,becuse it wloud make much more sens to call this guild warriors/guard guild with it aperrent out of town resposibiltis.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2018, 05:28:17 pm »

Housing could be done in a way where it is sold by the guilds. Like the Wizard's guild has houses around it, ect., and guilds would want to sell these properties to their most dedicated members.

This could even be like a "skill point".

Not sure what you just said, but I think Mafia has some mechanics we can borrow.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2018, 05:39:12 pm »

Wait with the mafia thing a bit, at least until we have a reason.

My main sticking point with combat and a lot of other things now is that we don't have defined equipment or skills now, so it will be pretty hard to make them intresting.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4