Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Three Kingdoms: Marga Guard's guild  (Read 2560 times)

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Three Kingdoms: Marga Guard's guild
« on: February 15, 2018, 04:27:24 pm »

This is the thread for all matters pertaining to the Guard guild in the Three kingdoms game, specifically in the  City Town Village Township of Marga, being the Irish word 'Mairge' (Pronounced Marga), meaning Market.

Main thread

It is up to the Guard's guild to patrol the town, map the surrounding areas, establish basic street laws, map the township itself, decide how the day/night cycle will work, and, (Most importantly) Patrol the city streets to guard the Township from crime and... Crime. Mostly crime.
I shall be drawing a basic map in the future of the town + surrounding areas, and any member of the Guard's guild is free to make anupy suggestions, all of which I shall try to take into account, unless they're... Not good.
Until there are more than 3 people in this guild, including me, I'm taking temporary ownership of the guild so as to organize the whole shebang.
Anyone wishing to join may do so below.
Anyone?
Please?
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: Three Kingdoms: Marga Guard's guild
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2018, 01:11:59 am »

Thanks Imic for getting this off the ground. Of course you can consider me a member as I will join all the guilds.

Since you are really interested in mapping and Thanatos Russ brought up Landmarks, how about we discuss what player housing might look like?

So natural resources will be found in the wild, which the Rangers will handle.

Refinning that into wealth and possessions will be for the Merchants.

Protecting ones wealth will be up to the Guards. For a fee.

Player housing protects your stuff if you die. The bigger your house, the more you can protect, but the bigger your tax. Though if you are involved in this game enough to afford n upgrade, you'll need it. Some ambiguous cottage may be enough for newbies but for real players they will want to be in the heart of town. While this game does claim a 1000 population per player, the players will all live within a small area, as... Quite literally only 1 in 1000 citizens is wealthy.... Or skilled enough...
...to join a guild.

Hope that helps with the mapping project.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2018, 03:33:26 pm »

Well, given the hills are near enough for people to go mining, and given that we are close enough to what is presumably a forest for hunting boars is a possible quest, I think I may have spcome up with a general idea of the lay of the land, although I do have a few questions.
First:What title does the current ruler have? Is he a mayor, a lord, or is there a town council? Is there a small building as a town hall, or a wooden fort? Where would players purchase their houses from? (Although I'm currently thinking of some kind of housing broker's building) Will there be any form of bank, and... That's about it, actually. Answer me these riddles questions three four, and I shall draw you a town.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2018, 04:21:47 pm »

Well, given the hills are near enough for people to go mining, and given that we are close enough to what is presumably a forest for hunting boars is a possible quest, I think I may have spcome up with a general idea of the lay of the land, although I do have a few questions.
First:What title does the current ruler have? Is he a mayor, a lord, or is there a town council? Is there a small building as a town hall, or a wooden fort? Where would players purchase their houses from? (Although I'm currently thinking of some kind of housing broker's building) Will there be any form of bank, and... That's about it, actually. Answer me these riddles questions three four, and I shall draw you a town.

Great questions, all are still up for debate.

I am the steward acting for the role of king. You could call me a mayor. I do not have the authority but preform all the duties.

As for the king's castle and the guild HQs, yes I imagine they will be important. At least for raid defense. I am not sure they will be upgraded like a house, I just don't see the purpose mechanically other than again, defense. I feel unit combat should be a bigger priority than structures.

As for local geography, that is actually the pervue of the Rangers(there is actually a poll open right now on the matter).

Any internal mapping done by the Guards would be within the kingdom(or settlement's) walls. I recommend keeping things light for now, there may be many titanic shifts in the way things are done still yet.

The lords are the "council" you could say but for now the player base is about 5 or 6 people so we are all the brightest and best of the town and kind of it's council.

Player housing may involve posting in IC thread or here depending on what we think would be best.

Speaking of combat in a low level form we can start with a coin flip. I'll update this in the IC thread, but two players can request a guard to observe a dual. They can wager on it then a guard available can decide the outcome. The guild can set a dual fee.

Giving a little more thought to it. Room for 20 large houses should be good.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 04:52:39 pm by roseheart »
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2018, 12:30:35 am »

It may make sense to consider the guard guild and castle to be the same thing. Or closely associated.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2018, 01:34:50 am »

I will join.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2018, 12:15:15 pm »

Welcome recruit!

Maybe a central fountain in shopping district. We could work out some kind of good luck spell with the wizards and split the profits. (coin toss revenue)
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2018, 12:23:03 pm »

Welcome recruit!

Maybe a central fountain in shopping district. We could work out some kind of good luck spell with the wizards and split the profits. (coin toss revenue)
Sounds good and we do need to fund our defense somehow
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2018, 12:43:42 pm »

Rightio
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2018, 01:24:26 pm »

We have a high priority decion to make, and it involves the merchant guild. (which I am acting steward of) how fast should day phase end.. And how long do we want them to make night phase last?

He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2018, 02:03:10 pm »

I don't really know. I'm kinda busy right now, so I'll get back later with a well thought out plan.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2018, 01:41:18 pm »

I run for head of the guard (better title can be suggested).

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2018, 02:23:35 pm »

I support Rockeater's ascension to the position of Captain of the Marga town guard.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2018, 02:27:20 pm »

How I forgot to add town to the name.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2018, 02:28:02 pm »

General? Captain is good.

I will also also support Rockeater. Maybe they will track membership properly *ribs Edward*
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 02:32:15 pm by roseheart »
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4