Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Rangers Guild HQ  (Read 5185 times)

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rangers Guild HQ: Not for the Weak of Heart
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2018, 02:05:31 am »

I'm always going to be a little off put when I see you presenting things as a Google doc of some form, as they require a Gmail to edit.

But they don't....? I mean, I can log out of my Google account and access it perfectly fine. Is it not working for you?
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2018, 02:06:15 am »

"edit"
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2018, 02:10:54 am »

"edit"

Ah. I could allow edit privileges on the share link, let's see if that will work....

Yep. I'm able to edit it while logged out. Editing via link is now enabled; let's hope no one vandalizes it, even though that's not something I've come to expect of Bay12.
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2018, 03:40:20 am »

Currently, a mission can be resolved however you see fit. (With the exception of details in the mission itself in how it will be resolved.)
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: Rangers Guild HQ
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2018, 04:09:54 am »

What is the name of the desert termite mound biome?

Canaries Caves | 1 | PaPaj
Trypo Mountain | 2 | roseheart, Rockeater

We have a NAME for the first area outside of town we know about. Trypo Mountain!

For the next poll:

What is a peaceful animal or monster that lives in or on Trypo Mountain?
What natural resource is common in or on Trypo Mountain?

(Ends March 6)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 05:01:18 am by roseheart »
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2018, 10:56:42 am »

for a peaceful animal, i would suggest a jackalope with wings like a wolpertinger
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2018, 10:58:25 am »

We like to make things fly, I agree
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2018, 08:13:56 pm »

So, the Mage's Guild has agreed on some basic aspects of magic, and we have some jobs for you. First and foremost, you need to find someplace(s) to place a magical biome -- a region permeated with a surplus of magic and home to many strange creatures. We haven't decided on themes for magical biomes (good, evil, etc.) so we're leaving it up to you for now, so long as it supports the quest I'm gonna mention later. Second, you need to design a Yellow Mana Elemental, which is going to spawn in the magical biome. It shouldn't be too hard to kill; basically any schmuck who knows what he's doing and has a weapon and preferably a shield of some sort can kill it no problem. Make it so that a character would be able to harvest the following from its corpse: 1 yellow mana crystal, 5 units of astral dust, and a 25% chance of an elemental shell. We'll think of more magical creatures later, including other types of mana elementals, but this is the most urgent thing because there is a quest we want to use that requires them to be present. The quest is simply to trek into the magical biome and kill a yellow elemental, harvest materials from its corpse, then bring them back. Cost and reward are up to you. Just keep in mind that this is supposed to be an entry-level magic quest and that the player will probably have to spend 3 gold anyway on a sword and shield, so try not to make it too inaccessible.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2018, 08:57:32 pm »

Why a magical biome over having magical things in every biome? This is a fantasy game after all.

Infact a yellow elemental may fit into the Mt. Trypo area.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 09:02:05 pm by roseheart »
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2018, 03:02:38 pm »

i would like to try and design it the elemental, but i am shit at drawing
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

UristMcChladni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2018, 09:17:56 pm »

How is the floof quest going to be resolved? And how long will it take to resolve? Can we perform other gold earning actions while we're undertaking it?

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2018, 09:19:42 pm »

No.

You are away.

Soon.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2018, 10:10:15 pm »

Alright my Wild Rangers, you got a job to do..

The wizards guild needs a common creature that drops the ingredients they need:
1 yellow mana crystal,
5 units of astral dust,
and a 25% chance of an viable (solid) corpse object.

It sounds like they will want creatures for their whole rainbow of creatures eventually, so a theme. Perhaps. Those colors are:

Red: Passive Enchantment
Orange: Protection (anti-magic)
Yellow: Active Enchantment
Green: Physics
Blue: Modify other magic
Indigo: Knowledge
Purple: Mind
Violet: Powerful and dangerous to caster
Grey: create
-White: restoration
-Black: volatile

Some may be rarer than others.

For now I would like us to consider what kind of creatures they are. Perhaps there are stronger creatures that drop more, but we need a fairly simple basic creature for all of them. These are creatures not traditional sentient beings, which the Inventors will arm and the Mages will dictate raids.

I am fond of beetles. They come in many varieties which will pare well with different colors. On average 2 foot tall. Having the gem on their back, and their dust on their wings. Each having some kind of horn for the corpse item. There are also many types of beetles for different biomes.

What should the most basic gem creatures be?
Beetles | 1 | roseheart
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 05, 2018, 08:43:39 am »

Does it have to be a animal of sorts or can we go full on fantasy?

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #59 on: March 05, 2018, 06:28:03 pm »

It can but it should be:

come in a variety of different strength levels.

Let's make the [yellow mana crystal creature be] dangerous, and probably a pain to actually catch, but fragile, and unlikely to deal particularly long-lasting damage.

My suggestion: you need to find one of their "nests", so that it can't retreat. From there, it's a relatively simple fight, and while you'll have sustained a bit of damage, there will be the necessary loot, a 24% chance of an intact body, and a 1% chance of catching one alive.

We need a series of these common creatures so we are choosing a theme now.

Or we could make them more unique. In the most general terms they are 'mana crystal' creatures.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6