Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: The Great Games - A SPAM(ish) Adventure  (Read 2848 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Games - A SPAM(ish) Adventure
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2018, 07:59:40 am »

We are a gifted scavenger, which is why we are competing solo in the underwater cave exploration, but have the funds and connections to assemble a good team of sailors, marines and navigators.
Uh, we're doing island navigation though

UristMcChladni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2018, 12:24:35 pm »

You are gifted, being of Eri'aconian and Tatraoan descent. You are modestly well funded [Funds: 5], having profited greatly from your skill in map making, but largely lacking in a support network, having only a few professional connections [Network: 3]. Having lived in the ruins, you have learned some combat ability in addition to your innate magic.

Major Art: Choose one. All are generated via Chaotic Shiny and then modified to my liking. Feel free to ask for clarification.
   A: Curses, binding, and strength spells channeled through chakras. Requires physical access to the target. Difficult for others to sense.
   B: Reading symbols from water, which can grant true visions, or shaping those same symbols to chaotic effect. Casting leaves you emotionally unstable.
   C: Using magical foci in the world around you, you can perform counter-magic to protect yourself and those around you, and can mitigate some physical threats. Instills loyalty in those effected.
   D: Shapeshifting is possible at a gesture, but instills revulsion in those who witness it.
   E: You can summon minor entities, but must form mutually beneficial contracts with them, and can only perform a summoning while in a dream.

Minor Art: Choose one.
   A: Using gems for compulsion. Results are highly chaotic based off of minuscule impurities in the gems used.
   B: Uses runes placed in locations to establish a connection to an amulet, which allows you to see what is happening at the rune, provided it is undisturbed.

Martial Skill: Choose one.
  A: Sword
  B: Spear
  C: Trident/Net
  D: Bow

Visible Rolls: Would you like to see what I'm rolling to decide what happens, or have it happen behind the scenes?
  A: Yes
  B: No

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2018, 12:29:17 pm »

D, B, A, A

Shapeshifting sounds really powerful, and the only con actually helps us in combat.
Highly chaotic results sound undesirable, I'd rather have something that has guaranteed results
Swords are the most versatile

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2018, 12:46:18 pm »

D, B, A, A

Shapeshifting sounds really powerful, and the only con actually helps us in combat.
Highly chaotic results sound undesirable, I'd rather have something that has guaranteed results
+1
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2018, 08:13:01 pm »

D, B, A, A

+1
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

UristMcChladni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2018, 10:49:00 pm »

It's a month before you will compete. You'll be magically transported in a three-sailed cutter into the midst of the islands somewhere. The mage who performs the transportation won't even know where; it's a rather unpredictable spell. You are permitted to bring whatever crew you desire, and each person is permitted to be armed. You will also be given an accurate star map, and the latest map of the islands (which seem to shift periodically making these maps rather inaccurate). Personal navigational tools and supplemental maps are permitted, but at your own expense.

How will you first begin your preparation? In addition to a letter, you can give direction on how you would like to accomplish the task, if you'd like to be specific
   A: Find a crew
   B: Obtain maps and navigational tools
   C: Train
   D: Research the islands
   E: Other

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2018, 01:24:04 am »

E
Practice breakdancing skills for usage in combat.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2018, 04:12:20 am »

E
Practice breakdancing skills for usage in combat.
+1
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2018, 06:02:20 am »

A While brakedancing might be useful we probably should get the crew first.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2018, 07:11:17 am »

A While brakedancing might be useful we probably should get the crew first.
You can always gp with your breakdancing crew

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2018, 07:19:54 am »

A

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2018, 10:40:28 am »

A but also, yes, if they can breakdance as well that would be hilarious.

UristMcChladni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2018, 02:15:05 pm »

Quote from: Rolls
Find Crew (Network): [3d6, >3] = 1, 6, 6 | 2 Successes
Breakdancing (Luck): [1d6, >4] = 6 | Success

During your time in the outskirts of the city you became familiar with some of the local groups for hire, and one in particular has always caught your eye. The Lock Poppers might not be the most savory group, being particularly fond of second floor jobs and similar heists, but their Bohemian lifestyle was something you admired. They put a significant portion of their ill-gotten gains towards funding their own, and other's, artistic pursuits.

You find them on a smoother patch of old ruined floor, inlaid with intricate mosaics that were common to the area, dancing in their unique style. Their acrobatic abilities certainly served them well in both combat and theft, and you hoped they would serve you equally well in the Games.

What do you offer them?
   A: Simple wages, no difference between winning or losing the games.
   B: Graduated wages, up front pay with a bonus based off of performance.
   C: Stake in the games, it would be as much their win as yours.
   D: A dance off, you've heard you can win their respect in such a fashion. Well, maybe you can't.
   E: Other

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2018, 02:26:38 pm »

D

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 [2] 3