Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14

Author Topic: The Three Kingdoms: The Bay 12 One  (Read 13907 times)

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Three Kingdoms
« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2018, 12:32:03 am »

I joined the rangers guild if I need to say it here
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #61 on: February 21, 2018, 12:33:11 am »

You're good.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2018, 01:13:43 am »

I think we should link to the IC thred in the op.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #63 on: February 21, 2018, 02:00:23 am »

We now have 3 members in each guild!
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 21, 2018, 02:37:17 pm »

I'm interested in joining this, and I want to say I fully support the creation of a Scientist's/Inventor's Guild with Arms Race sort of stuff.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #65 on: February 21, 2018, 02:48:17 pm »

The other forums have not played arms race though it is a simple enough concept. Even if the other kingdoms remain allies something like it may be possible, or it can just be internal as we have increasing NPC waves.

As this game is about individuals, the merchants guild will focus on items, and arms race like developments for equipment would happen there.

From the perspective of being an ongoing cross forum game, rather that a limited run, catapults and siege vehicles, takes the focus away from individual hereos questing in the country side.

The game's passing is also slower than realtime.

It's not impossible to introduce these things when it makes sense, but from a foundational level this is growing from an RPG, not the arms race formula of escalation and conclusion, rather MMO on forums. Does that make sense? Hope my answer wasn't too disappointing.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 02:59:43 pm by roseheart »
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 21, 2018, 03:12:39 pm »

I agree, sinceadding things like that, while awesome, could seriously endanger the lifespan of this game due toeverything growing to quickly and eventually dying.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 21, 2018, 07:59:10 pm »

So you're saying that anything mechanical would be restricted to things that are useful to characters, like guns, and that furthermore those kinds of things would be developed in the Merchant's Guild? Cool. I'm fine with that.

So is there a Merchant's Guild thread yet, or do I need to create one?
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #68 on: February 21, 2018, 08:14:14 pm »

Less guns and more axes and armour but you get the idea. (See link in OP)

Should there be a limit on how many guilds you can join? Because most guilds, from what I can tell, are all staffed by the same people.

I have been considering this. For now, no.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 21, 2018, 08:19:27 pm »

If we did do an arms race type thing, it could be against NPC enemies, like Viking invaders or something. And limited to certain events and timespans, for that matter.
Basically, have it be possible to turn arms race mode on and off.

Also, ok.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #70 on: February 21, 2018, 08:39:18 pm »

We need to have the basics covered, and if someone wants to go the extra mile and earn a little gold, that is a positive.

Also it is up to the guildmaster to organize promotions, and keep ballot privilege to those that are active members.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 21, 2018, 09:49:05 pm »

Me Join, part of wizards guild.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #72 on: February 21, 2018, 10:08:38 pm »

Alrighty.

This game is growing fast. Great work!

As we now reached and may have gone beyond the 10 player mark, it is time to open up a second Lord position.

The first one is not filled, so that is 2 openings. A lord has an important relationship with the king. Lords have influence when the king wishes to make a change. You also have an extra vote on the general ballot. Should you choose to use it.

You must be a guildmaster to run for lord.

On another equally important note, is the matter of the throne's coffers. When they are negative like they are, allowances to the guild may end. And as of now they will.

The throne is in charge of sending community funds where they are most needed.

A guild is responsible to create and provide services to make it's members richer, the guild richer, and send money to the throne.

I am not at this time imposing a tax. However I and future kings may when and if needed. We will check in on the coughers a little later to assess the situation at that time.

Also, a reminder there is a ballot open, the kingdom mascot no less. And all are welcome to vote.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 21, 2018, 10:10:28 pm »

*raises hand* I nominate myself for a lordship. Was I decided on as Archmage? I'm not 100% sure yet. :p

And dragons for the beast of the realm. Few things more respectable than those fine works.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 21, 2018, 10:35:22 pm »

I nominate an image of a bronze colossus being decapitated by a thrown fluffy wambler as the kingdom mascot.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14