Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14

Author Topic: The Three Kingdoms: The Bay 12 One  (Read 13894 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: The Three Kingdoms
« Reply #120 on: February 23, 2018, 12:32:23 pm »

Right now, probably only small village walls/fences. A crude palisade is likely the best we might have.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 23, 2018, 12:44:46 pm »

I do know, I just want to opknow wherpather or not we have one, and if we don't I'm throwing a tantrum for long winded cartographical reasons that have nothing to do with any of you, but are mostly involved with a long ateing of bad luck and illness.
Rant over. Flies away
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #122 on: February 23, 2018, 12:45:32 pm »

I also think everyone should keep in mind how different weather conditions effect things. I also beseech the Wizard's guild to introduce a few basic weather rotating weather patterns to climatize(pun unintended) the other guilds in how it might effect them. Remember the negatives in bad weather, balance the good ones.

He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 23, 2018, 01:31:37 pm »

EDIT: Maybe we could have a Healer Guild for matters of people's physical health?
I think that this can be splited between the other guilds.

By the way, how is magic treated in this world?
does evrybody have it, is it common, is it only to the spaciel ones and so on.
Is it treated like a religon,scince, both.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 01:33:31 pm by Rockeater »
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #124 on: February 23, 2018, 01:33:35 pm »

Anyone can join the wizard guild, so we must assume so.

Perhaps we could introduce races with guild restrictions.

Edit: And then they may get more votes in a particular guild. Perhaps dwarves are good at inventions and get another vote in the merchant guild.

I have considered a "monk" guild.

Right now I think magic is a good fit. When that guild has evolved, and duties that it doesn't adopt, or cause split conversation may be separated into one.

Right now I think the guard guild has this problem. Housing and combat may need separate homes. Perhaps a "warrior's guild". I like the sound of that.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 01:40:49 pm by roseheart »
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 23, 2018, 01:44:43 pm »

I don't support race being factor in ooc staff,this wil get us to staff like dwarfs daying and getting replaced by elf beacuse importent votes on the wizerds guild.
The second thing is that we are one of a thousend according to lore,so even if evryone here have magic you still talk on 0.1% of the populetion.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #126 on: February 23, 2018, 01:45:55 pm »

Well put.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 23, 2018, 03:45:44 pm »

So, will health/combat just be a standard hit-point system, or will there be limb health tracking and/or status effects? It would be interesting if we had HP for every major limb/appendage (basically just body, head, left arm, right arm, left leg, right leg), so cutting off an arm prevents the player from using that arm, getting hit on the head gives you a Dizzy status, etc. This also allows magic spells to be more specific instead of just "take 5 damage." But of course that might be too difficult to handle, so we can discuss this.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #128 on: February 23, 2018, 03:51:20 pm »

Hmm. How about we discuss this in the guard guild thread. Edward's thread is about to expire when Rockeater or someone else succeeds him.

So if housing and combat are seperated we may have a dedicated combat guild created. Perhaps you'd be interested in heading that one.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: The Three Kingdoms: All Hail the Fluffy Wambler(start your flagart engines)!
« Reply #129 on: February 23, 2018, 08:04:45 pm »

We have a new mascot to proudly(and cutely) -represent the great Bay 12 kingdom to come.

...a... Fluffy Wambler.

What should be the Marga mascot?
dolphin / 2 / roseheart, UristMcChladni
dragon / 1 / glass
fluffy wambler / 3 / Maximum Spin, Rockeater, bloop_bleep

You made it happen! Now live with it.

For the next ballot let's simply and for once and for all choose WHICH region Marga will form in...
Adjilia or Whitsweal?

This vote will end Feb 27, then we will have a two day election for our Lord positions(apply now), then I hope if we can maybe get some flag art featuring the Wambler, we can vote on a flag, following the election.

...Speaking of Lordship, I have made an error. It was UristMcChladni who applied second for Lordship, so they will serve as steward lord in the interim, not Rockeater(sorry Rockeater).
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Three Kingdoms: All Hail the Fluffy Wambler(start your flagart engines)!
« Reply #130 on: February 23, 2018, 08:09:04 pm »

no probelom

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #131 on: February 23, 2018, 08:16:58 pm »

Sorry UristMcChladni.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 23, 2018, 08:27:34 pm »

I do claim the title of the shortest serving lord though

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #133 on: February 23, 2018, 08:30:51 pm »

Steward Lord.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 23, 2018, 08:55:39 pm »

I will count this.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14