Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 25

Author Topic: Artificial SPAM Intelligence?#: Arc  (Read 14619 times)

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
Re: Artificial SPAM Intelligence?#: Arc
« Reply #240 on: March 15, 2018, 10:56:08 am »

You severely underestimated the sheer speed at which the fast mover team had operated. By the time you lanced two more gangers, the team had managed to acquire a bead on you through their mage and quickly moved to engage you, taking down several members as they passed by. They got you in a bad spot, in a central room with three bulky desks as cover. All the exits are being covered by enemy fire, and although you severely outmatch them as a whole with your sheer endurance, they outgun you. Their Tactical network is mostly unlocked enough that you know where all their units are, but anything more intensive would require a concerted effort on your part.

A. Escape, through the window.
B. Fight your way out.
C. The full brunt of your digital might will be used as you fight your way out.
D. The full brunt of your astral might will be used as you fight your way out.
E. Perhaps we can talk about this?
F. Welp. Time to surrender.

if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 15, 2018, 11:08:06 am »

E I don't think they came here for us so it won't be hard.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 15, 2018, 02:50:04 pm »

E "Hey guys, we are at the same side here"
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 15, 2018, 02:55:44 pm »

E

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 15, 2018, 07:03:13 pm »

Breaching into their tac-net was a simple affair, but the actual attempts of communication... less so, it wasn't your fault at all, either way. In your attempt to adequately communicate to the team of corporate security, they quickly reorganized themselves and breached into the room you were in, starting off with a flashbang, using your attempt to contact them as a distraction.

The Flashbang itself wasn't that effective, your cybernetic eyes and ears mostly bled out the trauma from the weapon, but shortly thereafter they began pushing into the room, all firearms spitting out less-then-lethal rounds.

A. Time to slaughter. No holds barred, the powers of your Astral Command, and matrix superiority will put them down.
B. Maybe a jump out of the window is in order.
C. Outgunned, and in a bad position, Surrendering is the only option.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 15, 2018, 07:07:01 pm »

GODAMN RNGEESUS
Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 15, 2018, 08:01:06 pm »

B

When is tactical withdrawal via auto-defenestration not a bad plan? (Not counting, you know, the landing part.)

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 16, 2018, 03:58:11 am »

B Nothing left to do here
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 16, 2018, 11:23:38 am »

I mean I feel like C is a viable option but if people want to make the window drop I won't say no.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 16, 2018, 12:34:57 pm »

I strongly considered surrender but then we either have to escape en route or we get taken to a place with even more corporate goons and people in pinstripe ties and expensive sunglasses who will ask questions that I'm not comfortable answering.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 16, 2018, 02:36:19 pm »

I don't trust them enough to be left alone if we surrender

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 17, 2018, 11:16:59 am »

bb
c

Diving through the window, a couple of rounds either grazed or narrowly missed you, but you made it through the window mostly unimpeded.

Falling down two stories was a brutish affair, one that you left with only some scuffed limbs. Running away from the scene as fast as said limbs could take you took you deep into the arcologies maintenance tunnels, while under hot pursuit, they clearly had experience with fast-moving targets.

Already partially underground from your previous treks throughout the Arcology, you traversed down a couple levels, and light steadfastly becomes uncommon. Each hallway you push through gets you further and further away from your original district, and after about thirty minutes of a hasty retreat, it comes to a point where you feel that you have lost the corporate response team pursuit.

Questions quickly come and go into your mind on the subject of the response team itself, and why would they respond so quickly in such an impoverished area, but your thoughts are silenced by the simple fact that you have been shot, and multiple times at that.  the bruising welts from the rubber slugs ache significantly whenever they landed on flesh, and it would probably be time to set up a "camp" and take rest.

A. Keep moving, The Dragnet they will set up to search the entire area may still yet enrapture your location.
B.  There are a couple atmospheric scrubber rooms that no one ever heads to unless they have to, it would be perfect for a hidey hole.
C. An abandoned building would be comfortable and safe enough.
D. Circle back around the ganger territory and head back to the spirits sanctum, there is no time to waste.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 17, 2018, 11:34:53 am »

C

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 17, 2018, 01:22:29 pm »

Questions quickly come and go into your mind on the subject of the response team itself, and why would they respond so quickly in such an impoverished area,

Hm ... I'm not going to assume that losing contact means they quit looking.
D

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 17, 2018, 04:25:04 pm »

D keep moving, so they will have a harder time looking for us, but heading back it's a bold enough move for them to search for us properly
Novice english wordsmith
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 25