Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 25

Author Topic: Artificial SPAM Intelligence?#: Arc  (Read 14629 times)

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
Re: Artificial SPAM Intelligence#: The Cross Road of Destiny
« Reply #165 on: March 01, 2018, 10:49:28 am »

C
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 01, 2018, 02:26:44 pm »

As your consciousness stretched from your body, You peered to the astral realm, but everything was off for a couple, horrible seconds. Just before you clamped down on this sensation, the full brunt of both the Astral Dimension and the Matrix echoed through out your head. A garbled sensor input of a dozen different Matrix systems and the astral realms movements pushes you to gasp in shock, and just as the sensor overload came to be, it ceased as your eyes opened to the "physical" realm.

The room you were in was plainly decorated, almost pushing on drab, with a bed that laid on the floor being the only piece of furniture in the room. You are alone in this room, although the door is open and people are regularly stirring to and from in the blissfully non-hospital-like environment. It might not be long before the personnel here might know that your awake.

Before you head out there, or worse, get confronted while sitting on your new bed, you recollect your thoughts.

Name:
Past:  (Wanted, Haunted,  Ran Away)
Ability: (Charismatic, Beacon of power, Clever, Spiritual)
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 01, 2018, 04:35:26 pm »

Breathe... the Matrix is the digital network, and we hooked into it with Astral sense. What the hell did that bastard computer do to us?

Name: Leah "Arc" Deschardres, but we'll probably only admit to "Arc"
Past: Haunted
Ability: Spiritual

Sadly, 'what the hell did ___ do to us' is not a new question. Spiritual because we want to believe* in something bigger and maybe kinder than ourself – no wonder we responded when Mu pulled us into the astral realm – and Haunted because bigger and kinder is not a viable combination in this world.
*I fully intend the distinction between "believe" and "want to believe."

(Yeah, I might have misused those terms with regard to their game effect; yet they are good words for a story about a girl/woman who seeks in hidden places and finds what ought to be hidden.)

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 01, 2018, 04:47:33 pm »

Breathe... the Matrix is the digital network, and we hooked into it with Astral sense. What the hell did that bastard computer do to us?

Name: Leah "Arc" Deschardres, but we'll probably only admit to "Arc"
Past: Haunted
Ability: Spiritual

Sadly, 'what the hell did ___ do to us' is not a new question. Spiritual because we want to believe* in something bigger and maybe kinder than ourself – no wonder we responded when Mu pulled us into the astral realm – and Haunted because bigger and kinder is not a viable combination in this world.
*I fully intend the distinction between "believe" and "want to believe."

(Yeah, I might have misused those terms with regard to their game effect; yet they are good words for a story about a girl/woman who seeks in hidden places and finds what ought to be hidden.)
+1
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
Re: Artificial SPAM Intelligence#: Arc
« Reply #169 on: March 02, 2018, 10:03:04 pm »

Even now, as the last echoes of the Astral Realm vacated your mind, the dying echoes of the machine spirits form still washes over you. Practically thrumming in mana, swooning and flowing throughout your self, and integrating itself to you like spray painted paint. Odd enough, you don't feel so different right now.

Before long, you progressively feel less and less drained from the intensive burn of your astral sensing, but you never really had a chance as the denizens of this place had already figured your awakening. They are perhaps reverant of you, obviously in some sort of awe that you are not quite sure about. They quickly take you out of the room (Despite the protests of your dizzied head.) and through the almost bare and spartan halls of this temple. it spiraled on for a small amount of time before you ended it up in the central "lobby" of the building, where an altar, aspected to a tradition or another. Behind the altar is a larger specimen, wearing much more grandiose, red robes.

For a few moments, the person simply stares, and then he speaks.

"You have been used, lead and then re-made.

I do not expect you to toil like the mice, nor to be a rat who eats the mice, just as your "Spirit" has."

she spat the word out with disgust.

"My master bids me release you, and I will. But the question to you is, will you thank my god? Come to their domain, haunt their halls and spit on its Domain in the centerpiece of its power to converse with it? Or will you run away?"

A.Go to the Spirits domain.
B.Leave.
C.Wait, I have questions!

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
Re: Artificial SPAM Intelligence?#: Arc
« Reply #170 on: March 03, 2018, 12:38:51 am »

C loredump go?
Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 03, 2018, 04:44:28 am »

Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 03, 2018, 09:01:08 am »

C
Yeah because nothing cures a headache faster than infodump.  :P

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 04, 2018, 12:26:01 am »

His face turns to a sneer for a moment, his granite eyes staring at you. After a moment of internal conflict, his features soften, by a fraction of an inch..

"You simply wish to learn, then? If you wish. Would you like to know of My God, My Chains, or perhaps, Your own Spirit?"

A. His God.
B. His Chains
C. My Spirit
D. Something else!

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 04, 2018, 12:40:19 am »

B will help us avoid them if needed

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 04, 2018, 10:42:51 am »

C

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 04, 2018, 11:11:09 am »

C
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 04, 2018, 11:22:22 am »

C (let's understand exactly what the heck is going on) and then know about his god and his chain
Novice english wordsmith

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 04, 2018, 01:22:08 pm »

Perhaps it was something you said or the little bit of brashness that you said it, but the Prophets face contorts for a small moment before returning to "normal".

"It is a shame that you cannot introspectively assense yourself, but if you were, You would know just how alone you are right now."

He turned his head away from your visage, merely looking blankly up, towards the ceiling of stone.

"No gods. No masters. You are truly alone because you, whether you like it or not, are your own god, your own spirit now. I have felt its tremors, its own thousand year war, and it's death rattle in the Astral Realm as it leaked its life essence onto you. There is no other way, Simply because it had written its name onto your soul and then bound itself to you in its "dying" moments. You already know this, don't you?"

The Prophet rubs his own forehead, looking down towards his own lap.

"I have been too generous with my offer. Leave, or Don't. Choose."

A. Leave the Temple.
B. Enter the Spirits Sanctum.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 04, 2018, 01:24:42 pm »

B
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 25