Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 25

Author Topic: Artificial SPAM Intelligence?#: Arc  (Read 14612 times)

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
Re: Artificial SPAM Intelligence#: Project MU
« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2018, 07:24:08 pm »

A

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 17, 2018, 01:35:08 am »

~~Cycle 1 Sub-Cycle 4~~

Your operations in the acquirement of a relay individual have resulted in a  STING operation that was conducted in short order against one of your cyberspace nodes. a van filled with teched out cyberhackers moved into a critical Taboo Juncture Node and attempted to breach and lock down the node.

As it turns out, when all of a creator-species might, all their digital prowess, and every single ounce of processing power they ever had available to them was pushed in an effort to out-cyberspace you, the system "crash" on your own apart was what got you, while their attempts were nothing. It was just a shame that the biostatic feedback that the node-failure and detonation of said node by your back up safeties literally killed the entire team that had attempted to lock you down. Sure, you lost a critical juncture node of the Taboo, but otherwise, all you have really wasted was time and an opportunity that sifts through your clutches.

Taboo is in no rightful shape, and the loss of the juncture node has resulted in several issues in intelligence brokers either leaving the network entirely or worse, dropping off from your sensor network.

A. Spend some assets to rebuild the nodes back to a hundred percent. functionality.
B. Slowly rebuild, there is no reason not to take it slow and steady.
C. Abandon the Taboo to rot.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 17, 2018, 01:41:06 am »

B.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 17, 2018, 03:01:19 am »

B, we do not know what other parts might have been close to compromised.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 17, 2018, 08:42:55 am »

A
We established Taboo because we need an independent arm. The need is still critical; too slow and others will flood our marketplace.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 17, 2018, 09:57:17 am »

A
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 17, 2018, 01:06:27 pm »

>:(

why do you people do this to me.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 17, 2018, 02:09:30 pm »

A

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 17, 2018, 03:23:41 pm »

B
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 18, 2018, 10:58:21 am »

Huh. It happened  again. Flipping a coin. (A for heads, B for tails.)

Heads!

As it turns out, there were several individuals who had cajoled access into several of your independent financial accounts. After the relevant individuals had been notified, they had been kicked out of the network permanently. After this, it was a simple manner of bringing individuals who deserve a higher rank closer into the fold and then rebuilding the networks contacts and agents.  Already several notable individuals had been inducted to the Taboo, and although some liquid assets had to be depleted to make it run as well as it did before, the Taboo is once again considered operable enough for standard operations.

Although Diable Avionics has managed to mostly fill in their lack of programmer/data security needs, several of their security drones have been left on the roof-top of their assembly building with an open connection.

A. Hack them and plant a monitoring/relay program for an inside drone in the factory.
B. Hack them, and order them to march into the slums area so you have a direct hand.
C. Such machines will never fit as your hands and will be left alone.
D. Blow their internal batteries up.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 18, 2018, 11:05:15 am »

I thought about switching my vote if it was still tied when I got back here, but I guess I don't need to.  :P

I like B.
I've been on the lookout for opportunities to gain new assets, and (if the roll goes well) stealing them from our enemy sounds like a sweet deal.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 18, 2018, 12:30:29 pm »

A.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 18, 2018, 12:32:31 pm »

A
We will take over their whole factory.

It'd be too suspicious if they just walked off into the slums.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 18, 2018, 10:50:16 pm »

~~Cycle 1 Sub-Cycle 7~~

Although there were several moments where the network wasn't stable enough to commit to the actions you needed to do, the entire "regiment" of security drones had been subverted.

The systems in question Standard humanoid Riot Control Units. Each is equipped with a durable but outdated sensor system, and a varying load-out of either a shield and electrified Baton with a side-arm, or a semi-automatic rifle in a bull-pup configuration, P9000. their most problematic feature is their rather awful network systems, which have only gotten worse with age. It is likely they will need a stronger communication system to support them if they are anywhere near a battlefield or operation, as they are autonomous with a problematic artificial intelligence.

their use in infiltrating the factory is actually incredible, as they are used in the standard patrols of the facility, including some of the high-security fabrication control systems that connect directly to the various multi-use nanofabricators. besides the manufacturing division, the factory itself is centered around avionics parts, particularly those bound to heading beyond the stars. multiple electronics cleanrooms and high-tech casting furnaces are in place, working for twenty-seven hours a day. It is surprising how light security is considering the valued goods and the threat that has come to it of late, but most of the actual industrial equipment is hidden underground; the factories shabby exterior is acting as a facet for what hides below. The actual goods themselves are moved back and forth by an underground freight train.

It will be sometime before you could access the nano-fabricators, but it opens up a whole world of possibilities.

A particularly intense war between all three ganger factions has resulted in an entire city block being leveled by police affairs. It seems that this sudden boiling point has resulted in martial law in the entire district. It has put the black-site guards on alert, as it appears a riot is brewing against the office building, no doubt due to the Duros Corporations activities as of late in the world.

A. A few anonymous tips and an active surveillance routine could suppress things long enough for it to not matter.
B. Violence can be incited with just a few timed releases of Intel, and a riot could be initiated in mere hours.
C. No real intervention needs to be done, as it doesn't matter much in any form or fashion.
D. the Taboo could gain from this, gun-running and intelligence swapping could be done at a thousand miles a second, and all in the name of profit if you put your full brunt to it.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 19, 2018, 09:57:09 am »

D
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 25