Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25

Author Topic: Artificial SPAM Intelligence?#: Arc  (Read 14596 times)

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Artificial SPAM Intelligence?#: Arc
« Reply #345 on: April 15, 2018, 09:12:55 pm »

B

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: April 15, 2018, 10:34:27 pm »

B

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: April 15, 2018, 11:55:16 pm »

B
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: April 20, 2018, 07:42:08 pm »

Apologies for the delay. My internet died and  I posted it thinking it would be sent. It wasn't, so its also a little rushed.

The Warden nods, looking relieved as one by one, everyone accepted the job.

“The mission will be short, sweet, and simple. There is a group of insurgents in an abandoned office building, that we can’t deal with conventionally without risking the surrounding industrial zones. Should be about a dozen individuals in the building, which has been heavily reinforced with a machine gun and sniper nests, sealed windows and the high probability of traps on the windows as well as doorways. It is likely they enter through the underground, but you will need to do your own intel work to come up with anything else. We also believe they have had both inside help and an outside financer, and we would appreciate names and locations for door busting.

We believe that they have managed to acquire a flier, and are assembling it on the domed rooftop. We believe that this is paramount in their planning and this should be eliminated above all else. By our timeline, we believe that the flier could be assembled into a fully functional system for their purposes in three weeks.

"Any questions? before you get too work?"

The Warden blankly stares at you for a second, before tapping on his commlink, “I’m releasing access to your neural hub and communications array with a two-way commune between only me and you, thanks too your stupid stars damned condition.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: April 20, 2018, 07:46:00 pm »

Why are you keeping me quiet? Do you really expect me to be part of a team I can't talk to?

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: April 20, 2018, 09:53:26 pm »

He reads through the message on his commlink, and immediately rubs his neck with his left hand.

"Look, When they get their communication devices from lock-up, I am sure you can use your augs to talk to the rest of them if you want."

Torch glances between you, and then Bullet, "Wait, we have another murder-machine now? Get damn."

Leaning back in his chair, Bullet pulls a cigerrette from a pocket, and distinctly lights it-- When did his cuffs come off?

"Why don't I get my comm systems turned back on then?"

"Because she obviously can't speak."

It seems like a distinct moment to ask another question.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: April 21, 2018, 02:58:17 pm »

Unless someone else has a better question

Will this open possibilities for further contracts where the payment will not be only freedom? I have some personal objectives that might benefit and be of interest of your organization and if possible we can give only parts of our data "reads memory" of we getting info about the demons coming to destroy everybody and we declaring that we are gonna protect the humans
Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: April 21, 2018, 03:00:00 pm »

Unless someone else has a better question

Will this open possibilities for further contracts where the payment will not be only freedom? I have some personal objectives that might benefit and be of interest of your organization and if possible we can give only parts of our data "reads memory" of we getting info about the demons coming to destroy everybody and we declaring that we are gonna protect the humans
+1
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: April 24, 2018, 04:24:53 pm »

"I... That depends on how you perform out in the field, anything else is beyond my control."

The warden looks to the rest of the crew, and after stewing in the silence, he swipes at the air. the cuffs attaching you to the chairs disengage, although your hands are still bonded together.

"It seems that we are wasting time, come with me and I will lead you to the evidence lockers."

The Three goons following the Warden beckon you to come with him, and after a couple minutes of winding corridors closed doors, you enter a small lobby area, with a small window that sheds light to a truly massive evidence lock-up room.

The quartermaster already is in the process of pulling out things and such, and you receive your box of gear quickly before your directed to a changing room. Inside your box, along with all your things (pistols and all!), you find a Data-Key with Corp-Sec markings. You promptly plug it into your neural hub Connection, and the Control Program is ripped apart. You quickly clean it up, checking over your own software and finding it perfectly as it was, and get to change out of the prison garb. When you finish up changing into your tactical equipment, you find the Warden, who passes his commlink code to the four of you, and without fare, pushes you out of the building.

For a couple seconds, you worry about some manic suspicion that he had done something subtle, before banishing it as the others are already in a semicircle, deciding where to go.

A. Offer up your place.
B. Follow them to their Hideout Zone.
C. A Bar would work for now as we discuss the mission.
D. Walk away, they have your commlink code, and they know how to use it.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: April 24, 2018, 04:28:52 pm »

B

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: April 24, 2018, 07:07:27 pm »

B
Novice english wordsmith

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: April 24, 2018, 07:41:22 pm »

I have the sinking feeling we failed an observation check.

B

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: April 24, 2018, 11:50:37 pm »

B
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: April 28, 2018, 12:01:21 am »

Budding into their semi-circle, you listen to their plans of hiding to one of their bolt holes, and nod when they ask if this is okay, not feeling any real need to offer anything. Your pretty suprised they accepted you so easily, as well.

As your fellows made their way through the labyrinth of the Arcology, you briefly make it into the middle of a transportation hub-- Essentially a train station, that can lead all the way from the ground floor of the massive building all the way almost to its top, provided you have the ticket for it.

Though the train you board does not head up, it heads down to the underground, where you are lead to an impound site after you get off the train, and Bullet promptly pays the rather small amount of fees that weren't waved, and retrieves his car. For a long drive through the larger corridors of the building, you finally end up where you needed to go; His "Humble Abode", a decommissioned small-time arms manufactury turned into a base for the mercenaries to work at. The place is comfy relatively speaking; There is power, and water, but not much else.

It's not long before the entire team is at the roundtable, tactically planning the break-in.

A. Discuss a direct avenue of attack.
B. Figure something out sneaky.
C. Reveal your magical prowess.
D. (Write-in)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: April 28, 2018, 04:08:31 am »

So, I don't know about the rest of you, but I have this nagging feeling the whole thing is a setup, and these guys are in on it.
B.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25