Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25

Author Topic: Artificial SPAM Intelligence?#: Arc  (Read 14597 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Artificial SPAM Intelligence?#: Arc
« Reply #330 on: April 08, 2018, 04:14:52 am »

A

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: April 08, 2018, 09:09:52 am »

A

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 08, 2018, 11:47:25 am »

B talk later, escape first
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: April 11, 2018, 09:09:18 pm »

Nodding once, you get straight to business by simply pointing your finger at him from underneath the table, tilting your head and asking "Who are you?", even if no voice actually comes out.

Adjusting his handcuffs into a more comfortable position before speaking again the one to your left seems to have given up some plan of escape, and is either giving up that methodology entirely or thinking of one that is more subtle.

"Me?"

He lets out a laugh, putting his head up hysterically as he pulls at his chains once more. you honestly cannot tell if it is sarcastic.

"Me and mine are a group of stars-damned Mercenaries, that's what, and if I didn't know nothing, I'd guess that you were one too!"

It seems his hysterical laughing had spooked the woman the furthest to your right, and her delicate awakening was further interrupted by the loud one.

"Hey Cee-Dram, fancy nap you had, huh? Don't let the Plinko's bite!"

besides the obscenities she mutters under her breath as she moves to an upright sitting position, she doesn't really say much, just preferring to look at a particularly interesting part of the ceiling. The unnamed mercenary turns back to you.

"I think we're gon get an offer we cant receive once the peons think we're buttered up enough, so how do you factor in this? Is all that ware for show or what?"

A. Awkwardly stare at him in silence.
B. Mime at him in an attempt to actually communicate.
C. Use a spell to try and communicate to him.
D.Try and attempt to override your implant locks and use your arm mounted screen to communicate.
E. Do something creative. (Fill in)

If you do try and communicate with him, add a number as well.

1. Explain to him that your role is basically a murder-cyborg who breaks into places.
2. Yeah. Your an unstoppable force of nature made from metal and astral might, and you know your gonna tell him all about it.
3. All the cybernetics is pretty much just for the purpose of corporate wetwork; not even gonna mention your previous occupation.
4. Maybe you can convince him that your actually a mage, but your gonna try and down play the whole thing.
5. Maybe the whole truth; You are in fact, a cyborg disciple of a dead spirit.
6. Something else. (Fill in)
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: April 11, 2018, 09:23:22 pm »

C 5
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 11:03:28 pm by omada »
Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: April 11, 2018, 10:56:14 pm »

Eh, I don't think talking about our personal war against imminent carnage in the name of our slain demi-god is the way to go. Not to somebody we've barely met in a room that is surely under ten kinds of surveillance.

3 is close enough to the truth: it's obviously corp ware we're modeling, even if we're not quite employed by the ones who installed it.

But how to communicate? Again I would prefer the least revealing, especially of our magical talents, until we have a better idea how much our captors know. The handlers and haulers at least don't seem to be accounting for our magic, so that's our most likely ticket to freedom.

B3

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: April 11, 2018, 11:03:43 pm »

Good point

B3
Novice english wordsmith

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: April 11, 2018, 11:51:07 pm »

B3
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: April 11, 2018, 11:55:08 pm »

B3 We can come clean about the magic later when we are not in a holding cell and gain some more trust.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: April 14, 2018, 06:45:38 pm »

after a couple moments of you pointing at yourself and whatever gestures you could make with two handcuffed hands to a table, the nameless merc looks at you, nods, and says "Nice." Continuing a mindless nod, he clarifies himself, "M'names Bullet, That over there is C-Dram, pronounced Cee-Dram' and the SLEEPING BEAUTY over yonder is Torch."

He looks down to his hands, recollecting his thoughts, before laughing at the apparent state of Torch, who appears to have finally been rudely awakened. turning to you, Bullet grins, "Now, I am no betting man, but I think  that any minute, they're gonna bust through that door and we're gonna--"

"Stars above, will you shut up already? I still have that get-damned headache from before I was knocked the hell out." interrupts C-Dram, pouting all the while. An incoherent sound comes from Torch, as he leaves his slumped over napping position and glances around, clearly displaying his status as a non-morning person.

A.Try the hand-signals again, maybe they won't ignore you this time.
B. Glaring at them will do.
C. Might as well play pretend, and just stare forward with a blank face.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: April 14, 2018, 07:00:03 pm »

B

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: April 14, 2018, 07:29:30 pm »

B
Novice english wordsmith

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: April 14, 2018, 11:05:41 pm »

B
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: April 15, 2018, 08:26:53 pm »

Bullets shakes his head, looking even just a slightly bit miffed as you glare at him.

"Right, Stars, if you people are gonna gang up on me with all this going down, at least know that I was the last bastard standing when things went to the deep, and I think I deserve a little credit for that."

An awkward silence begins for a couple seconds, as C-Dram stares at you expecting a respond, and irritably sighs.

"One of these days, Bloody hell. When they let us out, please, please tell me your the type of wared-up monster that uses a ranged weapon rather than their own hands, I'm sick enough of Bullet and his antics."

C-Dram shakes her head, and a long silence begins to set, as Bullet appears to be either thinking of something clever or waiting. Torch is sulking down, presumably still half asleep or something.

Just as it seems that Torch was about to slump over and head back to sleep again, the door that leads to this room opens, and in walks a dauntingly sized member of your species; clad in a similar uniform to the officers who had dragged you into your cell, except for a different set of tactical webbing and heavier equipment. It is likely that this man is a Warden; the Individual who is responsible for the expedited justice of the many individuals who pass by his station, either to the prisons or similar strata.

"It seems we are both in a predicament with our hands tied down."

"Literally, in our case." slurred out Torch.

Bullet shuffles, mad that he was beaten to the punch, while the Warden shakes his head.

"Listen here. I will give you all a choice.

You can enter into our security systems as a prisoner of the corporation, and delivered to the maximum or high-security prison stations, depending on what kind of threat you are, and then sentenced as for the individual crimes you have committed against the Arcology Authorities. Most likely, this will be a life sentence, barring any unique circumstances.

Or, you can commit to what your occupational specialties are, and commit a job for me and my crew."

he pauses for dramatic effect or perhaps gauging everyone's reaction.

"So. What do you say? Help the good guys out for once instead of the Savages?"

You look around, and it seems that the other three are waiting for your response.

A. Decline the deal.
B. Accept the mission.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: April 15, 2018, 08:47:16 pm »

B.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25