Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 25

Author Topic: Artificial SPAM Intelligence?#: Arc  (Read 14611 times)

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Artificial SPAM Intelligence?#: Arc
« Reply #285 on: March 21, 2018, 08:12:19 pm »

B

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 21, 2018, 09:59:20 pm »

Falling into the rivers of the Astral, you seep through the waterfalls of moving mana, pushing and ebbing into the metaplanes, and also to the homeworld.

Moving faster and faster, it was almost a blur as you rushed through the jagged paths and the bent world, before landing in the surface of the astral plane, and the spirit was waiting, it uncoiled from around your limp receptacle, and preened as it watched you return into your body.

Suddenly stirring from your position in the physical realm, waking up from the dream-like state was a bit like falling while almost asleep or a cold bucket of water. This was almost as startling as somehow falling from the spirits tree.

One cold landing, and a very bemused spirit later, you stand up from your fall, and quickly look at yourself.

You are bleeding from your nose. The physical realm feels a little bit off, but it is probably expected, being so utterly immersed in a realm of different laws does that. Even pushing a little into the matrix makes you shiver in utter delight from the utter understanding of the pseudo realm.

A. Thank the spirit, and make your way to your "home".
B. Wait here a little longer, and touch the Matrix.
C. Something seems a little off. Stay alert, and wait a little while until things feel less charged.

if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 21, 2018, 10:15:07 pm »

Thought the Tree Spirit moved us to a pit before we astral projected? Eh, no matter.

Thank the spirit, but B.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 21, 2018, 11:45:07 pm »

Don't touch stuff that can hurt us while still dizzy unless in a hurry C
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 22, 2018, 12:31:41 am »

C
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 22, 2018, 01:06:13 pm »

I kind of tried to imply that the spirit was a bit of a mean one and had moved your body to its tree so it could watch you fall out for laughs.

Not everything is serious. Sometimes it's hilarious.

As it turns out, patrolling the block area, finding any suspicious looking people and noting them under your list, and promptly returning to the spirits sanctum.

It doesn't seem that mindful of your presence, very tolerant, considering the circumstances. After around an hour or two of just, calming down and reflecting from the practical spirit journey you had just went through, you decided one the things you had gained an astonishing control over the Matrix and Astral, allowing impossible feats of magical prowess or matrix break ins in areas where enough mana is found or a connection could be gathered.

Just as you leave the spirits domain, declaring a goodbye to the... to it, you managed to get around halfway to your safe house before a single man followed by a group of six, buffed up and augmented dwellers of the slum approach you. The one in front is an exception to the "minor augments", with plainly visible set of prosthetic limbs, beefed up with the stolen pneumatic of what appears to be an construction exosuit. To put it lightly, they dwarf over you, and although there is no spark of Mana in the sleeper, you can assense that they hold a cold and calculating outlook towards you, similar to that of a shark and it's prey. Finally, they stop, looking you up and down, before issuing their demand.

"Your shoes. now."

The gang-members in the back appear to be observing more then anything else, but are not shocked at what he asks for.

To be exact, your assensing has also revealed the extensive amount of previously owned cyber-ware that corrupts and lines his holistic form. It is more metal then in you, but no bio-modified tissue. the implants cover his limbs, his eyes, his heart, and several regions in his torso, most likely various forms of modifications to his metabolic, cardiovascular and blood system. The exosuit pneumatic muscle system probably puts his strength above yours at the expense of being a jury rigged set of pipe scaffolding that is plainly terrifying.

In short, you think it'd be an equal-ish fight if the gangers behind him don't participate, and that's if you don't use your impossibly powered Astral Might.

A. "But my shoes don't even fit you!", Fight back.
B. As above, but maybe a little non-lethally.
C. "F...Fine then," give him the shoes.
D. Run away!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 22, 2018, 01:12:01 pm »

B

Also, Blood_Librarian, if you wanted to convey that the spirit did it as a joke you probably didn't mean to say that it was "bemused". Although that's a common mistake, "bemused" actually means "baffled". :P

Edit again: and you never did actually tell me if "connist" was a typo or what it was otherwise supposed to mean :(
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 01:38:27 pm by Maximum Spin »

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 22, 2018, 01:19:18 pm »

B
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 22, 2018, 02:42:43 pm »

A The harder the takedown the sweeter the peace that follows.

Either way, I draw our attention to the sheer number of cybernetic enhancements here. I suppose the roll will tell us just how vulnerable they are to our Matrix control, but if we can simply stop his enhancements from responding then this jerk is a big, scary statue. Put him out in the acid rain and wait for him to rust apart. Or threaten that and gain a mook, but he doesn't seem quite our type.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 22, 2018, 10:02:16 pm »

A TEAR THEM LIMB FROM LIMB

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 22, 2018, 10:41:10 pm »

No option to threaten him or attack silently his cybernetics?

"No, give me your shoes!"
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 23, 2018, 09:51:15 am »

@omada, His shoes don't fit.
@Maximum Spin, Meant to say "COmmunist", woops. I'll fix the spelling error.
AA
BB
>:L
[Coin flip and...]

Tails!

You struck first,sending a bolt of lightning at him as an opener, arching among his implants, the distinct smell of ozone was accompanied by the man charging forward, rearing for a punch.

Of course, you jack into his wirelessly enabled augments and lance them violently, but before you could move on to lance the more critical ones (Limbs), he kicked you out of his neural hub and then shut down his wireless.

The hit merely grazed you, but it still sent you spinning, which coincidentally allows you to avoid a keerb stomp  aimed straight for your foot, strangely enough. this type of movement repeated several times, you throwing a bolt or a quick hit, or even putting a bullet into the armor plates in his chest, and he returns the favor with brutal blows. Occasionally, he would even stop to inject himself with more drugs or snort a fist ful of powder he had from somewhere.

[3v3

It was actually a pretty intensive fight, for the simple fact that the man simply wouldn't go down.  In the end, the fight subsisted simply because he tried to finish you off with a headbutt and slammed his head into the concrete floor, pinning you to the ground with his utterly massive bulk.

The other gangars appears to have run away as well, awkward...

A. Time to put him down.
B. Uh... Maybe I can just take his shoes and leave?
C. Something else?

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 23, 2018, 10:04:56 am »

A.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 23, 2018, 11:14:36 am »