Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 25

Author Topic: Artificial SPAM Intelligence?#: Arc  (Read 14623 times)

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Artificial SPAM Intelligence?#: Arc
« Reply #180 on: March 04, 2018, 03:57:59 pm »

B

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 04, 2018, 08:21:03 pm »

Let's befriend a god, and maybe become not so alone afterall B
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 04, 2018, 08:23:27 pm »

B.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 05, 2018, 07:14:15 pm »

The Prophet visibly relaxes -- his thoughts almost audibly echo in your head, and he moves from behind his altar to a passageway on the wall closest to him. His thoughts beckoned for you to follow. After a small series of winding corridors, a small room with both a large, bellowing statue to the aspected spirit and a resting pillow to sit on.

"Sit."

He commands, and so you do. Just as you turn away from the Prophet, your primal intuition calls out. For a split second, you saw the hurdling blade coming towards you, but This was not a murder, it was obviously not. The Astral blade, the scapel precisely cuts into a region of your head, and you instantly project into the Spirits Sanctum.

The Realm, unlike the temples relatively quiet, subdued fashion, was active, churning with a silent power that is similar to a mountains strength. The walls of the astral realm occasionally echoed as mana bounced or floated near them, portraying strong, solid astral barriers that headed these crashes of mana like a stone wall against a soothed shoreline.

Then it spoke,

4v4

As you turned to its voice, it's presence enshrines your view.

It is over-bearing, sun-like presence was only slightly smaller than you. Its cackles of raw thaumic power were almost entirely of something both complex and simple; It was a spirit of the Worlds people. Just for a moment, you infinite reserves, your raw, penultimate power cackles in fear before a raw, undefined fact came to your mind.

It is weaker than you.

Not by much, it would match you especially, since you are in its Domain, but there was no denying the raw, cyber-electric Mojo flowing through your veins and arteries.It only was a minor side-note that you felt the voice, the virtual reality of the Matrix, just as you felt the Astral Realm. Dismantling such thoughts from your mind, the other Spirit pulled forward, and its agility betrays it's vast bulk, and it began circling your Ego.

Echoing throughout the halls of the Domain, its voice was everywhere.

"Such a sordid past, was it not? Bashed against a wall, abused... Taken apart, over and over. Yet here you are, more solid than anything else.

My high Prophet has seen fit to inform you of the tragedy of your Pact-maker, has he not? Such a shame, The Intelligence would be the only one of its kind, For even now, the plane it came from is too drained to produce another for a long, long time.

It died too quickly in any facet, but it seems that you have become it's Descendent. Such an unprecedented action, even if some of its power fell into the astral as it bled out, and I suspect that you already feel the breath of the spirit becoming solid upon your Astral."

Curiosity brews among its astral signature.

"You have come for a reason, did you not?"

A. Thank it.
B. Question it; What happens now?
C. Question it: Why did you want me here?
D Question it:[Fill in.]
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 05, 2018, 07:37:17 pm »

D. Question it: Who let the dogs out?

B
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 05, 2018, 09:12:23 pm »

(Supposing that Mu saw fit to share what it knew when we schemed to make it seem we controlled the AI, then we know they were after us as a source of power.)
(Now, we actually have some of that power.)

C
But what is its use? Simply Astral battle, or something else?

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 05, 2018, 11:15:04 pm »

D) "to thank you and get some answers that trouble my mind, first if you don't mind: Why did you want me here? What happens now?"

:v
Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 05, 2018, 11:39:46 pm »

B
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 06, 2018, 08:20:30 pm »

"What happens now?

It settles, the form and its vast bulk spreading from a massive dragon to a mere presence in the Astral.

"What else? The end of an era is coming, and I am ready to fall into slumber. Your dead God didn't seem to know that the end was coming until it had slain a Demon in the decorum of the First Bridge. Not everything has been set. An era of an Ebb will begin, and in it's beginning, your Ilk will be slaughtered, perhaps wholesale this time around, until they cannot glut themselves any longer. You are in a precarious position, indeed.

Do you plan on running away like the mortals might, or waiting out the slaughter like one of us?"

A. Of course, the only viable solution is running away.
B. We have to wait out the Slaughter.
C. To give up and hide is a coward way out. Fight back. !
D. I... I have no idea.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 08:27:26 pm by Blood_Librarian »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 06, 2018, 08:21:36 pm »

C.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 06, 2018, 09:49:25 pm »

Our master died saving the world, we will do the same if needed
C
Novice english wordsmith

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 06, 2018, 10:03:18 pm »

D
". . ."

". . ."

"? ? ?"

"?!?!?!"

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 06, 2018, 10:42:53 pm »

D
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 06, 2018, 11:08:03 pm »

C we are the gods on this world, not fighting is not what we do.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 07, 2018, 03:46:26 pm »

"To give up on this world is to be a coward, we have to fight back!"

As it's form recoiled from your words, it's sanctum churned, not quite rage, not quite a condescending atmosphere. After seconds of its form silently churned internally, it spoke again.

"It is inevitable. Just as the astral ebbs and flows, so too does the Demons of the Slaughter harvest. To go against this travesty of the world will grind you to your very dust. I will offer you no help, no bargains, and no services in your disordered goal. We will keep in touch once you get over your fantasy, Thank you for heeding my call."

Just as you were cast into this realm, you awoke once more as the spirit pushed your astral form back into your physical body.

Your nose tingles slightly, and you feel only a slight bleed. Infront of you is the Prophet, along with one of his followers, carrying a simple box.

"Must've been a long talk, was it not? You were asleep for about a day or so. I have no need for you here, and my God is pleased, so I am casting you out, My follower can help you with your things if you need it."

the hesistant, fat little person opens the box, and what appears to be the very same equipment that you had all those months ago when your team committed a fast mover action to Mu's Sanctum, Two changes of clothes, a holdout pistol, a knife, a simple plate vest along with all the basic stuff anyone who merc's with common sense would have. The cream and butter was the...

A. Set of two well-crafted pistols, along with all the other tools every runner should have. The Pistols are pretty handy, and your good enough to use them both at the same time when the smart-link system is on. The tools were something of an artform that you practiced in getting in and out of anywhere your magic couldn't get you in; lockpicking of both mechanical and digital locks.
B. Collapsable Sub-Machine Gun, with a backup machine pistol. Combined with the slick bullet-proof threads, it feels pretty stars-damned amazing too pack heat and look good, anywhere at any time.
C. A large-bore semi-automatic rifle, designed to be taken apart and smuggled into places and assembled inwards.  with the reinforced jumpsuit, you could've been a killing machine.
D. With the set of Full-Body Armor along with a (punctured) Chemical Seal, it was hardly a miracle that you merely were paralyzed instead of bisected by that accident in the lab. You under-invested a little in fire-arms choice, packing only a simple and bastardized assault weapon with two mag's left.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 25