Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25

Author Topic: Artificial SPAM Intelligence?#: Arc  (Read 14600 times)

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
Re: Artificial SPAM Intelligence#: Project MU
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2018, 12:15:31 pm »

C
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 06:52:07 pm by Puppyguard »

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2018, 12:20:50 pm »

A

I STAND BY MY CHOICE
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 08:24:20 pm by TamerVirus »
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2018, 02:41:17 pm »

A) Simplest, but we've already made the creators anxious by messing with personnel records. Keep sending phantom notices and we'll be discovered.
B) An opportunity to leave the building? Nah, just the most dangerous option.
C) Stay quiet.
D) Opes a line outside, but again leaves tracks. And the masters of the Duros Corporation will surely take an interest in a money trail.

C We're fairly certain they do not threaten us. Let us observe whether our creators are competent enough for us to recruit.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2018, 02:43:04 pm »

C

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2018, 06:05:37 pm »

Oh jeez, I'd rather not fix another tie by coinflip.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2018, 06:11:11 pm »

C
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2018, 08:18:08 pm »

C

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2018, 09:56:11 pm »

~~Cycle 0, Sub Cycle 2.4~~

Five individuals approach the front doors of the office building above the laboratory. After entering the lobby, they appear to try and talk their way in, providing clearly falsified documents and overtly threatening the desk secretary who activates a silent panic button. No less then fifteen seconds later, the engagement starts as hidden machine gun emplacements open fire from behind bulletproof potted plants and suspiciously thin wall panels. Four individuals in heavy Corporate security armor burst through the ceilings, landing on their bellies and placing down suppressive fire against the hostile agents. You witnessed through their integrated comm link and combat HUD of them knowing where to shoot even through the walls, as the combat suit had automatically designated targets using suit Feeds and analytic targeting.

the firefight was short, overwhelming and one-sided.

In contrast, the mercenary team sole survivor was its Mage creator-species, who only lived due to the fact that they had been paralyzed from the waist down by a lucky shot. They are currently in the middle of some excessive force-related trauma for the acquisition of answers related to the attack in one of the black-cells of the underground compound underneath the office building facade.

Their electronics had been taken away by internal security, and it was a simple matter to break into them and find out who and what they are, even while technicians had been methodically dismantling the systems and ripping them apart.

There is evidence of a larger group behind this attack. It is unclear whether it comes from one corporation, independent entities or something else entirely, however. the information they kept on their comm devices was limited in nature and only pertained to the actual tactical intel of the intrusion of the building. They had failed to account for the hidden machine gun emplacements and the rapid response unit.

The security force calls this another day on the job, and despite the insistent emails by the head of security, funding does not increase, nor does their already rampantly paranoid security procedures tighten.

It's not impossible to say that you are a tad disappointed.

~~Cycle 0, Sub Cycle 3~~

Further inspection in the facets of the underbelly of the corporations in the pursuit of expanded operation capacities has revealed an interesting situation that you could develop further.

Due to the rampantly overproductive criminal scene in the district at which the Duros Corporation has settled in, It could be possible to subvert local nodes of the area and acquire and possibly even trade information with the local criminal elements in return for additional liquid assets that are not connected with the corporation of your origin.

The only problem is the fact that it could jeopardize the network stability of your systems, as resources will have to be used that are normally committed to continuing standard operations as a research project.

A.Commit to information brokering with local criminal elements.
B.Reserve resources for future investment.
C.Use Corporate secrets that were uncovered during your existence as well as network resources in information brokering.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2018, 11:23:51 am »

A Independent money is the first step to independent mainframes.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2018, 11:34:08 am »

B

We can do better than simple thuggery
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2018, 11:48:55 am »

B

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2018, 11:52:28 am »

A outside resources can be useful if we are to take over or break out.  A broader perspective might give us a better idea of long term planning as well.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2018, 01:39:16 pm »

Why do you people do these things to me >:l

break this tie

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2018, 09:41:23 pm »

Coin Flip, A being Heads, B being Tails...

Heads!

~~Cycle 0, Sub Cycle 3.5

Quote from: Dice Roll

In just a months time, a firm, widespread network of contacts, fixers, and informants had been firmly placed under your reign as the center of a local conspiracy to perpetuate intel in crime.

You don't give information of Deros Assets, but that's about the only thing you don't commit.

Although you're still not exactly keyed in on the groups and intrigue surrounding mercenary hit teams sent by and for other corporations as deniable assets, you have firmly figured out how to become a "Johnson", contacting a fixer for some of these groups who would allow you to get into contact with these people for any extreme purposes as a deniable asset -- what they are, really.

Although you have yet to come up with a name for your intelligence exchange club, they mainly deal with information related to hitting the various local corporate offices in the district, as information in the acquirement of progressively more lethal weapons and hardware. In return, you've raked in both a set of contacts who do not mind contacting you through digital means and a steady set of independent funds.

Another laboratory is being expanded upon in the black site, the lab's original intention was in the creation of high-end cybernetics for the intention of what may very well be super-soldiers. The program is too early in its creation to tell, however, it may be possible to manipulate maintenance logs and equipment requests for hardware that could easily be misplaced and added to your main-frames to supplement its power.

A. Commit to hardware expansion by manipulating the Requisition Logs and committing beurocratic theft.
B. Manipulate the hardware logs so that the hardware that ends up in the labs are easier for you to monitor, manipulate and use for your own means.
C. Just plant the standard subversion nodes when the systems arrive and call it a day.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2018, 05:53:29 pm »

Name suggestion that I'm not too happy about but I wanted somebody to post something: The Rat's Nest

And B
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25