Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13

Author Topic: Gods Race Rebirth: Light (Turn 3, Design)  (Read 11473 times)

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
Re: Gods Race Rebirth: Light (Turn 2, Design Phase 2)
« Reply #150 on: May 25, 2018, 10:23:05 pm »

I am zorkin, God of change. my domain covers change, evolution and adaptation.
his appearance is that of a giant slime.
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 29, 2018, 01:31:32 pm »

*Rustles thread for votes*
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 29, 2018, 03:06:18 pm »

Hm, yes, um, right. Yep. Certainly.

I vote for the Spell of Immediate Victory. It causes immediate victory in any battle it is cast in, by magically bisecting all enemy combatants, while also cauterizing their wounds completely, reducing post-battle cleanup.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 29, 2018, 03:24:52 pm »

Okay, I'll roll on the impossible project table, see what you get. :3

Honestly though, you can make that a design if you want. It's feasible long-term, but it won't always win, depending on counters and method.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 29, 2018, 03:28:02 pm »

I'm thinking we should set up some anti-stealth units. Maybe they would be mages, with a light-based spell that highlights enemy units.
Maybe it could be used to help ranged units aim better, too, or to direct berserker-type units toward their proper targets.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 29, 2018, 07:59:20 pm »

3 Dimensional Deep-Nautical Tactics
By studying the movement of water masses of the ocean and its dwellers we have developed a tactic to encircle the enemy without them noticing before it is too late. By using the jetstreams we make quick maneuvers while we also use the landscape has natural camouflage. Key to success is to arrive from all angles.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
Re: Gods Race Rebirth: Light (Turn 2)
« Reply #156 on: May 29, 2018, 08:07:49 pm »

Design: Burning Light 'Blasters': A long two-handed staff designed to emits beams of burning light in controlled blasts. A medium to long range weapon, this will provide our forces with an alternative method of damage dealing from afar.
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 04, 2018, 04:22:51 pm »

Quote from: Angelic War Clerics
Based on a lesser archangel and the Thevryns, these embodiments of light have innate access to direct-targeted shield magic for infantry and other units alike and produce an aura of regenerative light magic, making entities be reformed in and constructed the lost and wounded parts with the new. Also they can utilize aerial magic for innate hovering, and are effective combat support units

Quote from: Votebox
Gauntlets of Swoleness:
Spell of Immediate Victory:
Deep-Nautical Tactics:
Burning Light Blasters:
Angelic War Clerics: (1) SC

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 04, 2018, 04:31:55 pm »

Gauntlets of Swoleness:
Deep-Nautical Tactics:
Burning Light Blasters:
Angelic War Clerics: (2) SC, Glass

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 12, 2018, 10:38:55 am »

Gauntlets of Swoleness:
Deep-Nautical Tactics:
Burning Light Blasters:
Angelic War Clerics: (3) SC, Glass, DW
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Gods Race Rebirth: Light (Turn 2, Design Phase 3)
« Reply #160 on: June 15, 2018, 04:19:22 pm »

Angelic War Clerics

Based on a lesser archangel and the Thevryns, these embodiments of light have innate access to direct-targeted shield magic for infantry and other units alike and produce an aura of regenerative light magic, making entities be reformed in and constructed the lost and wounded parts with the new. Also they can utilize aerial magic for innate hovering, and are effective combat support units.

Normal, 1

Rationale: known methods of shielding, existing unit type, known method of flight. New healing magic aura.

1: The design suffers multiple flaws or a single larger flaw. Knowledge will be gained.

The work on the new angels goes well. Imbuing the new creations with light and air magic goes well, so you set to upgrading their appearance to a refined look, with a swept, imposing body and sharp but kind face. Unfortunately, in your artistry, you didn't notice that running the magic together caused a conflict in the energy flow, resulting in almost no flying ability while doing their healing aura. The healing aura itself turned out well enough, and will heal most minor to moderate wounds within a minute. Severe wounds are still a risk.

Contest judgement after the rest of my homework.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gods Race Rebirth: Light (Turn 2, Design Phase 3)
« Reply #161 on: June 21, 2018, 10:11:56 am »

If we do the votes now things will go faster
Quote from: Vote
Foundry of the Crusade(1):Rockeater
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 22, 2018, 08:37:27 pm »

Quote from: Vote
Foundry of the Crusade(2):Rockeater, Glass
Foundry sounds good to me. Industrial base is a key to military success.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 12, 2018, 06:33:24 pm »

Design Phase 3 Results

Foundry of the Crusade:
The foundry is a thing for our Thevryn to work in and create weapons for a true divine mandate against the darkness, the foundry can create equipment and vehicles at a much greater reduction of a cost when all of the angelic workers have stratified workplaces and compartments where they can prioritize and build the weapons of war. The drawback to such a design, is the need of a constant angelic workforce in the Crusade Foundry for it to be maintained. These are the grandest and most regal workshops for the Thevryn.

Hard, 1

Rationale: developing crafting systems, developing large structures.

The Foundry of the Crusade is a grand thing, an angelic cathedral designed by artisans for artisans. The Thevryn are very excited, and provide input to you at every stage. The result is beautiful, a work of soaring arches, delicate skylights, and gilded trim at every corner. Every Thevryn gets their own workplace, and they set up basic flows of crafting to make your divine gear. Previously very individualistic, the Thevryn take up roost with speed and competition, resulting in more than a few divine headaches. Each crafting room is connected to a distribution hub where helpers distribute materials for those crafting. The Thevryn want to work in the crafting rooms as opposed to material distribution, and prioritized them in the build out. In the focus to build out these individual workstations, the process for getting the equipment out of the building suffered. In addition, each crafting room got a lot of work area, resulting in a cramped distribution room. Beyond these issues, however, you have designed a divine workshop worthy of the gear you have designed.

1 Foundry has 10 Foundry Hubs.
1 Foundry Hub uses 100 Material/turn and needs 20 workers.
1 Material is equal to 1 power for non-magical equipment. (Mithril counts as non-magical)
1 Material is equal to 0.5 power for magical equipment.
You can use 1 Thevryn to perform armor enchantment, this is allowed if the hub is producing armor and does not shut down the hub, though it does “waste” 5 material.
1 Power = 2 Material (may be rebalanced depending on future developments)
You must run 1 type of equipment per foundry Hub. Any wasted material is not refunded, material is not shared between foundries.
You do not have to run all Foundry hubs in a Foundry. This doesn’t cut maintenance cost, though.
1 Foundry costs 400 Power/Turn to run. You can choose to not run the Foundry if you want, and this will save the maintenance cost.

Foundry Notes:
Manpower needs are based on Thevryn.
The power to materials ratio is basically static. Don't try to improve this, as it's based on the fact that creating metal bars is easier than creating armor. It's less mental effort for the gods.
You can build more than one Foundry. This just makes the overall complex bigger, adding more hubs. Each Foundry contributes to maintenance cost, but currently are run as one cost.

Production/deployment phase next, please stand by.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gods Race Rebirth: Light (Turn 2, Production)0
« Reply #164 on: July 16, 2018, 09:46:09 pm »

Production and Deployment Phase

It is time. Build additional units and send them out. You can move units 1 realm a turn, including the turn they were made. You are gods, after all.

Planning sheet (download a local version):
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RwkHhE57CiFoQv7uJRfdX_Prx8Fqfs5ZQOuRH9mjlBg/edit?usp=drivesdk

Spoiler: Production Costs (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13