Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Feng Shui 2: Dead City IC "On the Lamb"  (Read 3620 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Feng Shui 2: Dead City IC "On the Lamb"
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2018, 10:26:39 am »

"I'll see if I've got any."

James walks off into the employee section of the restaurant, leaving Leon with the others.

((Stirk, if you have a particular song in mind for soundtrack...))
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2018, 11:19:22 am »

"No thank you. I am a vegetarian. Would you have some strong cleaning chemicals or alcohol you can part with? I don't need much."

Rosa has a disarming smile, and pleasant subtle fragrance.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 11:21:21 am by roseheart »
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

Hibou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2018, 12:34:43 pm »

Kenneth happily carves off a piece of the lamb. He turns to Rosa and asks with a friendly smile, "So what's your story, lady?"

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2018, 01:22:18 pm »

"You'd think as a biochemist I'd know more, about all this. I don't. I was just out of school and... We'll there are some names but..."

She seems like she is trying to choose her words carefully.

"When you see what I can do... Everything I know about the Zeds I learned after this all happened."
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 01:24:16 pm by roseheart »
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

Hibou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2018, 04:24:12 pm »

Kenneth, mouth currently full of lamb, simply nods and offers a muffled, "Mmhm."

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2018, 04:32:26 pm »

"It's all very technical but... We'll for one I don't see how a cure or even a vaccine could be made. It would be easier to cure cancer 3 times than creating a cure."

Rosa takes out the bottle of yellow fluid and plays with it in her fingers...

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2018, 11:39:43 pm »

Leon, in the background, looks at what Rosa is doing, then lowers the fork that was halfway to his mouth.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2018, 09:09:54 pm »

Highly appropriate music starts to play from the restaurant's speakers.

James comes walking back into the dining section, carrying a small bowl of fruit salad with him as he goes.

To Rosa: "I heard you were a vegetarian on the way to get the music turned on. I wish I had fresh fruit to make fruit salad with, but that's long since rotted away. Still, I can do some nice things with canned fruit. Enjoy."

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2018, 01:00:10 am »

Rosa smiles.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2018, 12:14:42 am »

Our heroes never seem catch a break. Their brief moment of peace was shiftily shattered as the sound of someone banging on the back door, rising violently over the music. Any assumptions that it was one of the brainless denizens of the city are shattered when the camera focuses on a red fire axe splintering the door near the handle. They are further suspended by the entirely, unmistakably human sound of a chainsaw revving on the other side of the front door, performing the same action as its lower-tech cousin.

In moments the doors are in shreds and a group of young men begin flooding in. Most of them look like the standard street thugs...but they have taken obvious advantage of the current situation, pilfering the stores and bodies for supplies. The urgency of the world must not have caught up with them, they are all wearing fancy designer shoes, baggy loose pants with a massive price tag back when that mattered, and assorted jewelry that often doesn't quite fit its owners. Three take the gang's gaudiness to the extreme, dressing like they spent all their free time since the Apocalypse fell finding the fallen pimps of the world and taking the flashiest parts for themselves. Four other men look completely out of place, calmly walking behind the excited street thugs. Clean suits. Black shades, black hair. They mean business, and not the kind they're dressed for.

Not to say vanity was the only benefit of the gangster's looting. All things considered they are well equipped, three of the "breaches" have melee weapons. One with a chainsaw, one with an axe, and one with a crowbar. The rest have guns. Four have shotguns, ranging from sawed-off double barrel to full sized pump action. The pimp-wannabes kept up their look with a gold-plated desert eagle, AKM, and M1911. Two more have assault rifles, the real deal that look like they where picked off some soldiers. P90s are in the hands of all four suits-much more uniform than the mish-mash of the rest of the gang.

Two of the Suits followed Six gangsters through each door. A pincer attack, they seem to have at least a little planning. They might be more dangerous then the look.

One of the Suits through the front door raised his glasses with his hand, peering at the group with his dark beady eyes. After a moment he gives an order, even as the fight explodes around him.
"No survivors. That is priority number one. If it comes down to torching the loot and letting them get away, torch the loot."

((Alright! Ready for our first real fight? Details and initiative rolls in the OOC. These are  Kenneth's gang, or apparently a branch of it, so Kennneth can recognize as many people as he wants. Preferably he would recognize at least one of the suits.))
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2018, 12:47:43 am »

Once she sees the axe, Rosa frantically scoops the last bites of her vegetables. With a mouth full, she mutters while shuffling back into the resturaunt, "Dis ishn't wrewy my shing" *swallow* "If you need to get patched up, meet me on the roof!"

(Free Action) Rosa scoops up a bottle of wine, a tile cleaner, and a clean wash cloth.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 01:04:38 am by roseheart »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2018, 01:30:36 am »

One of the Suits points at Rosa as she runs, shouting out "Follow her! Nobody escapes!", as some of the thugs get into position to chase the scientist.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 01:33:35 am by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2018, 03:47:36 am »

It turns out Leon was hiding a gun in a shoulder holster, for a finely-engraved 1911 appears in his hand in a heartbeat as he stands up from his seat. (Fast Draw)

"Oh come on! James, friends of yours?"

He takes quick aim at one of the shotgun mooks and drops him with a single clean shot to the center of mass. (13G + 4-4 = 13 vs. 13D)

(3 shots, next move at 11)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 11:13:18 am by IcyTea31 »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2018, 02:39:46 pm »

"No survivors. That is priority number one. If it comes down to torching the loot and letting them get away, torch the loot."

It took just a bare moment for James to realize what the suit was saying. The camera zooms in on his anguished face. Completely ignoring Leon, James gives off a shout of anguish and draws his gun and whips it up towards the suit who threatened all that was left to him.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2018, 03:18:52 pm »

After James' shots, the camera turns to Leon cursing as his second shot plainly misses the mook that was its mark, breaking an expensive-looking plate hung on the wall. (13G +5/-6-6-2 = 4 vs. 13D: Miss, Bank Shot.)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 05:43:50 pm by IcyTea31 »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6