Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Feng Shui 2: Dead City IC "On the Lamb"  (Read 3617 times)

Hibou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Feng Shui 2: Dead City IC "On the Lamb"
« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2018, 05:18:14 pm »

Kenneth gives a quick look at James and says, "They're not exactly friends, but this ain't the time to get into that!" He stands quickly, chair falling over behind him before he charges the thugs chasing Rosa. He winds up a left hook, but misses the thug and collides with the wall, leaving a fist shaped hole in the plaster. The momentum of the blow causes the building to shudder, and a tile falls out of the ceiling onto Kenny's back.

(12MA +2-6-4 +2 = 7 vs 13D: Miss)

((Edit: Math))
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 05:25:07 pm by Hibou »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2018, 05:43:38 pm »

...or that's what would have happened. Flashback to a few minutes before, Leon stacks a few chairs close to the stairs in case they need to be barricaded quickly, forcing the thugs to walk around them and slowing them enough for Kenneth's strike to connect.

Stack the Odds: -1F, Kenneth's roll becomes (12+2MA -2+6+4 = 22 vs. 13D: Hit & Stunt)

Leon's Fortune: 7/8
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 24, 2018, 05:59:12 pm »

Will happen? Kenneth does not act until shot 6.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 25, 2018, 11:01:57 am »

Having fired his shots, Leon runs a few steps away from the door and flips a table for cover. (no mechanical action)

Hibou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 25, 2018, 03:24:33 pm »

((Since Kenneth isn't acting until shot 6, this will be his first (non-mechanical) action.))

Kenneth swears under his breath as he sees the two familiar faces come through the front door. He swipes the lamb chop, plate and all off the table before kicking it on its side to protect himself from the oncoming hail of bullets.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2018, 04:33:59 pm »

Rosa keeps low in the kitchen grabbing a few supplies before heading up to the roof. She hears groaning and spots 6 zombies in the ally between the restaurant and a toy store.

She hears footsteps and quickly slicks the ground with the tile cleaner, then jumps across to the toystore!
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 26, 2018, 08:15:04 pm »

Our heroes moved to fight the invaders, quickly taking out one while destroying small portions of their own base.
James was particularly angered by the assault on the sanctuary, sending a bullet into the leader's gut. But despite the blood splattering his walls, the man hardly reacts to the bullet wound.

A second suit returns fire, his P90 blazing a hail of bullets into Leon's makeshift cover sending up a storm of splinters. It is starting to look quite like this restaurant will be the next casualty in this fight. An assault rifle mook blast the stairs behind Rosa as she runs up them, bullets inches away from her heels. In the end it accomplishes nothing, aside from putting bullet holes in another piece of architecture. The Desert Eagle Dandy cocks his weapon dramatically, blasting one handed toward Kenneth. The bullets shoot wide on either side of his neck, crashing through the window behind him. The mook then blows upward, removing a large purple feather from in front of his eyes.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #67 on: March 26, 2018, 08:49:10 pm »

Rosa waits for the mook to spot her, then flails her arms to draw attention. And just when she was dashing to hide for cover she fell through the roof!

She lands on a rocking...lamb on the top floor of the toystore.
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 26, 2018, 09:26:09 pm »

Two of the mooks dodge past the men defending the desolated stairs, one with a shotgun the other with the axe. Before long they are chasing Rosa across the rooftop, until she begins waving her arms. The mooks look at each other quizzically for a moment...before the roof gives away below her, sending her plummeting into a toy store below. Continuing the chase, both rush toward the hole. The camera focuses briefly on their expensive-sneakers against the roof top, with a large amount of oil directly under their feet. Cut back to the mooks, both slipping right into the trap. The Axeman slams face-first into a display case, and remains unmoving in shards of glass surrounded by tipped-over figurines.

The Shotgun man had a much softer fall, thanks to Rosa failing to move out of the way on time. He crashes into her back with his own, sending them both to the ground briefly.

Meanwhile, the flashy AK is blasting away at the resteraunt's proprietor, hitting the floor around the target ineffectively.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 27, 2018, 12:00:53 pm »

James does not look happy in the slightest about the damage to his restaurant.

James charges towards the guy he just shot, aiming to break the man's neck, martial-arts style. While James seems enraged, his movements appear very practiced to all involved. He knows what he's doing.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 27, 2018, 11:42:35 pm »

Leon hides behind his cover as two of the mooks open fire, bullets whizzing over his head and into the hard wood as he sits down with his back to the table. For a moment, it looks like he's pinned down by the gunfire, but then the camera turns around to show that Leon can see a mirror on the wall, and one of the Suits through it. Eyes locked on the mirror, he fires a few shots from his pistol over his shoulder behind him, smirking as one of them finds purchase. The surprising shot seems to pause the confused gunmen for a moment as Leon dashes to new cover behind the cashier's counter.

(Free Fortune die from Bank Shot) (13G+5-5+4 = 17 vs. 13D: Hit & Stunt) (10D+4O = 14 vs. 5T: 9 Wound Points to Suit #1)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 12:08:39 am by IcyTea31 »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 30, 2018, 07:13:48 pm »

James swiftly puts his hand on his target, the camera focusing on the suit's neck in X-ray to helpfully shows cracks forming in the bones. Before he can complete this fatal maneuver, another suit comes to his rescue, swinging down his fist like a hammer forcing the ex-spy to end the technique prematurely. There was something strange in the way that second suit attacked, almost like he had no control over his arm and was just swinging it around using his shoulder.

The not-broken-necked suit wasn't about to take that lying down despite having been knocked over from the attack. He snaps his neck back into position before bringing the gun up to his hip, letting forth a stream of bullets toward the ex-spy from the ground. A couple catch him across his thigh, spilling his own blood in his own restaurant. Another suit rushes for the stairs to chase the fleeing scientist, spraying bullets behind him as he goes backwards up the devastated stairway to no effect (aside from putting more bullets into the floor).

Gunfire explodes chaotically around the shop as the mooks try desperately to hit something. Whatever discipline the suits had instilled in them had apparently gone out the window, the operation now looks more like a tornado crashing through the restaurant. The chainsaw comes down on the table Leon is hiding behind, throwing up sawdust and sparks but still far from reaching its target. Bullet marks now cover more then 25% of the room.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 07, 2018, 10:35:30 pm »

Rosa ducks behind a teddy bear as the mook that fell on her scrambles for his gun. He pumps it as he gets up, looking around the room for his target, firing twice and turning the heads of two over-sized teddy bears into clouds of stuffing. The camera then focuses on Rosa, hiding behind the second bear just inches below the last attack.

Flash back to the other room. The chainsaw continues to eat through the table, now spraying up sparks as it clashes against Kenneth's makshift armor. While a spectacular light-show, it seems to hold just fine against the teeth of the assailant. For how much longer it can hold is anyone's guess.

Hibou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 12, 2018, 07:27:07 pm »

The camera zooms in on Kenneth's predicament, the shot split perfectly in half by the descending chainsaw. On the left, Kenneth's face, twisted in a grimace as he grits his teeth. On the right, his massive fist comes swinging up and braces against the table. The camera cuts to a side view as we see Kenneth lean forwards and then slam back as he shoves himself and the furniture backwards into the assaulting mook. The camera follows the gangster as he falls to the ground, and whips around to face Kenneth as he stands to his full height, cracking his neck with a turn of the head as he does.

"Gabe and Mordecai." he growls. "Thought it was pretty clear when I left. If I saw you two again, I'd make sure you hurt." He pounds his open palm with a fist. "Now I know I'm not seein' things, so I think it's time to bring the hurt." he stomps a foot down in front of him and raises his two fists into a boxer's stance.

(14MA +4-5 = 13 vs 13D Hit.)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 18, 2018, 02:10:41 pm »

Meanwhile, James seems to be getting his own kind of cover. A meatshield. James picks up the suit he just choked and uses him as a shield.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6