Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Feng Shui 2: Dead City IC "On the Lamb"  (Read 3614 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Feng Shui 2: Dead City IC "On the Lamb"
« on: February 06, 2018, 05:30:17 pm »

OOC

[Narrator] This is the third attack. The third "Tsunami". A flood of bodies-living dead- so thick it looks like water. They gathered on one side of the city, in a huge mob, and just ran from one side to the next. Its like they are trying to sweep out anyone left alive. They arn't very perceptive during the Tsunamis. Even less so than usual. Sure, you get within ten...twenty feet, they'll try to get ya like normal. But if you're fast, you can escape. And the others just ignore you too-just keep running from one side to the other. Not like normal when they swarm ya like bees and won't stop tracking you until you killed them or they killed you.

First time it happened was at the start of all this. Killed the most people, to. Some got bit and are back on their feet. Others were trampled and are still smudges on the ground. Nobody knew what was going on. Nobody knew how to get away. The lucky and the strong survived, but so many didn't. Second time was almost as nasty. Most people thought we had zombies understood. The Tsunami was just a one time thing, something that exists only in the past. Others got the idea in their head to 'ride out the storm', loading up and sitting pretty in a bunker. Sometimes that worked, but there was just so many of them. Bunch of positions were over-run when the guys in 'em ran out of bullets or collapsed from exhaustion. Some didn't leave themselves anywhere to run. Now we're up to the third, and you know how the old saying goes. Everyone noticed the warning signs. This time we are prepared...

We must be, right?
[/end Narration]

True to the Narration, a massive swarm of undead is approaching the camera. Some are recognizably human. Others are in various states of disrepair. The camera focuses on one shambling forward-crawling with its arms. Its lower body had been removed at some previous point. Countless legs stumble over him-most at only a brisk walking pace. Several break through the windows of nearby buildings, changing their straight path only when faced by obstacles as difficult to pass as a brick wall.

The camera then focuses on our Four Heroes. Perhaps they knew each other before, perhaps this is the first time they had ever seen each other. In whatever case Fate has decided to bring them together for a single purpose: Survival.

--------
((Game: START~! As I said in the OOC, these are "Sub-mooks". As such, you can start doing actions without needing a roll. Interacting with the scenery will also be done without a roll, so go nuts in your descriptions!))
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 11:52:14 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Feng Shui 2: Dead City IC "Tsunami"
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 12:55:08 pm »

"It's never going to end, is it..."

James Murphy pulls out his pistol, levels it at the zombies, and begins to open fire, dropping several of them with headshots, while backing away.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 02:11:39 pm »

There is an odd "clump" of zombies in the storm that just stay huddled in a dome like ball. They shove away other zombies that are skirting past and many have their back facing outward in a protective manner....
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

Hibou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 01:39:29 am »

"C'mon, now. We didn't get this far to lose to a couple biters!"

Kenneth runs leftwards, out of James's cone of fire. Coming up on the curb of the road, he places one of his hands around an old "No Parking" sign, twisting and pulling it out of its already deteriorating mount. With a crunch and squeal of metal, he readies his newfound bludgeon and charges at the horde. With a swing, a crunch, and a spray of purplish sludge a crop of zombies is cut down. With the backswing, another spray of old, congealed blood flies into the air as Kenneth works at the crowd of zombies, chopping and bashing zeds that approach him.

Kenneth tries to cut a safe zone out of the zombies leading over into one of the buildings that seems the least infested.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2018, 03:57:13 pm »

"C'mon, now. We didn't get this far to lose to a couple biters!"

Kenneth runs leftwards, out of James's cone of fire. Coming up on the curb of the road, he places one of his hands around an old "No Parking" sign, twisting and pulling it out of its already deteriorating mount. With a crunch and squeal of metal, he readies his newfound bludgeon and charges at the horde. With a swing, a crunch, and a spray of purplish sludge a crop of zombies is cut down. With the backswing, another spray of old, congealed blood flies into the air as Kenneth works at the crowd of zombies, chopping and bashing zeds that approach him.

Kenneth tries to cut a safe zone out of the zombies leading over into one of the buildings that seems the least infested.

Naturally, this works like a charm. The swarm continues coming, but Kenneth carves a path like a rock splitting a river.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2018, 09:53:52 pm »

The swarm continues. Murphy backs away while cutting at the horde-getting some distance, but the sheer volume of incoming bodies means he is making little progress as zombie's heads explode left and right. The Dead climb over the dead, stepping on fallen corpses as if nothing where there. A pretty pile of those corpses is starting to form.

Using a different tactic, Kenneth carves a path into a building with the assistance of public signage. The corpses fall like wheat before the reaper, cutting a clear trail to the nearby building. At least, momentarily. Following him would be simple for anyone looking for a path to safty.

(As in the Feng Shui spirit, you get to decide what the building is and can simply state it. The details of the setting are left intentionally vague so you can fill them in-it could be a hardware store, a police station, gun shop etc if you wanted to help kill them impressively, or an abandoned subway station if you want to escape the scene.)

In between these different movements is instead a stationary clump-the horde continues to run into, over, and around it as it fights against them. One of the zombies is shown being pushed away, only to fall to the ground. It gets up and continues its straight path as if nothing ever happened. A second is not so lucky-it is shown being crushed under the uncaring horde behind it. What could be making these mindless creatures fight against their own?

Throughout this madness, a Masked Man still remains mysteriously in the shadows. Perhaps soon, he will see it fit to act?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2018, 08:45:27 pm »

"Hope you don't mind if I follow you! It's not exactly safe out here..."

Take signage guy's path to the building.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Hibou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2018, 10:16:47 pm »

"Ay, it's a free country!" he says with a laugh before taking the end of the street sign and jamming it in the door frame. With a little bit of leverage, he rips the entrance open and waves his compatriots over. Directly inside, it was a narrow hallway leading out to a few apartments. The dust and relative silence compared to the outside implied emptiness, but these days you could never be sure. Kenneth was willing to take his chances with the less overt threats, however, and drops his sign at the door before heading in.

Kenneth moves into the abandoned apartment building, keeping an eye out for unseen threats as he makes his way to the opposite side of the building.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2018, 01:01:43 am »

((Alright. Looks like everyone is about done with the Tsunami. Lets finish up here and move on to the next scene!))

The apartments are just as safe as they appear to be, offering temporary sanctuary for those who decide to take it. The camera cuts several times between the view of the outside, with thousands upon thousands of undead continuing their charge, and the heroes as they cautiously explore the apartments. Each time, the camera shows a new threat for the future surrounded by its lesser kin. First is a massive zombie, three times as tall as everyone around it. Its "wearing" a car like a suit of armor, with tires acting as pauldrons. Its lower jaw fell off, and their are pieces of exposed bone and torn flesh throughout the creature's body. Its so massive that its every step shakes the camera, rattling nearby buildings. The camera cuts back to the heroes in the apartment, noticing the shaking and noise while preparing to deal with it, only for the threat to pass. Back on the street, the third type of zombie shows its face. Literally-the camera is focusing on what appears to be a shrunken head with its mouth wide open in a scream. Its head turns 360 degrees in a move made famous by The Exorcist, before the camera pans out to reveal half a dozen of these things traveling in a group. The entire body is emaciated, they have to move on all fours either like a dog or in a crab walk due to their body's decomposition. The camera focuses on a red bricked building-with one of these zombies scurrying across the side like a spider. Again showing contrast-the camera focusing on the inside of the "zombie fort" showing a red-headed woman in her well-defended position. It then goes on to show a fourth species of zombie, a man in a gas mask and SWAT-style armor. Unlike the others, he isn't surrounded by the normal zombies. He is alone, shambling down the street. Appropriately menacing music is played. Nothing seems particularly off about him otherwise-until he walks by the zombie fort. Several of the protectors spontaneously run away while he passes. Not joining the horde, but running in the exact opposite direction of this new arrival adding to their strange behavior. The menacing music intensifies as the camera focuses in on this zed's shoulder patch - a green Chinese style dragon. The music fades, the camera cuts to a Enma mask half-hidden in darkness. It lingers on this image but a moment, before showing a birds eye view of the horde. Many of these abnormal zombies can be seen throughout the group, alongside other strange mutations and aberrations of whatever caused this mess.

((And back to you guys! If you have nothing else to do, you can "Notice the end of the horde" and move on with your lives. If you have any conversations that you want to do while the army continues to march past, now would be the time to have them.
You can show up at any moment Ocean!))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2018, 07:14:32 pm »

"Seeing as we have nothing better to do, we may as well exchange introductions. I'm James. James Murphy."

James stretches out a hand.

Hibou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2018, 08:04:03 pm »

Kenneth grabs James's hand with an iron grip and gives it a good shake. "Kenny." he says. "You're a damn good shot, James."

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2018, 10:27:48 am »

"Thanks. Learned back in my glory days."

Hibou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2018, 01:07:24 pm »

"Oh yeah? You a Marine or somethin'?" Kenneth asks with genuine interest.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2018, 12:44:58 pm »

The sounds outside seem to become more and more distant, the tsunami finally passing. Even the loyal "Fortress" of zombies breaks away to join the herd-whatever had enchanted them wearing off just as the threat passes.

[Narrator] But with every tragedy comes hope. The survivors of the previous attacks discovered a weakness to the lightning like stampede. For the next few hours, the city is clean of the zombie infection. A perfect opportunity to resupply, consolidate allies...and perhaps, make new friends. [/Narrator]

((While zeds away, the heroes will play! If you have any item that you want for the adventure, now is the time to loot it. If you don't, you can always just go after food an ammo. Keep in mind that "No Zombies" doesn't mean "Safe", I might take the opportunity to introduce Kenneth's gang if things seem to be going slow.
Roseheart should probably find an excuse to join the other two.
Ocean should show up at some point >_>))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2018, 12:50:47 pm »

"Retired secret agent, more like."

John peeks outside.

"Looks like the zombies have gone. About time. Hey, want to come to my restaurant? It was a nice place to eat before the apocalypse, and it still is. I've got some lamb I haven't cooked yet."

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6