Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we skip forward to the end of the Prologue?

No, I want to keep going week by week.
Yes, bring on the VIOLENCE!

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 68

Author Topic: Eventide University IC: The Fourth Awakening  (Read 31888 times)

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
Re: Eventide University IC: Week 4 - Happy Funtimes for the Undead
« Reply #765 on: March 22, 2018, 07:00:02 pm »

Sometime later, after several weeks everyone in the main player friend group receives a text in the groupchat.

Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Mistwing

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing too much to keep up
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: March 23, 2018, 04:04:37 am »

Beep
Quote from: Text Message
I assume by that you mean some kind of truesight and not x-ray vision. I'm not sure this is a good idea.
Is your sexual purity worth more than bringing the dead back to life!?
----
I'M INSERTING MY DOUBLE MAXIMUM REPEATING WIND
INTO YOU DIRECTLY

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: March 23, 2018, 06:16:43 am »

Spoiler: Group Chat (click to show/hide)
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: March 29, 2018, 08:25:38 pm »

Later that day, there was a knock on Alex's door. He'd probably be able to guess who it was by the pain flaring up in his leg. When he came to the door, Lilly would wave. "...So, how's that truesight thing work?"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: March 29, 2018, 09:47:37 pm »

Later that day, there was a knock on Alex's door. He'd probably be able to guess who it was by the pain flaring up in his leg. When he came to the door, Lilly would wave. "...So, how's that truesight thing work?"

Alex bites down on the pencil he had been making notes with. He takes a few moments to regain his composure before going up to the door.
"Ah, Lilly! Come in, come in! The windows are fully covered, so you don't need to worry about too much sun light.
Inside the room's hes covered all the nights with rolls of gauze and fabric, softening the illumination they give out. There is a arm chair set up in the middle of the room, more than likely barrowed from the common room. His bed is a pile of pillows and blankets, with a writing desk containing a journal several bottles of Future!advil and some snacks on it.
"Take a seat right in the chair, make yourself fully comfortable. If you want a snack simply ask, I am a generous host. As for the Truesight. I believe it allows me to see past the Firmament, to gaze upon the World As It Is, the true nature of reality. I shall see through the one eye of Odin, the gaze of Athena, and be enlightened! Unfortunately such sight is draining and will force me to rest a great while. I also cannot yet use it in combat without tiring quickly. As for what I will see: your true nature. Probably wrapped within layers of metaphors and symbolism, so don't worry about me learning anything too terrible."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: March 29, 2018, 10:03:15 pm »

Lilly entered the room, taking a glance around before heading to the arm chair. "You're sure it's safe?" she asked, as she took a seat. She twirled a bit of her hair with a finger, her expression showing clear nerves. "...I don't know what you're going to see. I hope it's nothing too bad. But..." Well, it was fairly obvious what she was leaving out of the statement. What would he see? Lilly was... really curious, but in some ways didn't want to know. She had been doing a... somewhat good job of convincing herself not everything had changed. Aside from the lack of sunlight and the blood and... a lot of things really, but she still thought she was herself. But what would her true nature show?
Sigtext!

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: April 01, 2018, 11:02:44 am »

Lilly entered the room, taking a glance around before heading to the arm chair. "You're sure it's safe?" she asked, as she took a seat. She twirled a bit of her hair with a finger, her expression showing clear nerves. "...I don't know what you're going to see. I hope it's nothing too bad. But..." Well, it was fairly obvious what she was leaving out of the statement. What would he see? Lilly was... really curious, but in some ways didn't want to know. She had been doing a... somewhat good job of convincing herself not everything had changed. Aside from the lack of sunlight and the blood and... a lot of things really, but she still thought she was herself. But what would her true nature show?

Alex shrugs at the question of safety. "Nothing, my friend, in this world is ever truly safe. If we only did things that were safe, humanity would be playing with stucks in the mud of some primordial African desert right now. Taking risks has led us to the stars! To magic and electricity! The Greeks would've never fought against the Persians if they only did the safe! The Romans would have stayed a small town of brigands and ex slaves if they hadn't taken any risks! So no, I do not know if it is safe, but I am willing to take the risk of looking to find out!"

He pauses and coughs awkwardlyI apologize for the rant. Anyways, yes, there is an element of danger to this, but I have taken all necessary precautions to avoid burning my eyes out. As for what I will see? I am sure nothing too terrible. And whatever it is I won't look on you any differently Lilly, I promise.."
"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: April 01, 2018, 12:05:59 pm »

Lilly nodded, trying to make herself comfortable on the chair. "I... I guess you should go when you're ready. However it works."
Sigtext!

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: April 01, 2018, 12:38:10 pm »

Lilly nodded, trying to make herself comfortable on the chair. "I... I guess you should go when you're ready. However it works."

Alex makes himself comfortable in his mountain of blankets and dims the lights even further.
"Okay, I've never done this before, so don't get overly nervous if I being to bleed from the eyes, start screaming or any other malarkey that may happen when I open my Inner Eye and stare at the World As It Is. Also if you need fruit snacks, do not hesitate to ask. I have plenty."

And with that Alex opens his fuckken third eye. Let's do this shit.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: April 01, 2018, 03:12:44 pm »

Alex opens the third eye and gazes upon the vampire's form unveiled.

It's a blur, a blinding impression of light, sound, and sensation, all five of his senses being assaulted at once with sheer information overload. A smell of copper, a blackened steel crown, a velvet cord which stretches into infinity, and a ring of fire that turns inward, consuming itself.

He sees a throne, its legs supplicating figures, and a flower reaching for the sun before turning to ash.

Then he sees a vortex, an unsettling thing even to one such as him, which seems to stretch into oblivion.

He finds himself reflexively closes his Sight, his vision spotty, his ears ringing, and every cell of his body screaming that that was a bad idea.

Alex gains Exhaustion
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: April 03, 2018, 11:32:59 am »

Lilly, unaware of whatever it was Alex saw, only sees the reaction - like a flashbang that only Alex could perceive went off a foot in front of him. She leaned forward with concern clear in her face. "A-Alex? Are you alright? S-Should I call someone?"
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 02:00:24 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: April 03, 2018, 01:41:01 pm »

Dom was in the common room waiting at this time. Partly because he wasn't quite comfortable with someone using true sight and the third eye and whatever on him. Who knows what kind of magic cancer that could give you. After all it was basically like X-raying someone's soul right? That's what his dad said. Which probably made it wrong in hindsight. But there was the possibility, a stopped clock and all that. The other reason was that he assumed true sighting multiple people at once would be bad for one's psyche. Probably. At the very least it'd probably be worse than doing only one person... But then, that did mean Alex was all alone in there... with a vampire... Well, hopefully the call of the void wouldn't hit him while he was out.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #777 on: April 03, 2018, 01:56:20 pm »

Scarlet wandered into the common room, looking even more irritable than usual, and flopped facefirst into the couch, letting out something that was probably an expletive of some variety; the word itself was a bit garbled by her head driving itself into the cushions. She sat there for a moment before turning her head to the side, noticing Dom's presence, and jumping slightly, followed by her reorienting herself into a rather more reasonable seated position. "Hey," she said nonchalantly.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: April 03, 2018, 02:00:18 pm »

Bernie looks up, reading what appears to be a book on musical history, sitting at a table and enjoying a cup of coffee. She frowns as Scarlet walks in.
"Scarlet? You feeling okay?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #779 on: April 03, 2018, 02:04:03 pm »

"I never feel okay."

It's a bit hard to tell how serious she actually is, though she speaks again after a moment.

"Less okay than usual, though."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 68