Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we skip forward to the end of the Prologue?

No, I want to keep going week by week.
Yes, bring on the VIOLENCE!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 68

Author Topic: Eventide University IC: The Fourth Awakening  (Read 31853 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Eventide University IC
« Reply #90 on: February 07, 2018, 12:36:01 am »

"I don't believe in fate as a force, but I wouldn't discard the idea that we'll somehow end up dorming together. By the way, I never said I knew anything about anti-magic..."
Dom looks to Scarlet with a raised eyebrow. He doesn't confirm it either way but he does look slightly wary.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #91 on: February 07, 2018, 01:23:46 am »

"And I didn't say I knew for sure. You are a seemingly normal guy going to a school for magic, and, well, your last name's Helsing. Which you seemed a little panicky about. Given that you're confident that you could go toe-to-toe with a vampire of unknown strength, it's not that much of a stretch. Unless you meant this thing-" she tugged on the choker, almost hidden between her hoodie and her rather large amount of hair "- which would probably strangle me if I tried anything. At best." She shrugged. "Or I could just be bullshitting you into admitting what you actually do."

"As for dorms, I wouldn't put my money on being in the same area as you guys. Though I'm hoping my 'accomodations' don't include the guards watching me sleep. . ."
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 01:27:03 am by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 07, 2018, 01:39:52 am »

"I also may or may not have weaponry you don't know about. I'm wearing a long coat after all. That said, you were right. Just wanted to see how you got that idea."
Dom shrugs with a small smile.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 07, 2018, 04:04:19 am »

"As for dorms, I wouldn't put my money on being in the same area as you guys. Though I'm hoping my 'accomodations' don't include the guards watching me sleep. . ."
Bernie frowns at that.
"What, seriously? Wingtips won't leave you alone that long?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #94 on: February 07, 2018, 04:10:29 am »

"Dad was a detective. It's habit. Hope you're not actually carrying anything under that coat, though, something tells me the school wouldn't appreciate it much."

Scarlet shrugged at Bernie. "Dunno, but not being left alone is kind of the idea. I don't show up on video feeds, so. . ." She glanced in the general direction of the people in question. At least she didn't have to worry about getting jumped by some wannabe vampire hunter.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 04:15:13 am by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 07, 2018, 04:12:38 am »

"I mean, I can see WHY but.....don't you find it kinda creepy?"

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 07, 2018, 04:16:15 am »

"They let people who can throw fireballs at will wander around without anything to stop them. If they're unhappy that I'm carrying a weapon they can bite me."
Dom actually seems kind of miffed at that suggestion. Probably the first time he's dropped his friendly expression actually.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #97 on: February 07, 2018, 04:20:20 am »

"No, it's perfectly normal to have armed men staring at you 24/7," Scarlet said flatly. "They're not here for my health and comfort, unless you count it being part of the reason I get to continue existing."

She shrugged (she'd been doing that a lot) at Dom's comment. "Yeah, but do the fireball people have a built-in urge to torch people nearby? I'm a monster. I sure as hell wouldn't let me walk around unsupervised, at least at first."
GM of Trespassers V2.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 07, 2018, 04:24:11 am »

"I guess that's fair."
Bernie visibly frowns at that. It's not as if she couldn't see why the guards were there for the two of them, but still, Bernie didn't feel it quite fair.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 07, 2018, 04:29:24 am »

"Oh, I think having you under guard is Hypocritical as fuck. I'm more upset about the implication... OH SHIT!"
Dom looks like he just realized something and runs off in the direction of the dorms.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #100 on: February 07, 2018, 04:35:20 am »

"Text you later," she said nonchalantly. Hypocritical, he was probably right, but Scarlet wasn't going to fight too hard against the restrictions on her. They really were for the best. "Should probably get going myself, see what box they're stuffing me in overnight, but I'm not in a rush."
GM of Trespassers V2.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 07, 2018, 05:10:41 am »

Upon reaching the dorm building which had been indicated by their admissions paperwork, the group would find that they had all been placed on the first floor of a relatively large building. The majority of them had rooms that were positioned off of a central hallway, while the end of the hall was dedicated to a dormitory with a much sturdier door, which appeared to lock from the outside judging by the mechanism mounted upon it. The rooms themselves were basically identical, with a pair of beds, a small office space, and ample storage for anything that they would need. At the opposite side of the hallway was a dedicated kitchen and dining area, along with a common room with televisions, tables for games, and various other distractions. Outside was a small recreational area where one could exercise, relax outside, and generally enjoy the outdoors. Generally upon entering their rooms, the students would find their luggage placed upon their beds, ready to be unpacked. Dom in specific would find a sheet of paper on his, as well.

Quote from: Notice of Confiscation
This letter is to inform you, Dominicus Helsing, that certain items within your luggage have been deemed unsuitable for unrestricted access within the Eventide University Campus. Specifically, referring to section 3, part 2 of your student handbook: "Eventide University restricts the usage and possession of lethal weapons within its grounds to those absolutely necessary for the practice of magic, and these are to be properly registered and kept in secure storage except during such times as they are required for practice. while this does not entirely eliminate the possibility of assault by other students, it is much easier for us to ward against magical harm and danger than that provided by certain types of purely mundane weapons that are easily modified from their base qualities." Owing to this, several pieces of combat equipment have been removed from your luggage and placed under secure storage in the administration building pursuant to the waiver that you signed upon being accepted into the school. We would also request you turn over any additional weapons which are carried on your person, with the exception of: 1 (one) small melee self-defense weapon and, as it relates to your magical ability, we will allow for a secure guard to be placed on 1 (one) small arm of your choice to be carried on your person which will be unlocked during training times and/or in case of an emergency. We hope that you understand that, especially in respect to your background, we only wish the best for the safety and security of our students, and that in all likelihood such weapons will not be required.

Thank you,

Samantha Torsdottir, Head of Security, Eventide University Administration.

EDIT: Minor Text Fixes
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 05:27:13 am by ragnarok97071 »
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 07, 2018, 05:15:45 am »

Dom quickly heads to the security office to find out what is defined as small here. Hey, everything is bigger in Texas after all.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 07, 2018, 05:20:21 am »

Arriving, he'd find a relatively fit-looking bald man sitting behind the counter, initially leaning back against a wall as he comes in, but pushing himself off of it to sit flat and watch him as he approaches the desk. The man explains, when pressed, that 'small' was considered to mean no larger than a dagger or handgun, though there was a little wiggle-room
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 07, 2018, 05:32:56 am »

Dom nods and sets aside a Cold Iron Bowie knife and a Colt SAA as his self defence. He'd pause to explain it was mainly sentimental value for why he chose them. Then he'd start assembling a pretty impressive pile of small knives, tasers, two glocks, a magazine for gun he forgot at home, a silver crucifix, and a candy cane that was licked to a fine point. He pauses to explain that his dad was worried before quickly looking up and removing a pocket knife from his hat.
"That's everything!"
Dom cheerfully starts to put away the ones he could keep.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 68