Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we skip forward to the end of the Prologue?

No, I want to keep going week by week.
Yes, bring on the VIOLENCE!

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68

Author Topic: Eventide University IC: The Fourth Awakening  (Read 31837 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Eventide University IC: The Fourth Awakening
« Reply #990 on: October 08, 2019, 09:01:16 pm »

Dom slowly sits himself upright rubbing his head with a groan. He hadn't realized he'd fallen asleep, and he didn't expect to have the weird of a dream if he did. Must be some kind of subconscious thing, probably about a library book he stole years ago maybe. He files that away though, because Lilly was looking for a roll call. "Yeah, yeah, I'm awake... This isn't where we were." Dom says as he finally takes a good look around.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: October 08, 2019, 09:23:36 pm »

Infinity. Chaos. Schizophrenia.

Control a laughable delusion. Reality turning semisolid. Life and Death and Dreams melting and mixing together like layers in the cup of a particularly impressive milkshake. Entropy destroying all. Breaking things down.

The whole world liquefies. Albert screams in terror and impotent stubbornness, a thousand shattered selves howling in every variety of every emotion. Ego death. The border between the mind and madness - he faces its' undoing. The great eye that sees all things and hates him, hates him, hates him.

Help. Please.

Someone. Anyone. He's so lonely. Lilly, Scarlet, Idunna.

Alex. He's so lonely.

Albert wakes up with a silent, strangled scream, sitting up, eyes wild for a second, then several more, as he slams his hand against his face hard enough to thud against his skull. His glasses drop askew, his hair, once soothingly pastel, tangles up in dark splotches and crusty dandruff. He takes a breath. Then another, then another. It takes a minute for him to calm down, placing his hands at his lap, still panting and sweating cold. It takes another minute for him to finally speak.

"I... I am myself."
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Zacha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: October 09, 2019, 11:19:50 am »

Bojangles wasn't certain whether what he saw was his Loa's fault, or if it was some strange doings of this place. A thousand reflections, a thousand possibilities, the future laid out before him like the uncertain mess that it was--but entering the water, and the sight of its aftermath, filled him with confidence. No matter what happened to the world, to Louisiana, to his bayou--no matter what happened to him--he was still Billy Bob Bartholomew Bailey IV, and ain't nothin' in this crazy new world could take that from him.

He opened his eyes and sat up abruptly, grinning dangerously in a way Alex would probably approve of. "Yeah, me too. More'n ah wuz when we got here." He climbed to his feet and walked over to the wall, tapping it with his knuckles to see if he could hear any reverberations. "Where are we? Looks ta me lahk m'great-uncle's house in Brazil jes after an army ant raid."

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: October 09, 2019, 01:05:22 pm »

Alex sits up and stares at his legs for a few quiet seconds. Slowly he uses his cane to ppush himself up off the floor, wobbling a little in the air as his legs adjust to not being in a horrible dreamland. The mage shakes the last bits of sleep from his head and looks straight forwards. "I do believe I just got fucking dunked on by a bushy-tailed rodent."

He then notices Albert freaking the fuck out and offers a hand to the boy. "Albert my sweet ray of sunshine, no homo. You are you. I wouldn't allow you to be anything else." He gives the distressed boy a pat on the shoulder.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: October 09, 2019, 09:03:51 pm »

Albert jumps a little at Alex patting his shoulder. His expression isn't unpleasant, but his face does plainly display an expression of surprise. Then, it softens a little, as he moves his fingers back to his hair to brush them untangled. With a small push of psychic energy, his glasses re-align himself on his face. "Thank... thank you, Alex."

He takes another breath. Not sharp, not haggard - an action to regain some semblance of self-control. A slight smile curls on his face. "'No homo', though? How disappointing." He still looks a little frazzled, but he turns to the rest of the room again, adopting that look of smooth concern. "Is everyone okay? I'm not entirely sure this happened when I fell from the sky. My memory's not entirely reliable, however."
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 09:14:06 pm by Sl4cker »
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: October 09, 2019, 09:23:47 pm »

Lilly blinked. "...What do you mean when you fell? This isn't... we didn't fall through any of those holes in the sky, did we? They're supposed to go to Earth not..." Oh fuck, oh fuck, oh fuck oh fuck-

The vampire was pacing. For those that didn't already know about that power, the fact she was also pacing on the walls and ceiling might be a little surprising.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 09:33:31 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: October 09, 2019, 09:27:10 pm »

Dom gets up with a groan. "Well, easiest way to find out where we are... we look." With that, he goes to the door to see if he can open it up.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #997 on: October 09, 2019, 10:33:20 pm »

Scarlet, for her part, had opted for the opposite reaction to Lilly's, in that she had zipped to a corner and then stuck there, said movement betraying what her mostly-calm (if even surlier than usual) expression didn't. "Getting real fucking sick of this bullshit," she muttered under her breath, before raising her gaze to meet Albert's - then lowering it with a deliberate motion. "I'm roughly as okay as I usually am after I wake up from a nap."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Mistwing

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing too much to keep up
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: October 10, 2019, 07:39:00 am »

Idunna woke up with a flash. Bright yellow sparks showering from her as she started awake. Though she didn't get very far with the starting. Just the starting motion of suddenly contracting her muscles brought a painful reminder of the extent of lightning-induced cooking she'd received and made a very good argument for slowly easing herself up instead.

"I don't think we fell but... I don't know about you, but I definitely feel like I went through a gate?"

She didn't make any motion to stand up yet but folded her legs in front of her, settling rather then aimlessly wandering about or B-lining for the door.

"Is everyone alright? Is everyone here?
Is your sexual purity worth more than bringing the dead back to life!?
----
I'M INSERTING MY DOUBLE MAXIMUM REPEATING WIND
INTO YOU DIRECTLY

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: December 27, 2019, 12:47:55 am »

The door itself opened, pulling into the room and revealing... well, a ledge. Maybe more like a path? A space outside of the building, the 'sky' around it warping and shifting, trails following behind it as if the eye was filling in some emptiness with whatever was last in that part of your vision before it looked upon it.

So

That's weird.

Ground seems to exist, though it's hard to tell what kind of ground it is, changing any time you look away from it.

In the distance, you see other doors, though it's hard to make out any specific details.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 12:50:48 am by ragnarok97071 »
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1000 on: December 28, 2019, 12:14:49 pm »

Scarlet peers out the door from her corner - and what she sees is enough to get her up and moving toward it. "That's. . . something." She was officially, entirely out of her depth here. At least it looked cool, even if it hurt her head to look at for too long. She doesn't quite leave the building, yet, instead electing to kneel for a moment to try something. "Worth a shot. . ." Scarlet then attempts to dowse the location of the university, just to see what happens.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: January 13, 2020, 02:27:46 am »

Dowsing, dowsing... well, you were just at the university, so you have a frame of reference at least, so you give it a try.

From the fact that you wake up in the middle of falling over, just in time to catch yourself on the rough stone ground, you reason that wasn't a great idea.

The black, oily... goo coming out of one of your nostrils backs you up on this.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Zacha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: January 25, 2020, 04:30:36 am »

Bojangles, after looking outside, is smacked mostly by how similar it all is to his vision. Thousands of shifting possibilities, but only one way forward, really--ground seems to exist, and it seems to exist as a path, rather than an open invitation to go anywhere. How very interesting.

The horrors outside, however strange, could only horrify someone to whatever extent they were prepared to be horrified by them--and B-Bob was in no state of mind to be horrified. Rather, hoping that his vision meant what he thought it meant, he looked out at the vast chaos and said, "It ain't no gator, but ah reckon ah wouldn't be here if'n ah couldn't wrassle mah way 'cross that there dee-vahd." Then, as though he were just out taking a Sunday stroll, he stepped out into the unknown with every intention of following the path to one of those other distant doors. After all, there was only one of him, and no MP3 visualizer from 2005 could take that away.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1003 on: January 27, 2020, 12:06:21 am »

"Fuck." A moment passed. "And it didn't even kill me." At that point, she wasn't even sure it was a joke. She wiped at her nose, making a face at the. . . whatever it was that came off on her hand. "Don't suppose anyone knows what that is. . .?" She sighed, and then, lacking anything else to do, followed after Bojangles. It's not as if there were a lot of other options at this point.
GM of Trespassers V2.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: January 27, 2020, 07:08:30 am »

Bernie cautiously, and after suppressing the urge to throw up at....whatever was coming out of Scarlet's nose, follows Bojangles.

Nothing was right about this, nothing at all.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68