Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we skip forward to the end of the Prologue?

No, I want to keep going week by week.
Yes, bring on the VIOLENCE!

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68

Author Topic: Eventide University IC: The Fourth Awakening  (Read 31839 times)

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
Re: Eventide University IC: The Fourth Awakening
« Reply #975 on: August 22, 2019, 04:57:30 pm »

"I think, perhaps, you are the most interesting mortal I have met in quite some time, though your words betray the one-sidedness of your information. That concluded, I shall indeed take my leave with a little advice, free of charge."

He looks over all of those there, a slight smile tweaking the corner of his lips.

"I am merely amused by humanity. Many others are more... outwardly malicious. From here on out, you will be venturing beyond your creche and into a wider world, and you will need to be aware of this. I say this because among you is one who I would see continue to be interesting for a very long time. That aside, I do have one more duty to fulfill in the grand scheme of things. I do not relish it, but as with many things, even for one such as I there are oaths that must be fulfilled."

The air around them cracks, and with a feeling like falling and a rush of air, blackness encloses them all, the last thing they see being the black figure seeming to fold into himself before vanishing entirely.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Mistwing

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing too much to keep up
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: August 22, 2019, 05:09:00 pm »

Idunna had decided to do what she COULD do in this situation. While she wasn't doing much better than Albert, she still stumbled her way over to him and pulled him to his feet. Mutual-crutch go! At least for as long as everyone else was mesmerized by the ever-evolving situation at hand. "Where... are we? What was that?"
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 05:19:52 pm by Mistwing »
Is your sexual purity worth more than bringing the dead back to life!?
----
I'M INSERTING MY DOUBLE MAXIMUM REPEATING WIND
INTO YOU DIRECTLY

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: August 22, 2019, 05:11:35 pm »

Alex idly taps his cane around in the darkness, swaying a little on his feet.

"Well, I think I'm going to have a good, long panic attack after this whole ordeal is over. Oh, and is that the taste of iron in my mouth? Lovely." There is then a thump and the sensation of a somewhat insane lawyer wizard passing the fuck out in front of everyone.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: August 22, 2019, 05:32:56 pm »

Dom, thankfully, wasn't able to be knocked off balance due to his seated position. Which is why he quickly stood up and looked around in confusion. After a moment he decided to check to see if his phone could get signal. After all, if this was just an illusion it likely would, if it wasn't... there was a big problem.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: August 22, 2019, 05:34:01 pm »

"Alex." Albert crawls towards Alex's fallen body dumbly. The presence is gone, but you don't just recover from facing down what Albert thinks is probably some kind of god-being in an instant. "Alex. Alex, we have to go - go to the..." Oh, he's out cold. That was the last motes of his consciousness falling into thankfully temporary dormancy. Albert sort of collapses onto the ground beside Alex, flipping himself over to lie on the weird shadow-realm ground. With a grunt or two, he pushes himself up into a sit and gently goes to make sure the law student is alright - physically, he means. Boy's fucked up mentally for sure, same as probably most of his schoolmates.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: August 22, 2019, 05:41:41 pm »

Lilly was honestly annoyed by the insinuation of cowardice. Having a basic survival instinct was not cowardice, it was just not being stupid! Of course, along the lines of not being stupid, she didn't actually say anything like this to what was apparently an eldritch deity (oh god, was the fourth awakening going to be about eldritch beings?). Which didn't seem to keep him from doing... something. For a few moments, Lilly thought she had been knocked out. But the others were around, and she was capable of conscious thought, so... "What the fuck."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #981 on: August 22, 2019, 09:14:36 pm »

"Who the fuck even knows?" Scarlet said, with seemingly the last shred of vehemence she had in her body. Scarlet fairly quickly joined the group on the "ground," thumping down into a seated position. "Now we're, what, outside of reality or something?" What was she even supposed to do at this point? It's not like she had a whole lot of magical talents; her "natural" ones seemed to largely consist of more efficient ways to hunt down and eat people. Or. . .

Something came to mind. There was one thing she could try. She'd been studying up on divinations, that sort of thing. It was a long shot, but maybe she could at least try to orient herself. She took a deep breath, and began the process of trying to dowse her way towards the school.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Zacha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: August 22, 2019, 11:28:04 pm »

Bojangles had been all set to tell that varmint to get out of his county before he tossed him out on his butt, and had taken several steps forward to begin the aforementioned process--that is, tossing him out on his butt--when the process of being tossed out on a butt of some kind was in fact done to all of them instead, and instead of just leaving the county it seemed like they'd left the entire state--maybe even the planet. For someone who had just been musing on how all he wanted was his home, this was... this was bad.

The gator melted away, and Bojangles just sort of slowed to a stop... and then joined the others on the ground, sitting on his butt with a thump... and then laying back and just looking up into the blackness of the nothingspace where they were. He probably wouldn't have been able to do anything to that whatever-it-was anyhow, now that he knew it was capable of this. The existential dread he'd started feeling since the sky broke had hit him full force, and since he'd been away from the group for so long, he didn't really even feel like he was trapped here with friends--more like distant acquaintances. Very alone, very far from home, not in a good state of mind. The way he saw it, he had about one way forward, and it probably wouldn't even work.

"Hey, Loa," he said quietly, trying to contact the bayou spirit who had taught him how to harness the power of the animal spirits he wrestled, hoping against hope that there might still exist a connection, "yew got'ny hints fer me?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: August 23, 2019, 11:42:14 am »

Bernie remains very silent, trying not to move, not to breathe, not to do anything that might exacerbate the situation.

Besides, everyone else had it handled. Right.

Right?

Mistwing

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing too much to keep up
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: August 23, 2019, 05:37:22 pm »

Wellp. Note for the future; Do not try and help the psychic kid when he's in full Alex-mode. Idunna almost lost her balance when Albert bypassed her entirely to attend to ol' Rand, leaving her to... what? Mind her own business and try not to hurt herself worse, probably. Looking around the darkness, watching everyone in low-key panic trying to figure out what the hell was going on, she did spot something she could help with.

Idunna eased herself onto the ground next to Bernie, quietly knitting one hand into hers in a gesture of... solidarity? Neither of them were exactly equipped to deal with... any of this. But at least they could be lost and staring down the double-barrel of the unknown togather, rather than freaking out each in their own corner.
Is your sexual purity worth more than bringing the dead back to life!?
----
I'M INSERTING MY DOUBLE MAXIMUM REPEATING WIND
INTO YOU DIRECTLY

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: August 23, 2019, 07:27:55 pm »

"... This is another Awakening." Albert breathes, still looking over at the unconscious Rand, hands folded on his lap as he lets his blonde bangs obscure his eyes. "My memory is hazy... but I remember, when I first came into this universe..." He inhales through his nostrils sharply. "... Well, it's something like another Awakening, anyways."
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: August 30, 2019, 09:17:30 am »

Bernie, for her part, doesn't reject the hand-holding, but neither does she actively move into it. She just...lets it happen.

Still, it was better than nothing.

A small smile grows on her face. At least she wasn't facing a new Awakening alone.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: September 12, 2019, 12:59:30 pm »

PTW

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: October 08, 2019, 05:39:20 pm »

Spoiler: Bernie (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lilly (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Albert (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dom (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Alex (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Idunna (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: B-Bob (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Scarlet (click to show/hide)

An amount of time somewhere between an instant and a thousand years passes.

you awaken upon a stone floor, the sound of a fire crackling nearby, issuing from a fireplace that is the only feature within this room, other than the plain wooden door that sits against the far wall.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: October 08, 2019, 07:55:18 pm »

Lilly bolted upright, instinctively putting her hand over her heart - habit, rather than actually checking a nonexistent heart rate, these days. That... thing again... she shook her head, and looked around to the others. "Hey, you guys a-awake?" she said, before looking around the room...
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68