Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we skip forward to the end of the Prologue?

No, I want to keep going week by week.
Yes, bring on the VIOLENCE!

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 68

Author Topic: Eventide University IC: The Fourth Awakening  (Read 31843 times)

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
Re: Eventide University IC: The Fourth Awakening
« Reply #960 on: August 22, 2019, 02:44:21 pm »

"Damn, that didn't kill me." It took a moment for Scarlet to realize that she'd made her sarcastic(?) comment aloud, and instead of addressing it, elected to move on. Of course, moving on largely consisted of trying not to panic over the massive rent in reality that had just formed over their heads. At least it wasn't raining any more, and the portal provided a distraction from her response to when it had been. "So are we planning on some more insane ranting, or actually getting to cover?"

Alex shrugs and nods, starting to work his way down from the pile of rubble he had climbed up on. "Yes, I have more than filled up my insane ranting quota for the day. Finding shelter and reprieve would be most expedient and pragmatic in this situation I believe."
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: August 22, 2019, 02:51:40 pm »

"Precisely why I love humanity."

The voice comes before the speaker actually appears, a deep baritone voice filled with laughter.

"Your sky shatters, an obvious conspiracy from some outside power to enter your world, and you not only understand its significance but step foward, proudly puff out your chest, and dare it to come at you! I must say, I was initially going to wait before coming myself, but that got me rather excited."

A lance of crimson light crashes down from the shattered sky, leaving behind it an... inconsistant figure. A girl, with too-huge eyes and a mouth like a spider? A tall, dark-skinned man, adorned in jewels and an Egyptian headdress? A vaguely humanoid, misshapen beast with too many limbs and too many mouths? The figure was all of these things for a moment, among what seemed like thousands of others, before settling finally into the form of an androgynous figure with skin the color of pitch, dressed in an impeccable three-piece suit and with eyes the color of the light shining down from above.

An immense pressure washes over the courtyard, a sort of numbing, constricting sensation falling over the group as their form fully manifests itself. Albert, in particular, would be having rather a bad time, its every word cascading through his mind like a thousand voices speaking in a cacophonous chorus.

"Shall we make a deal, Alexander?"

Alex, hopefully, knows better. Or someone can tell him he's an idiot, either way.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 02:54:36 pm by ragnarok97071 »
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Mistwing

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing too much to keep up
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: August 22, 2019, 02:58:32 pm »

Idunna let out a sort of exhausted sigh and the glowing runes faded as the Vanir seemed to kind of collapse into herself, dropping as her legs simply folded. Though she didn't face plant, fortunately. "I think I need to see the nurse." she groaned, thumping her forehead into the heel of her hand.

... Only she quickly scrambled to her feet when the thing appeared. "What!? No! We're done!" There was just too much of today.
Is your sexual purity worth more than bringing the dead back to life!?
----
I'M INSERTING MY DOUBLE MAXIMUM REPEATING WIND
INTO YOU DIRECTLY

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: August 22, 2019, 02:58:49 pm »

"..." Albert looks up at the dimensional door, the history-in-the-making above him and his fellow students, and, after a second, decides there's no word in German he knows that properly expresses his emotions right now. "What the fuck?" he says, because he knows that expressing yourself is important and healthy.

He focuses on Alex, because goddammit he saw that speech coming from a mile away. "Alex." He breathes. How does he handle this? "If we want to be fighting any mindless gods of the abyss, we need to get to a safe... r, position." Albert didn't sign up for this. He takes a deep breath, Dog Eat Dog's head poking out of the ground beside him, rippling and threatening to let loose.

And then this dramatic fucker comes in and aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Albert immediately backtracks Dog Eat Dog's psychic energy, letting the hound-thing jump back into his skin as he collapses onto his knees, the pressure, the weight of the being in front of him overloading his senses. He was... he was getting used to crowds, but this is an order of magnitude higher...!

"Al... Alex," he chokes out, eyes wide and not seeing. "Don't... Geugh."
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 03:04:32 pm by Sl4cker »
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: August 22, 2019, 03:01:01 pm »

Lilly, well, she took it about as well as one reasonably would. What the fuck. What the actual fuck. Well, she knew what - it looked like what she heard the Awakenings had. And she was standing right below it. Well, look at the positives - witnessing some fairly dramatic history happening. That's cool. Probably should stop gaping. "What... right, right, shelter is smart-" and then a horrifying hell-being thingy. Because why wouldn't the first thing out of the currently breaking sky be something like that.

Lilly essentially gave up on understanding what was going on. It seemed kinda beyond words at this point. What she did see was this thing come in and offer to make a deal with Alex. She didn't say anything but was about ready to thwack Alex on the head with the blunt end of the spear if he decided he liked the sound of it, because that'd be fucking dumb.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Mistwing

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing too much to keep up
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: August 22, 2019, 03:02:15 pm »

"Oh hey."

Ashnah sounded thoughtful for a moment, like whatever was going on rung some kind of bell or made her think.

In the blink of an eye she appeared before the newcomer, adjusting their tie very deliberately.

"Nice duds, coward." she adressed the tie's knot before looking the... whatever they were... full in the face. "Help you look better in a lit room, do they?"
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 03:08:59 pm by Mistwing »
Is your sexual purity worth more than bringing the dead back to life!?
----
I'M INSERTING MY DOUBLE MAXIMUM REPEATING WIND
INTO YOU DIRECTLY

Zacha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: August 22, 2019, 03:17:31 pm »

Bojangles immediately leaped back to his feet and rolled his shoulders when the thing arrived. Being constricted was not a feeling that the big man was fond of and, if Alex was going to make some kind of stupid move, he felt that the best thing to do here would call upon the power needed to veto it. "Arright," he said, quietly, "Looks like we got ourselves somethin' ta fight after all." Skin rippled and bulged, clothing melded with flesh before changing its color to a mottled green/yellow. A scaled pattern emerged before hardening into actual scales as thick as armor, with small blade-like ridges running in multiple rows down his back. His head disappeared as the maw of a huge alligator seemed to swallow it up, jaws snapping shut as a new head emerged from his shoulders before opening again with a low growl and threatening hiss. Bony knuckles and sharp claws were raised on arms as thick as pillars, and a long tail extended behind him for balance as he braced himself. One false move would have him committin' some violence against somebody--whether he was going to tackle Alex or try to eat the thing from the abyss, he didn't know yet.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: August 22, 2019, 03:20:58 pm »

No, no, no, no, no. No. No violence. No. "Everyone... calm... down...!" Alex groans from his position on the ground, shakily trying to get back up with minimal success.
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: August 22, 2019, 03:24:10 pm »

"Not all of us hate ourselves quite as much as you, after all. That, and I merely play my part, as I always do. As for the clothes, I like to think they make me look better in every situation, honestly."

His eyes quirk over to the rapidly-expanding alligator-man, a smile forming on his face.

"Ooh, another brave one."

He sniffs.

"Ugh. with the stench of an amphibious huckster on you, no less. Calm down, I'm not here to fight, just talk. Like I said, unlike most of my family I've always been rather fond of humanity. They're such fun toys."
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 03:26:53 pm by ragnarok97071 »
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: August 22, 2019, 03:36:43 pm »

Dom, for his part, was just holding his hat tightly, the wet brim being pulled down slightly as he firmly planted it around his head. He had a lot of things to say, like "Holy shit, what the fuck just happened.", or "Alex, did you have anything to do with this?", and especially after the monologue "Holy shit, Alex what the fuck.". But finally, with the arrival of a suited being that hurt to look at, and it's offering of a deal, Dom's white knuckled grip on his gun finally loosens as he comes to a conclusion. Dom gently holsters the revolver and firmly straps it in, before finally sighing, and taking a seat. "This is going to be a long day isn't it?"

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: August 22, 2019, 04:17:46 pm »

For a second, the universe swings in the balance. Alex stares at the being, eyes filled with open lust for power. His hand twitches, almost extending forwards, his smile turning hungry and feral.

"Are you fucking insane?"

Sanity reasserts itself. Alex glares at the figure with distrust and more than a little bit of contempt. "What kind of fucking fool, nincompoop and utterly drooling laggard do you take more for? Do you think this is some fucking amateur hour shit I'm pulling? Do you think I was able to make a contract with the World Ash itself by a fluke? I am Alexander Westcott Rand, blood of Huld and someone who actually knows how fucking contracts work. I am not going to be blundering into any deals that I don't know the terms of. Give me a written document for me to look over and we shall see about this deal. You think I don't know what happened to Dee!? I am not some simpering warlock that can be seduced into a lopsided exchange through a bit of a light show and a changing form!"

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: August 22, 2019, 04:27:53 pm »

There's that laugh again, as deep as the ocean and harsh as nails on a chalkboard.

"You just keep getting better and better! You would be amazed how few people are willing to talk to me like that knowingly, which from your words I assume you know all too well the context of. I respect that. Less so your frightened companions. Luckily, I am no upstart demon who has to resort to trickery in some petty quest for mortal souls. I have much... greater aspirations. How about this: You renounce that... disgusting weed, cast aside its blessings, and I'll replace its power with my own, in equal measure and entirely under your command. Imagine, being able to remake that disgusting tableau of imperfection that the World Ash has seen fit to mutilate further. To walk free and unaided, at the mere cost of the support of a plant that, let's be honest, has never given you anything without a world of pain to go with it. Of course, if you would like it in written form, such can be provided for your review."

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: August 22, 2019, 04:30:42 pm »

Albert sees exactly what's going on here. He's no arcane lawyer, he's no businessman, he doesn't even read that many works of fiction - be he knows what this is. He looks up at Alex, willing himself to ignore that pressure, willing himself to do away with distractions, forcing himself to

focus

on

Alex. And see if that thirst for power really is there.
carrot cakeu

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: August 22, 2019, 04:36:56 pm »

Alex almost considers it for a moment. There is a moment of cost-benefit analysis that threatens to tip the balance. However, as openly power hungry as Alex may be, there is still something genuine inside of him.

He bows to the Crawling Chaos with a flourish. "I am afraid I must decline. There is power in a bond upheld and a trust kept that I would not throw away for all the while. My form may be ragged and disfigured, yes, but it is mine by my actions and choices; more than any easily gained replacement would be." He places a hand over his chest. "Herald of the Gibbering Sultan, I pity you. For all your power and your honeyed words, you will never know the bliss that is the blood of the World Ash. I would invite you to step out of the void, to go back to the form you once had before you threw everything away to become a God of the Outer Spheres, but I fear my words will be lost on you. In the interests of keeping a pleasant dialogue I fully invite you to send me your contract so that I may look it over, but I fear my path and my choice is set."

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: August 22, 2019, 04:42:01 pm »

Well, that's going well. Something to think about while plotting Alex's impromptu-not-so-impromptu therapy session. Albert doesn't know who the Gibbering Sultan is, but the fact that even Alex is wary of the being - the boy who wanted to draw power from a hurricane, broke down when his friends didn't like that, and then proceeded to try to do it anyway - was even more evidence that this being wasn't something Albert wanted to be around for very long. As if the crushing presence wasn't enough.

"We should... we should go. Shel...ter."
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 04:44:48 pm by Sl4cker »
carrot cakeu
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 68