Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we skip forward to the end of the Prologue?

No, I want to keep going week by week.
Yes, bring on the VIOLENCE!

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 68

Author Topic: Eventide University IC: The Fourth Awakening  (Read 31848 times)

Mistwing

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing too much to keep up
    • View Profile
Re: Eventide University IC: Nocte Invidia
« Reply #930 on: April 13, 2019, 01:33:28 am »

When you're being slowly cooked by lightning elementals you sometimes have to take a little bit of risk. Heat wasn't the main ingredient of infusing her improvised weapon with Seithr but it was there. If she could just beat these things down before they turned her or anyone elses nerve system into a mess of grilled sizzlers--

The barrier burst.

Popped like a soap bubble. The runes by the window dissolved like smoke in a strong wind. But that wasn't even supposed to be possible! What the hell!? Idunna reeled, briefly light-headed as the flow of Seithr shifted so abruptly. Still cramping slightly from a combination of residual pain, convulsions from the onslaught of lightning, and simple exertion. But in comparison she felt great.

Wasting no time in arming herself better for the fight, Idunna drops and rolls under a desk -- breifly making use of all that effort training gymnastic thrice a week -- and kneels under it as if she's in cover. There she slaps a hand against her chest hard before drawing something that looks like a T on the preassurized tube. The thing was now glowing golden and runed! That should be better than just grabbing a chair right?

"Scarlett! Over here!" She called out, waving the vampire over. Suddenly there was plenty of seiğr to go around.

Carved Tyr in the "Arrow" capacity on the preassurized tube for 20 seiğr
Is your sexual purity worth more than bringing the dead back to life!?
----
I'M INSERTING MY DOUBLE MAXIMUM REPEATING WIND
INTO YOU DIRECTLY

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: April 13, 2019, 11:56:48 am »

As Dom lined up on the elemental that shocked Bernie, words fell from his mouth without his input. "Get off my land ya damn magicy sonuvabitch!" After the shot lands Dom looks a bit embarrassed.
Anti-magic rounds on the elemental that attacked Bernie.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #932 on: April 13, 2019, 05:47:55 pm »

Scarlet herself took another swipe at the creature between herself and Idunna before letting herself fall into a slide. Her downward motion was rather less graceful than she had hoped after being electrocuted earlier, not to mention the myriad other things wrong with the situation. She didn't waste breath on asking the vanir what she was doing yet; she was about to find out anyway, and she was trying to focus on both the elementals and not losing herself otherwise.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 04:46:39 pm by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: April 18, 2019, 09:50:31 am »

Smack the one that hit Bernie
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: April 29, 2019, 10:10:50 pm »

MORE ESSENCE BOLTS PLEASE.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: May 05, 2019, 12:20:33 pm »

Hunt one of the other two elementals! Doesn't really matter which!
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: June 14, 2019, 02:10:05 pm »

Alex straightens up and gets to his feet shakily, a wide smile plastered over his face. Little motes of green energy dance and bob around his body as he twirls his cane in hand before pointing it at the creature that had just so cruelly hurt Bernie.
 "Beast! I abjure you from this world! Feel the wrath of the World Tree and trouble use no more!"

USING THORNWAND
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: August 05, 2019, 08:33:32 pm »

==Combat Continues! Round Four!==
Now Playing: ??? Combat Theme, Twister

ΩGroup A: ClassroomΩ

Spoiler: Participants (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Initiative Order (click to show/hide)

Idunna prepares something. Her weapon is now forged, runed, and charged. No way to know quite what it'll do until it's used, but it looks cool, at least.

The pinned lightning creature absolutely fails to do anything. Probably because it is currently being mounted by a spectral hound.

Scarlet rushes to the Vanir's side, clawing at a lightning-creature in passing as she does so.

[??? B: -12 HP]

Meanwhile, Alex seems to have noticed something out the window and decide that it was important to deal with, levelling his cane and firing a blast of emerald energy out of the tip of his cane toward the courtyard, and Dog Eat Dog, apparently having decided that this lightning creature is not good eating, pounces on the one that Scarlet had staggered, letting the one it had been pinning attempt to climb to its feet. It clamps its jaws around the creature and shakes, shredding it into sparks.

[??? B: -19 HP. EXECUTED]

And the last lightning-creature pounces on Dog Eat Dog, arcs of ruby energy leaping from it into nearby objects.

[Dog Eat Dog -7 HP]

Scarlet: ??? 11/30 ??? 30/30

ΩGroup B: SchoolyardΩ
Spoiler: Participants (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Initiative Order (click to show/hide)

Dom, apparently still a bit thrown from all the lightning and kerfuffle, shoots wide, though at least he manages to hit one of the lightning creatures... one that was fighting an entirely different group of people, but still!

Lilly, meanwhile, is fully capable of defending her friend, driving her spear through the body of the creature attacking her, causing it to rear up and attempt to strike her... just in time for a lance of emerald light to blast it into a million pieces, leaving a lightning-monster shaped plant sculpture behind. Well. That was odd.

[??? E-11 HP, -33 HP, Dead. Twice.]

And Bernie discharges another bolt of magic, this time into the one fighting Dom, causing blue energy to rush through its lightning for a moment as it dives toward Dom, surging through his body and wracking him with pain.

[??? D -7 HP]

[Dom, -7 HP]

Dom - ??? 23/30
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: August 05, 2019, 09:27:47 pm »

Dom curses as he's shocked by the creature. This is getting stupid, he really needs to go find a shooting range or something. But since it was right there, he twirled slicing out with his knife in a wide arc and minimizing the elemental's area for dodging.
Counter attack the elemental

Mistwing

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing too much to keep up
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: August 06, 2019, 04:26:58 am »

"Alex, what!?" Was all Idunna managed. The dude is the reason they're in here and he doesn't even see fit to help? Nah, he fires his neat new toy out the window instead! Thanks, dude.

When Scarlet arrived, though, she went right to work. Swiping a finger over the cut she made earlier -- Oh yeah, she was making a rune with a blood catalyst on a vampire. Please don't freak out, Scarlet. --
the rune itself looked like a brilliantly glowing stylized N "Ur. I believe in you, girl." the first word was obviously the name of the rune, considering the word kind of echoed on it's own. The other was more something in between encouragement and pleading that this wouldn't backfire.

As the rune was carved, Scerlet would feel a sensation like currents of heat washing through her body and settling there. Not too different from that satisfying ache after an intense work out. Only she didn't feel tired. She felt powerful. Especially after Idunna turned her hand over the rune like she was turning the knob and poured a boatload of extra seiğr into it.

Carved Ur in the "Strength" capacity on Scarlet for 60 seiğr

Scarlets Strength is raised by 20 while the rune is written
Is your sexual purity worth more than bringing the dead back to life!?
----
I'M INSERTING MY DOUBLE MAXIMUM REPEATING WIND
INTO YOU DIRECTLY

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: August 06, 2019, 10:08:08 am »

Alex turns and twirls his cane before leveling it at the creature still in the room. "I deeply apologize, Idunna dear. I was not quite myself when I came out of the ritual. I still am not. Now creature, begone from my sight." The lane of emerald fires again, spear of power of the World Ash flying at the creature with startling speed.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #941 on: August 06, 2019, 10:54:05 am »

That was a strange feeling, to be sure. Nevermind how her eyes were drawn to the cut Idunna had made on herself - she was trying very, very hard not to think about it, a bit like a man trying not to look at a cut of steak after eating only ramen for a year - the sensation of power was novel. Things had been fairly muted compared to her mortal life, but this felt decidedly less so. She simply nodded at Idunna, said a small "Thanks," then pounced on the energy being that seemed to be doing the best at the moment.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: August 06, 2019, 02:41:16 pm »

Stab whichever one is looking healthier.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: August 16, 2019, 10:40:50 am »

Continue with the Essence Bolting of the baddies.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: August 16, 2019, 04:58:28 pm »

Albert didn't have the luxury of responding to the mid-battle conversation between his fellow students. He mentally urged his projection towards the weaker-looking of the two figures with the same sort of mental effort as if he was actually physically wrangling a giant demon dog towards the target.

Hunt the one with 11 HP!
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 68