Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we skip forward to the end of the Prologue?

No, I want to keep going week by week.
Yes, bring on the VIOLENCE!

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 68

Author Topic: Eventide University IC: The Fourth Awakening  (Read 31852 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Eventide University IC: Nocte Invidia
« Reply #900 on: March 27, 2019, 04:42:46 pm »

Lilly... well, she was becoming a tad unsure about things. Not about the helping, she wanted to help. The concern was once they handed her a spear and showed her how to stab things right. She... didn't like that she might need to use that. That being said, Lilly certainly appreciated the seniors showing them how this all was supposed to go (and didn't blame them for being cautious - she was used to it by now, and was mostly happy she didn't see anyone going for holy symbols.

Lilly tried to be polite in conversation with the weirdo, but that was derailed when the lightning elementals popped up. Well, now she knew why she had been armed. Lilly went for cover, but also readied the spear she'd be given.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 06:23:54 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #901 on: March 27, 2019, 08:55:44 pm »

Scarlet had made good on her promise of pizza in the interim; she was glad to have something to focus on other than the storm itself, but that distraction exhausted itself when she brought it over for something that had much, much more to do with the storm than anyone could convince her was a good idea. Through the process, she couldn't help but wonder: what was going to result of this? If Alex succeeded, was he just going to keep escalating? Hopefully he'd have his taste of danger and be done, but he didn't seem the type to go that route. For that matter, what if he failed? Barring the obvious outcome of a too-spectacular failure, what he would do was even less certain. He might take it fizzling as a challenge.

Her ponderings - happening mostly as she paced the room the ritual was taking place in - were interrupted rather abruptly by lightning striking through the windows. A brief moment of assessment told her that nobody had been instantly cooked, but that didn't exactly mean they were in the clear. "Alex, what the fuck are these?" She moved into a fighting stance she'd been taught in the school. "And what do I do to get rid of them?" She wasn't really keen on going barehanded against what looked like an electrical current in humanoid form, but she didn't exactly have a surplus of weapons to pick from either. Idunna was probably going to need help in a moment, given her positioning; Scarlet was already withdrawing towards her.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: March 29, 2019, 02:53:27 am »

Albert kept relatively quiet during the process of the ritual. He was not someone who was particularly suited to the gathering of materials and knick knacks - he usually made do with what he was given. He kept guard at Alex for most of the time instead, the boy's breakdown still fresh in his mind, the quiet yet dignified hum of the law student's concentration only serving as a distraction to that pit of upsetting feelings that plagued Albert's intestines. Things weren't always dour, though. Ocassionally he looked out the window or made idle chatter with the other watchers.

And then suddenly there was a flash of red, and all Albert could feel was sparks.

He quickly analyzed the room, moving into a tense stance even as he instinctually belted out a hiss-like "Scheiße...!" He nearly smushes his glasses into his face in a hurried movement to adjust them in response to the sudden brightness. "These aren't part of the ritual, Alex?"

Albert could feel a deep, yawning growl at the fringes of his subconscious, a primal instinct to destroy - to end it all. He quickly shuffles it to the back of his mind. Not yet.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: March 29, 2019, 01:14:16 pm »

Dom was actually rather wary of even touching his gun. He didn't want to make a bad impression on his first day out after all, and accidentally shooting someone for no reason was a great way to do that. That said, the senior making light of the situation actually kind of helped, especially since thinking about answering her... weird questions helped to take the nerves off the fact that he was standing outside in a hurricane reinforced by supernatural power. This probably wasn't that great of a thing though since he barely paid any mind to the lightning comment. Which is why when the lightning struck around the group Dom was knocked onto his ass for a few moments before he managed to bring himself into a more appropriate position for a fight. Seeing everyone else get their weapons out, he quickly did so as well, knife in one hand and gun in the other.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: April 01, 2019, 11:58:17 am »

Alex grimaces as the fucking roof of the building goddamn explodes off and a hoard of primeval electric bullshit pops right into the common room. Still, its not like theres a lot he can do. The mage is currently sitting cross legged in the middle of a circle, Ygga's pot tucked tightly between his leg. "Ah, friends and compatriots, could you please provide me with some small amount of protection whilst I finish the ritual? I would attempt to lend aid, but, well," he looks down at the pot, "if I let go of the ancient winds and whirls of energy I am currentlly pumping into my deciduous
 friend the resulting magical backlash will blow us, as they say, 'sky high'.
"
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: April 01, 2019, 12:08:00 pm »

"... So you're saying they ARE part of the ritual?"
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: April 01, 2019, 08:07:04 pm »

"Well, they are now!"

Yggdra does not seem happy at the prospect of exploding.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: April 02, 2019, 08:28:24 am »

==Combat Begins! Join Battle!==
Turn 1
Now Playing: ??? Combat Theme, Twister
The sky above continues to roil and storm with crimson energy, casting the battle below in a foreboding, bloody light.

ΩGroup A: ClassroomΩ

Spoiler: Participants (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Initiative Order (click to show/hide)

Before the group can react, two of the figures seem to explode, the energy that composes their body breaking away from their humanoid form and converging on Idunna with a deafening thunderclap, filling her veins with painful energy before separating again, leaving behind painful burns. [-14 HP] From there, The rest of the group would be free to act, though Idunna herself would require a moment to recover before being able to act herself.

ΩGroup B: SchoolyardΩ

Meanwhile, outside, Dom was already moving by the time the lightning-beings fully manifested, Able to act before either they or even his allies quite know what’s going on. Meanwhile, those around them are also caught up in the fight, joining battle with an ever-increasing number of crimson beings forming around them, falling from the blood red skies above.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 08:48:14 am by ragnarok97071 »
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: April 02, 2019, 08:55:17 am »

"P-Drive! I'll crush your mind!" Albert draws on the raw psychic weight of his mind, his overbearing psyche, casting Mind Spark on one of the figures.

carrot cakeu

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: April 02, 2019, 12:09:57 pm »

The hammer was cocked before his knee touched the ground. Pure instinct, perhaps driven by a specter of fear and hate from times long past, or perhaps just a result of pure coincidence as a result of thousands of small actions and decisions, driving his actions as he mutters the anti-magic incantations taught to him by his father. As soon as the drain of his magical power had been felt the hammer was falling on his gun, the shot aimed directly at the center of the fastest looking elemental.
Attack the first elemental in Initiative with anti-spell rounds.

Mistwing

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing too much to keep up
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: April 02, 2019, 01:38:23 pm »

While Dom rushes into action, the girl stood completely unabashed in the face of raining lightning and torrential rain with her hands on her hips and a wide joyful grin on her face. Hair flailing about her head.

"Damn, boy! You're quick on the draw! Like POW!"

She emphasizes this by miming drawing and firing a finger gun at the hip.

"Got gittem!"
Is your sexual purity worth more than bringing the dead back to life!?
----
I'M INSERTING MY DOUBLE MAXIMUM REPEATING WIND
INTO YOU DIRECTLY

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #911 on: April 02, 2019, 02:34:54 pm »

Well, this was already going swimmingly. "Alex, still waiting for that answer!" She had no idea if she could even hurt these things; they seemed to have some physical presence, but that didn't exactly mean she could expect to punch one. Still, she didn't have a lot of options; the little magic she had at her disposal was useless for a situation like this one, which left her with. . . punching them. She would have sighed if it wasn't such a tense situation.
Punch the thing on the top of the initiative order.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: April 02, 2019, 03:24:36 pm »

==Combat Begins! Join Battle!==
Now Playing: ??? Combat Theme, Twister

ΩGroup A: ClassroomΩ

Albert outstretches his hand, his body seeming to be surrounded by negatives of itself that drift off in different directions, along with that of his target, which suddenly destabilizes and begins to discharge wildly.

14 Damage. -10 PPE

Meanwhile, Scarlet takes advantage of the being’s distraction to lay into them violently, striking them with her bare fists!

6 Damage.

In retaliation, one of its compatriots launches itself into the fledgeling’s body, shocking her much as the others had shocked Idunna before drawing back away.

7 Damage.

ΩGroup B: SchoolyardΩ

Dom’s bullet strikes clean and true, the spell-disrupting nature of the round shredding apart the creature, the hole it creates significantly larger than one would expect the bullet itself to tear.

24 Damage! Effective: Anti-Arcane

The creature staggers backwards, the filaments of lightning barely holding itself together!

Then it retaliates, hurling itself into Dom. He, on the other hand, seems to be wary of this thing already, nimbly avoiding its leap.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: April 02, 2019, 03:27:20 pm »

Lilly isn't about to let her classmates fight alone. Seeing one had basically gotten it's arm ripped off by a shot, it seemed smart to finish the damn thing.

Smack the one Dom hit.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: April 02, 2019, 03:35:50 pm »

Stroke of Luck a random creature
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 68