Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we skip forward to the end of the Prologue?

No, I want to keep going week by week.
Yes, bring on the VIOLENCE!

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 68

Author Topic: Eventide University IC: The Fourth Awakening  (Read 31856 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: Eventide University IC: Week 7 - Now the game is as undead as the characters!
« Reply #885 on: November 23, 2018, 12:52:37 pm »

"That's good to hear." Now she had herself to worry about; not that she found vomited-up sap particularly appetizing, but it did smell of blood, on top of whatever else was going on with Alex at the time. She shook her head. She could just head back to her room if nothing else. Scarlet glanced at the wizard, considering. This is probably something that needed to be talked about, and sooner rather than later, but when was the best time? And would he even be cooperative? His physical condition was worrying too; sure, it was a good sign that he was determined enough to try and ignore it, but it likely wasn't healthy for him to do much more than sit down and drink water at the moment. Not that she was going to say it aloud yet, given, well, what had just happened.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 01:13:11 am by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
Re: Eventide University IC: Week 7 - Now the game is as undead as the characters!
« Reply #886 on: February 10, 2019, 03:24:19 pm »

Alex pulls a handkerchief from out of the breast pocket of his long coat and dabs at quickly drying blood that oozes from the corner of his mouth. He takes a few moments to gather his breath again, ignoring how his lungs burned like fire, and then spoke.
"I was, perhaps, foolish to try and call the storm directly. It is possible that I could've put more than just ourselves in danger if there had been a mishap in the ritual. I am...truly sorry for my rather beastly behavior before." He gives Idunna and the group a pained look.
"However there is still an opportunity here. The storm is whipping around all sorts of powerful magic and spirits, blending them up into a awakened center of rage and anger. Instead of calling it directly I could take the ambient power in the air and pump it into Ygga, vastly increasing her own abilities and potential." He raises up a hand. "From a safely warded room of course, despite what it may seem I do hold our safety in something approaching a high regard."
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #887 on: February 10, 2019, 03:55:26 pm »

Scarlet suppressed a sigh. Good that he'd given up on slaving the hurricane, but the strain he was putting himself through was still hazardous. She briefly considered telling him to rest a little, first, but doubted she'd get much of anywhere, and wouldn't want to dredge up. . . whatever the hell that was again. "Right. Just let me know what you'll need." As she spoke, she moved over to the kitchen, filled a glass of water, then came back and proffered it to Alex.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: February 10, 2019, 04:04:52 pm »

Lilly did not suppress a sigh. She openly sighed with relief. "Oh thank goodness... I didn't mean to be rude about it, I was just... really worried about your safety. Sorry."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: February 10, 2019, 11:03:45 pm »

Dom just kind of stared at the whole spectacle, hand near his knife. Was... was extreme violent outbursts just a supernatural thing in general? Well, whatever the case Dom relaxed just a little bit now that the ongoings seemed to be leading to something less deadly.

Mistwing

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing too much to keep up
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: February 11, 2019, 09:38:27 am »

Idunna clapped her hands togather. Ignoring the telling wet streeks down her cheeks. She wasn't crying -now- so let's not linger. "Alright." her much younger sounding voice (compared to the others anyway) cracking slightly only made the whole... looking 15-ish thing more obvious. "Still friends." she declared. "What room, Alex? I'm going to need some--" she cleared her throat there and wiped her face with a sleeve. "Some stuff." turns out she's willing to help when it doesn't involve risking the lives of friends for one mans glory.
Is your sexual purity worth more than bringing the dead back to life!?
----
I'M INSERTING MY DOUBLE MAXIMUM REPEATING WIND
INTO YOU DIRECTLY

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: February 11, 2019, 07:16:42 pm »

Alex takes a fat gulppe of the water, finally coming back into looking a bit more normal.
"Alright, well, first I am going to need a room that is large enough to contain a summoning circle big enough to hold myself, Ygga's garden, several layers of runic script and more than likely the skull of a pig; as well as not being so large that the spirit can find a way to disperse around the room and muddle with the ambient mystic energies. After that I will need several boxes of chalk, a large meat pizza, about half a large cup of mead, said skull of a pig, two thunderheads, a ritual knife and seven sprigs of yew tied into one package. The ritual shooooould take around six hours at least, so any who wish to stand guard over me and myself will more than likely need food and water."

He pauses to give Idunna and Lilly a kind, if somewhat sad smile.
"Thank you for worrying about me, and in return let me say to not worry. We are friends, and I would not end that over something as petty and insane as this. The pursuit of power does not come before those I care about, and if it ever does then I am no long worthy of your care."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #892 on: February 11, 2019, 11:34:11 pm »

Scarlet chuckled slightly. Alex seemed to be back to normal, for the moment, or at least was doing a hell of a job pretending to be. "The room is probably doable. Chalk should be easy enough, and I could whip up that pizza fairly quickly. . . Not to assume anything, but I'd ask Idunna about the mead. I have no idea where the hell you plan on getting a pig's skull or fresh yew sprigs in this weather, though."
GM of Trespassers V2.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: February 12, 2019, 12:19:45 pm »

"...You know, Amazon probably sells that kind of stuff. I never really looked but they sell everything, don't they?" Lilly comments.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: February 14, 2019, 01:26:10 pm »

"...You know, Amazon probably sells that kind of stuff. I never really looked but they sell everything, don't they?" Lilly comments.

Alex pulls a very, very shiny credit card out of his pocket with a dramatic flourish. "Well, it is a good thing that my family has rather deep pockets indeed. I do not think acquring the materials should be too much of a problem for us then."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #895 on: February 14, 2019, 01:44:48 pm »

Scarlet just shrugged. This was happening, and the most hazardous stuff was over with. Without further ado, she started pulling ingredients out of cabinets for the pizza.
GM of Trespassers V2.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
Re: Eventide University IC: Nocte Invidia
« Reply #896 on: March 27, 2019, 11:26:21 am »

~ Nocte Invidia -600 ~

==All==

An uneasy air hangs over the city as the storm finally makes landfall, throwing sheets of mist and rain over the city along with a heavy atmosphere and constant oppressive noise. In the school, an occultist and his accomplices are shifting furniture, painting wards and generally doing everything short of sacrificing goats to turn a empty classroom into a focus-site and prepare to channel the power of the storm into the form of a minor nature spirit. Tensions are both because this is very off curriculum and their own personal shitstorm earlier that same day. Meanwhile, protection and recovery efforts begin in the city itself as citizens gather to fill in the gaps that trained professionals may well be too busy to handle. An odd mixture of local activists, social organizers, courageous civilians and, of course, university students....

==Lily, Dom, Bernie==

The trio walk a lonely road, empty of people due to prompt warning of the hurricane coming in. Well. Not entirely empty, there are several more like them, students at the school who’d volunteered to help minimize the danger of the storm to those who chose to stay and the property that’d been left behind. The sky above them begins to darken, the hurricane rolling in with a near-constant rumble of thunder. They look to the sky, and see several diminutive figures flying toward the storm, despite all logic, though they’re too far away for them to make out any real details through the curtains of wind and rain. Luckily the whether isn't bad enough to affect visibility close to yet. Their comrades are easy to spot, in part thanks to the screaming yellow raincoats handed out to all the volunteers. In part as protection from the unavoidable cold bearing down on their futures like a freight train but more to the point as a measure to ensure that losing track of your group is nearly impossible. There'll be no relieving the relief efforts.

Specifically, the three first-years had been assigned to stay near the school and keep an eye out for any minor spirits of wind and lightning that break away from the ‘primary containment efforts’ taking place high above, and should they make landfall nearby, to assist in subduing or destroying them. They were also given a radio that, over time, reported several such events throughout the city, though it seems like the school’s defenses themselves were dealing with most of anything that headed their way. A senior student was assigned to them, too, an asian-looking man with an honest-to-god no-dachi which practically hummed with energy. Dom had even been given back his weapons, and the others in his group had been leant weapons of their choice as well, imagine that.

==Alex, Scarlett, Idunna, Albert==

The ritual begins without issue. Alex in his ritual circle begins the rite of empowerment, deepening his bond with Yggdra, and those nearby prepare themselves in their own ways case something goes wrong. There’s an air of volatility over the whole thing, as energy is called down from the storm as it rolls in, a faint smell of ozone filling the room as the sky outside darkens and roars with thunder. The tension in the room is almost electric.

==All==

It all goes well, at first. The ritual continues to drag along, calling in power from the storm above, the rescue efforts manage to keep at least as much of the city as they can safe. Then, the sky changes. They’re within the eye now, the three first-years having been kept relatively close to the school for their own good helping with relief there, and for a moment, everything is calm…

And then the sky turns crimson and the wheel of fate turns once more.

There’s the sound like the roar of some terrible beast, and all with an unobstructed view of the sky raise their heads toward it, seeing… well, seeing several small figures fighting what appears to be some sort of eastern dragon, and above that, the tear… no, the gate, their minds correct themselves for some reason, begins to move, to twist and contort itself in the sky, lightning leaping from the clouds below and into its hungry maw.

This was not supposed to happen.

Crimson lightning strikes the ground all around them with a sound like screaming, even smashing through a window in the room where the ritual is taking place, seeking out that which was feeding upon the storm, and after a moment they are surrounded, by several gangly figures seemingly made of electricity, like stick-figures with claws built of crimson lightning, accompanied by a constantly low rumble.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 11:31:20 am by ragnarok97071 »
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Mistwing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: March 27, 2019, 11:52:52 am »

Idunna had made good on her word and disappeared to gather these mysterious materials. When she came back, though? Well. She didn't bring any sprigs of yew or eyes of newt, exactly. When she came around she was carrying a heavy preassurized tube of liquid nitrogen. She struggled a little to carry this through the room and set it down in the corner, one hand on the valve, and eyed the room as if she was planning on painting the walls.

"Do you need the walls or the, uhm, air? Alex?" She questioned, a little hesitant. Everything about her from her slightly wide eyes to the way she kept biting her bottom lip or running a hand through her golden mane of hair made it clear she didn't want to be here, but she moved with determination. Dead set on getting this done if it was going to happen anyway.

Leaving the ritual to the ritual guy and the potential fighting to the... people with magic powers suitable to actually fighting... she turned her attention to doing what she could do. When the sky changed, the que that things were about to get wierd, she stepped over to the window while pulling the preassurized tube along, and then turned the valve. A brief spray of white escaped the nozzle of the tube and was promptly scooped up as the vanir girl carved a rune in mid air in front of the window. Though when the rune flashed a solid white she didn't stop, rather, she bit harder into her lip and produced a trickle of blood which she swept with the thumb of her other hand hand kind of... switched drawing finger seamlessly. She drew another rune directly connected to the first one like cursve. Though just as she finished all the windows burst including the one she was in front of. The shock of thunder sent Idunna hurtling to the floor in a shower of sparks and glass shards. "Helvíti!" She rolled onto her back and stared wide eyed at the... lightning stick-men... hesitating for a moment before she scrambled to her feet and slammed her hand onto the mid-air runeword like she was hitting the big red button.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 01:35:27 pm by Mistwing »
----
INTO YOU DIRECTLY

Mistwing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: March 27, 2019, 12:13:51 pm »

The relief effort group was a motley crew. As you could expect from a volunteer crew compromised nearly entirely of Eventide students. Most of them seniors, as it turns out, more than happy to give the newcomers a few pointers or showing them the ropes. Though they treated the vampire girl with a little more care. Not outright disdain but the common attitude was a sort of guarded but not unfriendly distance.

Go figure they knew how to handle storms, having lived in Nola for a while.

The only one that wasn't quite part of the group was a short girl with straight black hair and glasses that didn't look much older than the first years. It wasn't that she was unfriendly, either, but whenever she talked to anyone they seemed to find a way to extract themselves from her company as soon as possible. Making excuses or awkwardly trying to end any conversation quickly.

Which meant the three first years were stuck with this girl making hard to understand conversation and practically skipping around them, in spite of the serious situation.

"You figure all these leaves blowing about actually go anywhere?"
"Ever been in a storm before? You seem pretty cool about it."
"Ain't a storm kind of like a giant, natural, game of musical chairs? Except elimination means you die, I guess."

"Oh, woah! Dude! Did you see that lightning? That's WICKED!"

That last one came just as the lightning above shot up out of the clouds and into the giant rift in the sky. Though there was barely any time to see what she was talking about before it came down all around them, red and deadly, and discharged into these effigies of mortal life. Like a child had drawn stick men, only with lightning. Everyone but the girl scrambled, some seeking some kind of cover for the obviously incoming elemental attacks, others reaching for their weapons.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 12:42:20 am by Mistwing »
----
INTO YOU DIRECTLY

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: March 27, 2019, 02:36:48 pm »

"W-what?"
Bernie was still rung out about what had happened with Alex in the dorm. It was, given everything, possibly the craziest thing that had happened in her time at Eventide so far. This girl was weird, but Bernie wasn't paying it too much mind. Yet.

And then this. This was.....not at all what Bernie wanted. Or expected.
Oh. Oh no. No!
Bernie dives for cover. She wasn't armed, she wasn't equipped to fight whatever this was. This wasn't what she was good at.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 68