Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we skip forward to the end of the Prologue?

No, I want to keep going week by week.
Yes, bring on the VIOLENCE!

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 68

Author Topic: Eventide University IC: The Fourth Awakening  (Read 31872 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Dom to Group (click to show/hide)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
Re: Eventide University IC: Week 7 - Now the game is as undead as the characters!
« Reply #828 on: September 13, 2018, 02:05:19 pm »

EVENT: The Oncoming Storm

As the group gathers for classes in their dorms in the morning, the air crackles with static for a moment before an announcement is suddenly issued throughout presumably the entire school, issuing seemingly from thin air.

As of this time, a severe storm warning is in effect for the area of greater New Orleans. Unidentified storm spirits sighted within the eye, unknown if they are animal or entity-type. please remain indoors and stay tuned for further announcements. Any students who have undergone disaster relief training, please contact your floor manager if you would like to volunteer to assist with this emergency. Repeat: a severe storm warning is in effect for the area of greater new Orleans. Unidentified storm spirits sighted within the eye, unknown if they are animal or entity-type. please remain indoors and stay tuned for further announcements. Any students who have undergone disaster relief training, please contact your floor manager if you would like to volunteer to assist with this emergency.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 02:12:26 pm by ragnarok97071 »
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: Eventide University IC: Week 7 - Now the game is as undead as the characters!
« Reply #829 on: September 13, 2018, 02:24:07 pm »

A severe storm. Not really unexpected, given their location. You'd think that they would have put a place as important as this in a location not regularly ravaged by hurricanes, but what did she know? Scarlet glanced around, somewhat uncomfortable with the press of students around her. She had "eaten" already, but the halls of the dorms usually had more opportunity to empty out, and there was the distinct note of fear adding to thing. . . She was looking for one person in particular, though. Alex worked with spirits and such, right? Probably didn't have much to say about these specifically, but might have an interesting opinion on the matter anyway.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: September 13, 2018, 02:45:27 pm »

Alex, having recovered from the several days of vomiting and bone tree growing the potion had induced, kicked open the door to the room that he and Dom shared. The young magician is wild eyed and utterly soaked, water dripping onto the floor as he grabs at various random magical instruments and regents.

"DOM! I need a boat! Get me a boat now, the storm won't stay this strong forever!"
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: September 13, 2018, 03:00:25 pm »

Dom bolts upright from his position on the floor unpacking his emergency kit. He turns to look at Alex for a few seconds before finally sighing.
"One, that's a terrible idea. Two, where would I get a boat? I'm from Texas."

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: September 13, 2018, 03:07:22 pm »

Alex finishes pulling out what looks like...several Liability Forms from his dresser before standing up. He walks over to Dom, waving his hand about as if to dismiss his words. "Dom, Dom, Dom, Domnique. I ask you because you a rough, tough and handsome young outdoors man who surely surely must have more experience with fording rivers and rapids than an effete intellectual such as I. Why, I'm sure you could rustle up a servicable raft made of timber and twine within a few minutes, though I would much prefer a more sturdy and seaworthy vessel."

Alex presses his face real close to Dom's, giving him a manic smile that doesn't quite meet his eyes.
"So please, help me on this boating adventure and I'll be sure to pay you back any way you like..." Alex puts far, far too much emphasis on those last few words.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: September 13, 2018, 03:15:11 pm »

Dom sighs and scratches his head. Finally he gently pushes Alex away.
"I ain't that kind of cowboy. But fine, I guess we can sort something out. Let me get my hat and tell someone about this little adventure."

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: September 13, 2018, 03:25:13 pm »

Alex pulls back after giving Dom a manly pat on the shoulder and lingering a bit to long with his lips near Dom's cheek. The manic smile changes to something a bit less...intense as he continues getting ready. "God bless your soul Dom, you are a true friend. This bond of camaraderie will never gutter out and die so long as I draw breath, as a Rand always repays a debt! Now please sign and date this." He hands Dom one of the liability forms.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: September 13, 2018, 04:00:13 pm »

And before Dom could even make a move to sign it, the two young men's dorm rooms are given a steady stream of politely firm knocks. "Alex, Alex, Alex," Albert's voice calls out the student's name in time with each knock, "You really should look into some anti-telepathic accessories... if you don't want me to know you're going to do something this dangerous!" The knocks stop, and one can imagine that bespectacled youth leaning back, crossing his arms and smirking in a way that neither suggests approval nor disapproval. "I'm excelling in my classes, you know. I'll only get better at, well, surveying danger."
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: September 13, 2018, 04:11:22 pm »

Dom takes the paper and goes to open the door for Albert. This was going to be a long day for him.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: September 13, 2018, 04:14:05 pm »

Alex simply grins at the two and pulls out another form for Albert.
"Of course Albert my dear, sweet friend. I'm sure your skills at fareseeing and divination are second to none. To a prodigy like you my mind is an open bank vault, full of treasure to plunder and obstacles to dodge. I would trust you with my very life."
To put emphasis this he falls into Albert's arms as the door is open, letting his walking stick drop away from him as he falls.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: September 13, 2018, 04:22:51 pm »

Well, it was going to be a long day for anyone. Strong as a storm as this, and getting good Wi-fi is probably a fool's errand.

To his credit, the psychic only faintly blushes as Alex falls into his arms. "Well now, I thought one was supposed to save the drinking for later." He pats his friend's back with one arm, wiggling his fingers with the other. The walking stick floats into his palm as he steps back and offers it to him, taking the form in turn.

"Someone's got to keep you out of trouble, you know. And while I don't distrust Dom's reliability," he offers a nod and a smirk, before adopting a suddenly serious expression. "I'm just... not the kind of person who'd leave you alone in this weather."

A wry smile returns to him. "I mean, those poor storm spirits. You'll tear them apart."
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 04:32:47 pm by Sl4cker »
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: September 13, 2018, 04:31:18 pm »

Alex pushes himself up with his walking stick and dusts himself off, giving Albert a wide smile. "Well, I wouldn't mind the assistance. Not that I need it, a Rand never backs down from danger. Besides, all I have to lose is flesh and blood, which as someone whose lost quite a bit before, isn't as bad as it seems." His smile falters a little at that and he coughs before rolling his shoulders. "I suppose we should do a check on the others's rooms, to see if they too wish to brave the briny and rough blue in order to attain ultimate power."
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 68