Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we skip forward to the end of the Prologue?

No, I want to keep going week by week.
Yes, bring on the VIOLENCE!

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 68

Author Topic: Eventide University IC: The Fourth Awakening  (Read 31877 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Eventide University IC: Week 4 - Happy Funtimes for the Undead
« Reply #780 on: April 03, 2018, 02:23:39 pm »

"What's up, someone giving you shit? I can go beat them up if you want."
Dom says with a chuckle, trying to lighten the mood with some humor.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #781 on: April 03, 2018, 03:08:54 pm »

"Not necessary. Pretty sure I could fold most of the people here in half if I tried, anyway." She resisted the ever-present urge to sigh. "Just had a bad dream."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: April 03, 2018, 03:16:36 pm »

Dom frowns. He wasn't actually sure that Vampires slept so this was a twofer of revelations, half a which were bad.
"That sucks, don't know what to tell you. Have you tried a dream catcher?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: April 03, 2018, 03:19:28 pm »

"Oh, that sounds.....bad. You okay? You wanna talk about it, or is it something private?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #784 on: April 03, 2018, 03:23:32 pm »

"No." Flatly. "Pretty sure it wouldn't work, anyway. At this point I'm willing to try just not sleeping." She shook her head. Thinking of it, she wasn't sure she actually needed the sleep. It was supposed to be tied to some unknown biological functions, and as far as she knew she wasn't carrying most of those out. Hell, she didn't actually know if she needed to breathe.

She glanced at Bernie; indecision played across her face for a moment, visible until she remembered that she was trying to not look at people in the eyes too intently. "Depends on how you define private."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: April 03, 2018, 03:29:42 pm »

"Oh. Okay. I won't pry."
Bernie continues to look concerned for Scarlet, but she leaves it be for now, instead hastily changing the subject, hoping to at least help a little by taking her mind off of it.
"So......do you know anything about what Alex is doing? The whole "seeing the truth" thing?"

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: April 03, 2018, 03:52:48 pm »

Dom nods at Bernie's question.
"Oh yeah, the true sight thing. It's like some kind of Magic X-ray I think?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #787 on: April 03, 2018, 05:24:55 pm »

"I still think that's an awful idea, but the guy has an actual death wish." He wasn't exactly subtle about his interests, and given that he was willing to expose himself to whatever the hell his truesight revealed on people like vampires and vanir, she was starting to believe the lawyer-in-training got off on mortal peril in general. She winced; that wasn't quite the mental image she needed at the moment. . .
GM of Trespassers V2.

Mistwing

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing too much to keep up
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: April 05, 2018, 05:19:38 am »

"Truesight is like... Changing your eyes from a spectrum of light to a spectrum of truth." Flowerchild 'Dunna being real helpful over from her perch on the kitchen counter next to the buzzing water purifier. "It kind of translates the essence and nature of something into abstract images and impressions. The sheer amount of information and the nature of what you see can make you go... Peanut butter." She looked over at the couch, vaguely in Scarlets direction. "I could try and make something like a dreamcatcher but with less native american charm and more Seidr if you want."
Is your sexual purity worth more than bringing the dead back to life!?
----
I'M INSERTING MY DOUBLE MAXIMUM REPEATING WIND
INTO YOU DIRECTLY

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #789 on: April 05, 2018, 11:54:11 am »

Interesting, she'd expect that Idunna would have largely avoided engaging in conversation with herself, given prior reactions. Then again, she would have assumed the same about Bernie. Not that she blamed either one, or that she was upset about being incorrect. "Like I said, not sure it'd actually help, but if you want to give it a try I'm not stopping you."
GM of Trespassers V2.

Mistwing

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing too much to keep up
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: April 06, 2018, 07:04:57 am »

"Mom used to make me dream pearls. They're these beads that capture your dreams, like a recording, instead of you. And you can watch them later if you want. If you're having nightmares it should work. Not so much of it turns out you're having visions and not dreams." Idunna pulled one leg up against her chest and rested her head against her knee.
Is your sexual purity worth more than bringing the dead back to life!?
----
I'M INSERTING MY DOUBLE MAXIMUM REPEATING WIND
INTO YOU DIRECTLY

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: April 06, 2018, 03:58:27 pm »

Alex's eyes light up and he lets out a fucking loud scream of pain. His entire body jerks back, head whipping into the headboard of his bed with an audible crack. He crumples over in an a ball and starts to claw at his eyes, agressively rubbing his eyelids with the palm of his hand.
"OHGODOHGODOHGOD IT BURRRRRRNS! WHY THE FUCK DOES IT BURN SO MUCH AAAAAAAA!"

He trashes on the bed for a couple half minute, knocking all the assorted sheets and snacks onto the floor. Finally the trashing stops and he lays, chest softly rising and falling. Enough time passes that Lilly probably worries that hes passed the fuck out, but eventually he pulls himself up. He grins weakly at Lilly; blood leaking from his nose, the corner of his mouth and his tear ducts.
"Well that was ah, quite exhilrating. Bracing really. Like a good bowl of curry. Cleared my sinuses right out, I'll tell you that. Honestly, if I had a cold I'd want to do this as soon as humanly possible. Now, if you could pass me the tissues and bowl of cold water I kept in the fridge. I need to clear some of the fluid leaking from my face. Damn annoying that."
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: April 06, 2018, 04:23:06 pm »

Lilly sighed in relief as Alex recovered, as she had been just a step away from running to get the nurse or something. "Oh thank goodness..." she said, before he made his request. "Right, right!" she jumped to her feet and rushed to get the things before quickly bringing them back. It seemed she... only just now noticed that he was bleeding, after which she quickly looked to the ceiling instead. "Uh, here. Got some... on a good portion of your face, really."
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 04:33:51 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #793 on: April 06, 2018, 08:12:09 pm »

Scarlet visibly flinched at the word "visions." They'd better not be visions, they didn't feel like visions but sleep had a way of messing with your perceptions. . . and it's not like she was some kind of seer. She wasn't sure she'd know the difference. "Let's fuckin' hope they work, then. . ."
GM of Trespassers V2.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: April 06, 2018, 09:21:58 pm »

Scarlet and the others in the common room would note that Dom has bolted from the room. Lily and Alex would at this point be greated by Dom busting into the room, knife out and ready to fight whatever the threat seemed to be. After looking around for a bit he sighs and puts away the knife. He feels like he's going to have an awkward conversation with Security.
"... So what happened?"
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 68