Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we skip forward to the end of the Prologue?

No, I want to keep going week by week.
Yes, bring on the VIOLENCE!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 68

Author Topic: Eventide University IC: The Fourth Awakening  (Read 31849 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Eventide University IC
« Reply #75 on: February 06, 2018, 05:02:22 pm »

Dom shrugs at Scarlet's disbelief.
"My father was really traditional, what can I say? So what artists do you listen to? I find myself listening to a lot of Sabaton right now. Something about the great heroes of old just gets my blood pumping."
As he speaks Dom's foot starts tapping to what is most likely the tune of one of those songs. He doesn't seem to be aware of doing it though.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #76 on: February 06, 2018, 07:05:16 pm »

"Not a bad choice. Good for studying history too, as a bonus. Ever hear of Volbeat? If you like Cash and metal, could be up your alley." That was one bonus of getting to skip a couple decades, she guessed; she hadn't really listened to anything but what was on the radio, so it was going to be nice to catch up on her favorite bands. To her slight irritation with herself, a song popped into her head at the thought. Normally not an issue, but the particular song was titled "Dead but Rising."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 06, 2018, 08:59:39 pm »

Dom shakes his head.
"Nope, never heard of them. Maybe you could show me some examples of their music later?"
Dom smiles charmingly, apparently not very worried about the fact that Scarlet is a Vampire. Not that that was really out of place with how casual he's been this entire time.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 06, 2018, 09:17:11 pm »

At this point, the conversation in the room fades away to silence as a figure steps out onto the stage before the crowd of students. A man, tall and thin, with immaculately kept black hair that falls down to his shoulders, grey eyes, and a suit the color of charcoal, accented with a bright-red tie and a set of silver rings on his right hand, each of which is attached to a fine, silver chain which extends up under his sleeve. He approaches the podium, placing his hands upon it, and begins to speak.

"Future students of Eventide."

He pauses for a moment as the crowd focuses upon him, then continues speaking, a strange sort of gravity behind his words.

"My name is Alexander Crowley. Some of you may know me. Others do not. Ultimately, that does not matter, just as the reasons that brought you here do not matter. No, none of that has any bearing on the hear and now, or on the future. Some of you are here for personal growth, some to seek out a future which you feel is predestined to you, others to escape one that seems equally inevitable. Yet more come out of a feeling of obligation, or because they simply have no other choice. In the end, all those reasons are merely footnotes. What matters is, you are here. What happens now is entirely up to your choices, your caliber, and your will to follow through until the end."

"I would like to welcome you all to our school, and to explain to you all what is expected of you as students. Many of you know that we are the leading university in both thaumic studies, supernatural biology, and all manner of studies that have been revolutionized or created by the series of Awakenings that have characterized the last half-century. Many of you also likely know that the reason for this is partly our special relationship with the Awakened Being Task Force, who provide us both the security necessary to keep a school like this functioning, as well as funding and resources necessary to further advance our understanding of the new world we find ourselves in today. In return for this, we provide access to that technology, as well as to our more promising students, who are at times tapped on a temporary basis to assist with low-level operations along with full-time Task Force operatives. I am sure many of you are already aware of this, but this process is not optional."

"On a quarterly basis, every student in the school is required to take part in selection exams for various levels of work within the Task Force. Depending on your aptitude, this can mean a wide range of things, ranging from simple administrative tasks to assisting with deterrence and recovery operations. Rarely are our first-year students chosen for combat operations,
 generally limited to those whose nature requires a certain amount of violence or whose gifts are naturally inclined toward such pursuits, and we do our utmost to ensure that our students are as safe as we can make them, as are our friends at the ABTF."

"But, that is not something you will have to worry about for another three months or so. For now, you are free to explore the grounds, find your way through the facilities, or simply retire to your dorms. You are expected to finalize your schedule by the end of the week, and classes begin the week after next. Should you have any questions, any member of staff would be happy to answer them. And finally, to all of you sitting before me today, I hope to see you all excel within the years you spend here."

The man, Crowley, inclines his head and steps back away from the podium, disappearing once more, and the crowd begins to move, students scattering in every which direction, each with their own goals and destinations in mind. The guards would remain near the two vampire girls, keeping a close eye on them, but they seemed not to have any orders to prevent them from doing as they will, so long as it is not dangerous.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 06, 2018, 09:30:18 pm »

As soon as Alex hears Crowley's name the smug levels in the room start to raise quickly. There is so much smug coming off that wizard boy that if you could collect smug energy and use it as power you could keep the whole US running for several years. Mystics acknowledge mystics and Alex joins in on any applause that follows the man's speech. Once that is all over he collects himself and sets out in finding his room. A man's home was his castle, and unless he could get a dedicated space, probably Alex's main lab and research area.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 06, 2018, 09:44:40 pm »

Lilly stood up as the speech ended and they were allowed to move. She picked up her parasol and turned to the others. "I need to go look for someone, if you guys don't mind me leaving a second." she glanced at the guards to make sure they weren't about to stop her from splitting from Scarlet, and assuming that they just split the guards or something she'd go off to find her brother. He should have come in with the main crowd...
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Zacha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 06, 2018, 10:52:12 pm »

"Ah'd say so, yeah. Li'l west-a-here, but ah ain't from as far as some o' these folk." Bojangles didn't really have much to add the music discussion, mostly nodding along, although when playing musical instruments was mentioned he perked up a little. "Ah ken play th' harmonica a li'l bit," he piped up. He'd had to take a few moments to search his pockets, eventually locating it in one of his back pockets and retrieving the shiny instrument with a triumphant little "Aha!" sound. He blew a bit of air through it to clear out any dust, and had just started to play when all the conversation all around him abruptly died. The (surprisingly good!) notes of the harmonica, in the brief silence before the man spoke, were the only noise, and when B-Bob opened his eyes again and saw people staring and the man up on stage, he whipped the instrument behind his back and looked around as if he wasn't sure where the noise was coming from before dropping unceremoniously into a seat.

The news of having to work with an actual task force had the blood draining out of his face. It wasn't like they were going to ask him to wrestle an alligator or play harmonica for them. They were going to want him for his magic prowess, which... well, let's just say he was here in school for a reason. Sure, he had a few tricks, but they weren't going to be things anybody would want to use. He was going to need to learn fast. After the speech, he just sort of sat there, a little lost. What the heck was he supposed to actually, you know, do from here?

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #82 on: February 06, 2018, 10:53:49 pm »

Scarlet waved down Lilly. "Not that I think we're going to have a hard time finding each other, but could I grab your number before you go?" She gestured at Dom and Alex. "You two, too. Don't get too excited. Actually, probably wouldn't hurt to just exchange info all around. You guys seem to trust that I don't actually want to eat you and I'm not going to trust my luck in that area to hold out." She pulled out her phone, a somewhat older model from the looks of it. Scarlet scowled at the thing for a moment as she jabbed at it; she swore the contacts menu moved around every time she put the damn thing in her pocket. . .
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 06, 2018, 11:00:14 pm »

Dom pulls out his (rather modern) phone to exchange numbers with Scarlet. He shrugs at her final comment.
"Eh, even if I didn't trust you I doubt you could do much even if we were alone."
The way he says that makes it almost sound like casual conversation, although Scarlet may interpert it as a threat.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 06, 2018, 11:18:04 pm »

Alex nods and hands Scarlet his phone, a sleek, new model. Fucking society ass rich kid.
"Strictly business, I respect that. The offer for legal counsel is still open to you, and to anyone in this group that needs it. I need to practice my craft and if you're in trouble you could do a lot worse than me."

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 06, 2018, 11:27:20 pm »

Lilly's brother would be nearby, approaching her only after she'd broken away from the group that had, rather surprisingly, grown up around them. He'd wave her down, and, upon her reaching him, reach out a hand to pat the top of her head.

"Heya, Lils. Was worried about you until I noticed you coming in the back. I would have said hi earlier, but you seemed to have your hands full already."

He smiles warmly, chuckling.

"Everything alright? Wasn't expecting them to bring in another vampire with you... must be a pretty special year."
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 06, 2018, 11:42:17 pm »

”Yeah, I was worried they weren’t going to let us in the ceremony for a bit! They were just getting us, uh... topped off, before getting into a room full of people.” At least they had also given her some time to clean up afterwards... blood on your teeth, not great for first impressions. She placed her hand on the one patting her head, and smiled - he was still warm, at least, even if she was always cold now.

”Surprisingly enough, yeah, things are fine. That was Scarlet... huh, I wonder if her parents were psychics. Anyway, yeah. I didn’t expect people to be so... ok, with me, you know? I’m glad they are though, I was worried I’d only be able to talk to you.”
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #87 on: February 06, 2018, 11:57:50 pm »

"Probably not, no, but I haven't actually tested how strong I am compared to most people yet. Plus you've got the antimagic stuff, right?" Scarlet took the phone almost gingerly, trying to avoid accidentally hitting any buttons as she did so, before handing over her own phone, already with the contacts menu open. It seemed the only numbers in it were Dom's, Lilly's (assuming she'd stopped to perform the exchange) and a few from what seemed to be government agencies or the school itself. She clicked her own number into Alex's phone, briefly considering putting her name as "Sexy Vampire Girl #1." And then actually did so, trying and failing to suppress a (possibly somewhat intimidating) grin. "Good to hear."
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 11:59:43 pm by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 07, 2018, 12:07:48 am »

Presence. Professional. Maybe a little boredom. But comfort. Security, at least. Good. Albert cares. He stands up. "I do hope we can all become - well, friends, I suppose." He flashes a grin. Scarlet, Lilly, Alex, Bernie, Dom... the other one. He turns to leave, pad of paper still being scratched away in his hand. He slouches, almost deliberately, towards where the Dormitory is. He thinks.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 07, 2018, 12:08:25 am »

Alex groans under his breath as he sees the name shes put in his phone. "Well, I guess I can never use this phone for work ever." He shrugs the feeling off and gives Scarlet a thankful smile. "Thanks, I look forwards to working with you in the future. Say, do you think we all have the same dorms? We all sort of joined up in one group together at the start,
 and Fate is a real and powerful force in this world.
"
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 68