Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we skip forward to the end of the Prologue?

No, I want to keep going week by week.
Yes, bring on the VIOLENCE!

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 68

Author Topic: Eventide University IC: The Fourth Awakening  (Read 31891 times)

Mistwing

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing too much to keep up
    • View Profile
Re: Eventide University IC: Week 4 - Happy Funtimes for the Undead
« Reply #735 on: March 03, 2018, 04:07:44 pm »

She'd wait a while. But eventually the Vanir came back out into the bedroom. She dropped her clothes in her designated laundry bag (She wasn't wearing anything but a clean pair of simple black panties and the towel around her shoulders to absorb any stray water from her hair) and sat down on the bed, folding her legs sideways under her, and locked her eyes onto a point in the air like she usually did when meditating or doing yoga. Her face was strangely tranquil, lit up by the dull golden glow of a rune looking strangely like a Y with a line splitting it vertically down the middle 'carved' into her forehead. "Hey."
Is your sexual purity worth more than bringing the dead back to life!?
----
I'M INSERTING MY DOUBLE MAXIMUM REPEATING WIND
INTO YOU DIRECTLY

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: March 03, 2018, 04:10:05 pm »

"If you insist! Hmmm, what to make you do..." she made a show of thinking about it. Then she snapped her fingers. "Do that summoning thing. If you can. I've been wondering what it's like." she glanced over at her brother, passed out on the couch. She should... probably bring him back to his room soon.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: March 03, 2018, 04:15:48 pm »

Bernie's eyes are averted from Idunna's body, mainly out of shame for having ticked her off. She's currently looking to her side, at the floor.
"I....uh....I.....I should apologise, for what I did earlier. I.....didn't know it'd make you mad. I honestly thought you were serious. I'm sorry."

Mistwing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: March 03, 2018, 04:20:53 pm »

"You didn't think ganging up and calling me a hateful racist would make me mad?" The question didn't really sound like an accusation, Idunna was clearly quite centered even though she was holding a conversation while trying to meditate. "It's... seriously alarming you'd think I was serious. What did I do during the four weeks up till now that made you think I'm the type to slip in death threats during a silly drinking game?"
----
INTO YOU DIRECTLY

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: March 03, 2018, 04:21:49 pm »

Alex groans and gets up out of his seat, going into his room for a few minutes. He comes out holding the small herb garden he keeps by his window. He pours himself another shot before pulling a knife out of his pocket and making a cut along the center of his hand. he tosses half a piece of pizza into the garden and slams his bleeding palm into the fertile dirt. His head jerks back and his roll backwards into his head, his ruined leg glowing slightly with light
"HEED MY CALL, SPIRIT OF THE FORESTS AND TREES! YGGDRA, HANDMAIDEN OF THE WORLD TREE, CUTTING OF THE GREAT BRANCHES THAT HOLD UP THE HEAVENS, STRONGHOLDER OF THE ASH TREES OF MAINE, HEALER OF THE SICK AND MAIMED," he clutches his cane between his legs and uses his now free hand to take a shot, "you lazy slattern get out here, cute girls want to see you."
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 04:27:20 pm by mcclay »
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: March 03, 2018, 04:35:54 pm »

I'm awake, I'm awake, geez, no need to yell." A form would start to grow out of the garden, at first just vines and leaves tangling tgether, until finally a small woman clothed in what appears to be ash leaves sits in the garden, quickly devouring the pizza. "cute girls, huh? Trying to impress them?"
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: March 03, 2018, 04:39:21 pm »

"You didn't think ganging up and calling me a hateful racist would make me mad?" The question didn't really sound like an accusation, Idunna was clearly quite centered even though she was holding a conversation while trying to meditate. "It's... seriously alarming you'd think I was serious. What did I do during the four weeks up till now that made you think I'm the type to slip in death threats during a silly drinking game?"
"I didn't think you were racist, not at all. I just....thought you might've been serious about hating Scarlet specifically. Honestly, it's my fault for misreading the siutation."

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: March 03, 2018, 04:41:40 pm »

Alex smirks and sinks back into his chair.
"I don't need too, by summoning you I've already impressed the cutest girl in the room. Though I'm sure you wouldn't mind more competitors for that title."
He pauses for a moment and his smile grows a little strained. "Yggdra, this is a magical school and some of my fellows are going to be a little, ah, inimical to your nature. I hope that won't be a big stupid problem I have to skillfully use my tongue to maneuver through?"

Mistwing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: March 03, 2018, 04:49:31 pm »

"I don't hate anyone. ...Except maybe this one crow that lives in an old mill at home-- Nevermind that. Either way, I don't hate Scarlet. Or Vampires. I'm just not very comfortable around people that.. y'know. Eat people. I'm not sure how the rest of you are." She let out a sigh and peeked a green-blue eye open. "Try and make a joke about it, bridge the gap a bit and suddenly I'm the bad guy." she gave up the attempt at meditation. "Look. Bernie. I'm not mad at you, really. I just feel strangely... pushed away. And it's not a good place for me to be. I don't know what growing up was like for you. But I spent most of my life being singled out, excluded or included because I'm magic. Whether it's blaming me for anything they can't explain, expecting me to solve all their problems or considering me some kind of enemy of the natural order. It... hurts pretty badly to get that same spotlight even among other supernaturals. Much less when I'm actually trying to be friendly with people who, far all I know, might just be pretending to be nice and secretly want to eat me. I don't think they are but how do I know? The trust is only going one way, apparently."
----
INTO YOU DIRECTLY

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: March 03, 2018, 04:55:15 pm »

"as long as they don't try anything. Also, I notice the flattery." she points at a bottle of vodka. "for my benevolence, I demand tribute, however."
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: March 03, 2018, 05:00:26 pm »

Bernie sighs, sitting down on her bed, facing Idunna seriously this time. She closes her eyes, frowning for a moment.

Idunna really did know how it was, didn't she?

She opens her eyes, fixing her with a serious look.
".....I......know how that feels, a little bit.

Look, I.....I grew up with normal people. People without magic. My family really tried to fit in properly; my mom and dad hid our supernatural ancestry so we could go to a normal school. Then, somehow- I don't know how- but they found out who we were, and......I didn't really have many friends, back home. Real friends, anyway. People were kinda scared of me, you see, or they tried to take advantage of me. Like, they wanted me to solve all their problems, like win them the lottery, or they were scared I'd snap and curse them with chickenpox or something if I got mad. Even my parents were a little worried about it sometimes. They.....made me take classes for it. Self-control, anger management. It wasn't like I was tortured or anything, but....it always made me feel like I stood out too much.

It took.....a lot of effort, really, to get people to look at me as.....me, and not what I am, to convince them I wasn't going to use magic. And I've had to convince everyone my whole life that I wasn't trying to use my magic; sometimes, I couldn't even enter competitions to play the violin, not without people keeping a close eye on me to make sure I wasn't cheating, or signing safety contracts.....it's hard enough growing up with people thinking you'll curse them at the drop of a hat, without people thinking you've cheated to get your talents, to get good at what you love without needing to take a shortcut. You know, the violin's my LIFE, and to think that people won't believe I put as much sweat and tears into being as good at it as they are, to see people tell you that you only won because you cheated when you spent just as much time preparing for it as they did....

Look, what I'm trying to say is, I know where you're coming from. And I'm sorry. I.....honestly didn't know. I should've known better, and I didn't, and it's my fault. I just.....I'd rather not lose you as a friend over something stupid I did."
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 05:02:15 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: March 03, 2018, 05:02:34 pm »

Alex snorts and fills a shot glass full of vodka. He pours it into the herb garden for Yggdra.
"I thought booze wasn't good for plants. And besides, aren't you a purifier of toxins? I'm not sure if this will have any effect on you."

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: March 03, 2018, 05:06:35 pm »

"I am magic and can drink what I want. Also, it's the gesture that counts most. Though, still not drinking a proper mead? Poor boy."

Mistwing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: March 03, 2018, 05:10:09 pm »

Idunna blinked. Then snorted, then broke into a extremely inappropriate giggle. She slipped from the bed and pulled Bernie into a hug. "What are we breaking up now? Honey, I've gotten so much worse than 'not cool'. Don't you worry." She snickered, yet the hug was firm and reassuringly tender. As if the situation had somehow gone from Bernie apologizing to Idunna to Idunna comforting Bernie. "Just do what everyone else is gonna do. Blame the booze." she let go, finally, and put her hands on Bernie's shoulders instead, smiling slightly at her. Considering the emotional turmoil she'd just explained, that smile was miraculously warm. "You kick ass at the violin, by the way. Don't even know how luck would help with that."
----
INTO YOU DIRECTLY

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: March 03, 2018, 05:17:01 pm »

Bernie turns a little red at the cute naked girl hugging her, but her expression doesn't change much, though the hints of a smile at the corners of her lips is present. She just pats her on the back in return.
".....thanks. Sorry, again."
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 68