Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we skip forward to the end of the Prologue?

No, I want to keep going week by week.
Yes, bring on the VIOLENCE!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 68

Author Topic: Eventide University IC: The Fourth Awakening  (Read 31846 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Eventide University IC
« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2018, 08:25:18 am »

Lilly nodded. "And I thought Ivy League schools had extensive class lists... this has a bigger one than any I've seen even if you ignore all the weird magic classes."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2018, 08:28:39 am »

"I know, right? It's pretty crazy. I'm not even sure we can even take more than one or two of these electives at once. I wonder how many students even go here?"

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 06, 2018, 09:03:15 am »

"What electives are you all taking?" Head leaned above chair back. Eyes flick to Bernie from a distance. Hello friend.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 06, 2018, 09:25:36 am »

"Honestly? Um....Music's really the only one I remember off the top of my head."

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 06, 2018, 10:02:49 am »

"Ah, I play, too. I've heard music has calming effects on people. I might take the course."
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 06, 2018, 10:27:07 am »

Alex grimaces and tries his very best to not look too flustered. "It was supposed to be a compl...Ah well, I apologize if I caused any offence." He sighs and goes back to fiddling with his cane, watching the audience fill up with other students with some interest.

The topic of on conversation switching to music does gain his interest though.
"I'm rather decent at the piano, all those lessons I was forced to go as a small child did eventually pay off. Music has been linked to magical development in some ways, but honestly I just prefer it as a way to relax a little."
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #66 on: February 06, 2018, 10:33:48 am »

"I'm not offended. I know what you meant." She idly twisted a lock of hair about her finger. So he really was into that, huh. . . Well, regardless, she could still use some legal advice. Fortunately the topic seemed to have turned to more mundane concerns again. "I can't say I'm all that artistically talented, but we'll see. Taking a drawing class, so we'll see how that goes."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 06, 2018, 10:47:42 am »

”I personally, uh, kinda dabble with the violin. I’m not amazing, really.”

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 06, 2018, 11:57:24 am »

"I wonder if they have like... a career counselor we could talk to? I need to decide some classes still..."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 06, 2018, 12:27:12 pm »

”Hey, maybe we could look together after this. Assuming, y'know, your wingtips back there are okay with that."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 06, 2018, 01:08:26 pm »

Dom looks away from his conversation for the time being to join the other one.
"Personahly, Ah'm about as artistically talented as a rock excepting choir music. More of a physically oriented kind of guy, you know?"
Dom flexes, giving one time to consider how his accent shifted back to a more tolerable level as he spoke to the other group. Maybe that's his power, shifting between accents like a shapeshifter shifts through forms. An accentshifter if you will.
"So what kind of music do y'all like anyways? Personally I like a bit of everything but I tend to listen to metal and stuff like Johnny Cash."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 06, 2018, 01:55:47 pm »

"Call it stereotypical, but I've always enjoyed the older classical stuff." Lilly says with a slight embarassment in her tone. "Although, more than specific genres, songs that are faster paced are always fun. Unless they're swearing up a storm, that always struck me as trying too hard."
Sigtext!

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 06, 2018, 02:03:45 pm »

"My parents were real big on making sure I appreciated 'society' music. Jazzstep, Smooth Trip-Hop, that kinda stuff." His face colors a little before continuing. "I also have more than a bit of a taste for old pop, like real old. 1990s stuff. The local archives has a curated collection of the stuff, some of its pretty good."
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 06, 2018, 02:18:02 pm »

”Call me old-fashioned, but I prefer classical music, obviously. Um, but I do kinda like old Filipino bands; that's really kind of my parents' faults, though, they really love the classics. Don't think the names Eraserheads or Sugarfree sound familiar to you, do they?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #74 on: February 06, 2018, 03:45:06 pm »

Scarlet raised an eyebrow at Dom. "Cash? That's way back, even for me. Not a bad choice, though, not at all. Pretty sure I'm in the same general area as you, in that regard." She idly considered the various tastes the other had professed. The idea that musical taste was tied in some way to a person's personality and values was still kicking around. Metal: introspective, intelligent. Classical: essentially the same as metal, though typically a somewhat older demographic. Country: friendly, if closedminded. Pop: extroverted, but anxious.  Scarlet wondered about the validity of the idea - maybe there was a course here that could teach her? Or she could ask Albert at some point, he seemed knowledgeable enough.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 68