Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we skip forward to the end of the Prologue?

No, I want to keep going week by week.
Yes, bring on the VIOLENCE!

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 68

Author Topic: Eventide University IC: The Fourth Awakening  (Read 31945 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: Eventide University IC: Week 4 - Happy Funtimes for the Undead
« Reply #495 on: February 25, 2018, 05:10:11 am »

"I don't believe you've said so." She was observant enough to tell that he was having some sort of issue, but wasn't exactly a trained psychologist. For all she knew, Albert was just high as a kite. Scarlet glanced back at the guards, then returned her pale red gaze to Albert. "They've gotta go along with it, too. And the school will probably want to keep an eye on you afterward, to make sure I'm not trying to turn you into some kind of mind slave." The discomfort with the topic remained; she fidgeted with her freshly brushed hair, looping it around one finger and tugging on it slightly before unwinding it and repeating the process with a different lock, mostly unconsciously.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: February 25, 2018, 05:17:02 am »

"Ah, well..." There was something swirling up inside his chest, swaddled by the ribbons of panic and anxiety that had wrapped around him. Did it feel hot or cold, he didn't know. Whether he was about to burst or clamp down hard enough to bleed. Control - he needed control, stability, no matter which it was. Stand up straight. Wipe brow of sweat. Hands dive back into pockets to clench and unclench the pants fabric in steady rhythm. "... I'd hope it would be okay." He glanced at the guards.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #497 on: February 25, 2018, 05:21:05 am »

Scarlet exhaled heavily. Not quite a sigh, but not definitively not a sigh, either. "Alright. Uh, do you wanna do this in your room, or. . . ?" Probably the only reason she'd be going into a man's room for privacy at any point in the forseeable future, really. Not that it was a massive loss, but having that option available would have been nice, at least. "And, I guess, what do you want me to try and. . . enforce? Maybe write it down."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: February 25, 2018, 05:28:37 am »

Brain took a second to catch up to the ears. When it did, Albert's chin nooded upwards with a jitter. "Here's fine, actually. And, I have schizophrenia." Stated matter-of-factly. His brain began to calm down - well, not calm down necessarily, for the ghosts still churned around him. He just began to process a sequence of emotions. The thoughts he longed for - that he thinks he longed for. What to write down? Well, first he'd need a notebook. "Ah... could I have a paper and pencil, then?"
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #499 on: February 25, 2018, 05:34:28 am »

Scarlet performed that familiar self-patdown of looking for something you know you have on your person, before a slap to her own belly revealed the object of her - or, rather, Albert's - desire. "Here." She withdrew a small notepad, the kind you might put a shopping list on, or a wifi password. She produced a pen fairly shortly thereafter, and turned them both over to Albert.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: February 25, 2018, 05:57:29 am »

Pen. Permanent. He'd have to think carefully about what to ink. He shivered, but he had to write something done - even with the hazy thin not-ghosts swirling about him. Okay. Okay. The psychic began to scritch scritch away.

I do not know how your abilities differ from traditional mundane hypnosis but regardless please induce the following

Albert had a thought. Did she know what trigger words were, how they worked? He'll tell her about them later if not. More data was needed, anyways. Learn how vampires' powers worked. Did they talk about vampires in Parapsychology yet, even a passing mention? He'll check the textbooks. Later. Later.

Clarity
Heightened sense of awareness
Focus more
More sensitive senses
Stillness of mind

That should be sufficient. He returned the pad of paper.
carrot cakeu

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #501 on: February 25, 2018, 06:13:46 am »

"Alright." She read through the list; it seemed reasonable enough. Clarity, stillness of mind. More sensitive senses seemed. . . odd, to me, but hey, if it went wrong somehow, she had it in writing that this was what was asked for. "Fucking hell. . . Just give me a second to figure this out." She reached back into that part of her own mind, dangerously close to the parts that were to be firmly kept under lock and key. Hypnosis was a fairly gentle term for what the power really was, similar to how radiotherapy was a quite polite way of describing shooting deadly energy into someone in the hopes that it'd kill their illness faster than it did the person it afflicted.

"Look into my eyes. It will. . . help, I guess." She stared into Albert's; the boy would have felt something pressing against his mind. Scarlet's own, he could probably tell, though it wasn't a gentle push. An insistent pressure, commanding him to obey. "Albert. Keep your mind clear and still. Focus on the things in front of you. Be aware of your surroundings. Feel everything your senses are telling you." Scarlet herself could feel the natural resistance of Albert's own psyche; she had to admit the kid was probably smarter than she was, stronger willed. He'd have to willingly submit.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: February 25, 2018, 07:08:58 am »

Albert took his glasses off and tucked them in a breast pocket. He stood patiently as Scarlet seemed to focus on something internally (kinda like he'd do when using psychic powers). He nodded, preparing to... well, he wasn't used to being the hypnotee. He was more of a hypnotist, but, hopefully the strength of the vampire's ability will make things alright. If all goes wrong, well, one of them was flooded with Parapsychology lessons and the other wasn't. The hypnotee was always in control - right? It was fine. Control. Submission. Control.

He stared into Scarlet's glimmering red eyes. He felt that pressure, certainly. Though, he was disconnected from the feeling. More like he was - observing that feeling happening to someone else, almost? Difficult to describe. He'd have to work on that. He submit to it. More than he wanted to, but that was to be expected. "Okay," he mumbled.

The words felt like coffee flowing down his throat. Liquid, searingly hot as he imbibed the intentions, the compulsion, the commands. It was like steam, too, whirling humidly into his brain. Clarity. Focus. He focused on the words and what they meant. He was drawn deeper and deeper into a focused trance, brows furrowing as he stared into Scarlet's own eyes. He could sense everything, the tickling of the hairs on his forearm, his tongue gently curling behind his slightly dry lips, a quiet heartbeat situated slightly down and to the left. Awareness flowed into his brain like coffee and smoke. "It's working."
carrot cakeu

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: February 25, 2018, 03:08:03 pm »

Alex reached down and carefully picked up the stun gun. He holds it slightly hesitantly, not super used to handling a weapon of any kind, but he doesn't fuck up by like, dropping it or anything stupid like that. He carefully rests his finger right above the trigger, knowing at least from the movies that you shouldn't rest on the trigger like some kind of idioit. He points it at the floor and gives Dom a smile.
"Did I completely and utterly smash your expectations for pure incompetence? I hope I have not violated an entire Geneva Convention's worth of safety features with my handling of this weapon."
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: February 25, 2018, 03:21:06 pm »

Dom shrugs.
"Well, you have the basics at least. Don't put your finger on the trigger unless you're ready to shoot something and don't point a gun at anything you aren't ready to shoot. That said, keep a firm grip on any weapon. Some guns can go off if you drop them even with the safety on, and it's just embarrassing to drop your weapon in the middle of a fight. Anyways, we'll need to find a firing range if you want to practice but otherwise you should be good to go... Oh, and brush up on what you need to do to get licensed to carry a weapon here. That's important."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #505 on: February 25, 2018, 03:24:03 pm »

Scarlet, after Albert's confirmation, held for a moment. It had to be persistent to some extent, otherwise. . . She let the spell go, hoping that the commands she'd given would actually hang around for a while. "You feeling any better?"
GM of Trespassers V2.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: February 25, 2018, 03:27:53 pm »

Lilly had, understandably, been a bit surprised by basically the whole thing with Albert. She'd known he was somewhat... off, what with how he saw no apparent issue with very sudden close physical proximity with a vampire, but she didn't know it'd get like this. She couldn't do anything and didn't want to interrupt Scarlet's... hypnosis. So she just leaned against the wall, in an attempt at being casual.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: February 25, 2018, 03:48:42 pm »

Alex nods and puts the stun gun down where it was on Dom's shelf.
"Excellent, I cretinaly can arrange a trip out to the range some time. Call it manly bonding or something along those lines, throw in a few innuendos to confuse the faculty and focus them on low importance relationship drama rather than the actual nature of the request. As for licenses, give me a moment."

Alex walks over to his side of the room, opens up a desk drawer and brings out several folders, two stacks of loose leaf paper and a binder.

"Louisiana law code, section 63.45 A through 66.87 B, gun license form in triplicate, pistol license form in triplicate, carry permit forms, concealed carry permit forms, license for the Orelans parish, all the required literature with notes and quotations, three hand gun safely manuals, the forms for fire arm ownership on campus and a form for personal carry use at Eventide should I feel the need." He pauses and gives Dom a grin, "The presence of the lovely Miss Scarlet and Lilly gives us the 'need' part of that, and I'm sure I can eloquently state the feeling area."

He taps his chin and looks at Dom. "I'm sure I can also make the case for you having at least some of your weaponry being delivered back into your care. Might take a few days but what is that between friends." There is a slight predatory undertone to Alex's grin.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: February 25, 2018, 03:53:50 pm »

Dom grins.
"Ooh yes... Keep talking like that and I might want to make the innuendo more than just that."
Dom waggles his eyebrows. He pauses after a moment before coughing.
"Kidding, I know you prefer your "prey" on the bitey side."

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: February 26, 2018, 02:37:42 pm »

Alex's cheeks lightly color and he turns away in a coughing fit, grasping onto the edge of the be as he steadies.
"Ah, erm, well. You, ah, well. Yes. I need to go ah, study in the library for my Law class. I can't put it off all day, you know? If you'll excuse me, I'll be off.

And with that Alex fucking retreats from the room and scurries off to the library. Nope nope nope.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 68