Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we skip forward to the end of the Prologue?

No, I want to keep going week by week.
Yes, bring on the VIOLENCE!

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 68

Author Topic: Eventide University IC: The Fourth Awakening  (Read 31946 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: Eventide University IC: Week 4 - Happy Funtimes for the Undead
« Reply #480 on: February 24, 2018, 05:05:39 pm »

"Yes, it's going to be fine." Scarlet spoke quite a bit more forcefully than necessary. "Our sizes aren't that far apart." She wasn't pouting, Scarlet didn't pout.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: February 24, 2018, 05:15:44 pm »

Lilly looked Scarlet over. ...They sort of were. It did, however, occur to Lilly what her roommate might be annoyed about. "...Alright then." She then awkwardly pat Scarlet on the shoulder.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 05:20:20 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #482 on: February 24, 2018, 05:26:47 pm »

Scarlet turned to look directly at Lilly, only to be met with the objects that were currently causing her so much distress. "Just cut it out, okay!? Jesus. . ."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: February 24, 2018, 05:30:38 pm »

"I'm sorry, sorry, didn't realize how it could be taken..." Lilly said, putting her hands up in the 'I surrender' way. "...Maybe we should just go and forget this conversation happened."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #484 on: February 24, 2018, 05:39:41 pm »

"Please." She tried her best to ignore the fact that she was still staring basically directly into Lilly's chest, and that the pose only emphasized it.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: February 24, 2018, 05:55:31 pm »

"Right! Let's just... go. Yeah." Lilly said hurriedly. "S-Sorry, I didn't mean it like that..." she said, as she went to the door.
Sigtext!

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #486 on: February 24, 2018, 05:59:32 pm »

Scarlet sullenly followed Lilly out of the room, desperately wishing the girl would remove her foot from her mouth - or, at the very least, stop trying to talk around it.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: February 24, 2018, 06:32:59 pm »

Lilly did seem to remove the foot from her mouth, by way of not really talking to her - she was mostly quiet as they headed out, besides telling the guards where they were going.
Sigtext!

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: February 25, 2018, 04:18:57 am »

It had been a tough month for Albert.

He did not know how to deal with living with another person. Especially not someone like Bojangles. He seemed out and about anyway, with his fishing and sports. Isolation. A cold but sure friend. Haha. Calling isolation a friend, that was irony? Albert's head swam. The walls dripped blood constantly over the course of the first month. He wasn't sure he could stop it with medication. It made him feel like a bucket with paper taped in the cracks as opposed to a bucket with cracks in it. The paper was waterproof, but it peeled away all the same. Paper. Albert had been staring at paper for the past four weeks and it hurt.

Where was he? Albert blinked back into a state of awareness. The walls still called his name. There was an apparition. He did not want to give them names, because names were powerful and magic. He wanted to ignore it but he's been doing that for the past four weeks and it hurt. His ears bled. They didn't bleed but he had to swab them with paper anyways. No, not paper - not paper, the paper was important. He let the blood pool around his wherever his head was. Fuck, no - no, he was on the verge of breaking entirely. As if that bucket from before had someone managed to overflow despite all the cracks and the water suddenly turned to stomach acid.

He was gonna break if he kept this up. He knew this the second he signed up for - too many classes. He did it anyway. Why did he? Who knows. He should. He'll think about it later. Get up. Go. Cling to focus. When you lose focus you disassociate. When you disassociate, your disease can play with your brain like spongy tofu. Focus. Words swimming in your eyes and ears, swat them away. You lay on a bed. Roll to the side. Sweat on your skin beneath your shirt and pants. Foot on the damp floor. Another distraction - you need another bloody distraction. It had been a tough month, and you needed a break. Albert ran out of the dormitory, wishing for someone to intercept him. Someone - anyone - the first person he knows - did you forget your medication?

It had been a tough month for Albert.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #489 on: February 25, 2018, 04:33:12 am »

Albert's appearance - somewhat thankfully - drew Scarlet's attention. Somewhat less than thankfully, it was partially because he was visibly disturbed; by what, she wasn't actually sure. She momentarily stifled the thought that he'd seen Bojangles changing or something; besides, she wasn't convinced such a thing would register with the psychic. "One sec. Arcade's not going anywhere, right?"

The vampiress moved toward Albert, making sure it didn't look like she was trying to dodge the attention of the guards - who she still trusted slightly less as far as she could throw them - and gave a cursory wave of greetings. "Hey, Albert." She pitched her voice lower, in order to maintain his privacy. Would the guards like it? No, but it's not like they were going to stake her for whispering. "I'm gonna cut straight to the point, what's going on with you? You look like you've seen a ghost." Too many ghosts, lately. She almost wished there were actual ones, there was probably some kind of ward you could put up for those.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: February 25, 2018, 04:45:51 am »

Ghosts? Could they be called ghosts? They're not real, unlike ghosts. They're not dead. They do haunt Albert though. They instill fear. Discomfort. Instability. Keeping him up at night, barely clinging to his flimsy mind. Efforts at enhancing his psyche, finding a permanent cure, wasted for now. That sinking feeling in his chest that they'd stick around forever, which only let their creaking fingers dive deeper into his insides-

Stop focusing. Other thing. Focus. Scarlet. Maybe he's staring a little creepily, but he can't help it. It's like clinging to a pole in a tornado. "... I'm very not fine." He coughs. Articulate. "Hi - I'm not okay. Wait, did I-" Sweating, shivering hands plunge into pants pockets. Grip denim fabric and nothing else. Eyes widen. A frozen smile creeps into Albert's cheeks. "I-... forgot my meds. Haha. I forgot my meds."
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #491 on: February 25, 2018, 04:49:27 am »

"Then we need to get you to the health office." Forgot his meds. Had he actually mentioned a psychiatric disorder? She assumed it was psychiatric, nothing looked physically wrong with him, no consistent signs of pain, limping, et cetera. Psychiatric trouble. . . Could she? Was she willing to? She'd mostly strayed away from accessing her inheritance at all; it felt wrong to even consider, but perhaps there was a good way to use it. "Or, uh, there's something I could try, but I doubt you or the guards would like it."
GM of Trespassers V2.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: February 25, 2018, 04:56:49 am »

"Uh." More walking didn't feel good. All those people was like wandering through a bright tunnel made out of- he didn't really want to think about it. And, and anyway, he still had some in his room. He just forgot it. He just focused too hard on leaving, that's all. Where was he, anyway? Everything felt nondescript. Distant. Except for the people. People rarely felt nondescript. (That wasn't always a good thing).

"What do you mean?" Tilt head. Acknowledge internal curiosity. He stared at Scarlet - not too much. His circular shades slid down his damp nose and he had to adjust them. "I'd... be willing to try a lot of things." Speak better, speak better, speak better. Jeez.
carrot cakeu

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #493 on: February 25, 2018, 05:00:00 am »

"I have no idea if it would work, and no idea if I could get away with using it, but, uh, I've got this hypnotic ability. Not really as benign as the normal kind, but I might be able to do something with it to help. You'd know better than I would what to do." She looked distinctly uncomfortable discussing the topic. It was a reminder of times gone by, but not the sort that one would fondly remember on a warm summer's night. Maybe the kind where you'd go to the bar immediately after remembering.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: February 25, 2018, 05:05:41 am »

"Oh, I've been studying hypnosis!" Some form of familiarity echoed back into Albert's voice. It still sounded tired, but. Thing he knows. Things he cares - he does care - about. "Well, it's more I've been searching it up on the side rather than - anything to do with my classes... I mean, it is part of Parapsychology, but not until - a little later?" And that exhaustion began to wash everything away again. "Use it. On me, if you want, because I'm consenting. I'm consenting to being - do you know what my illness is?" A hand suddenly zips upwards to aggresively scrtach the messy blond mop that Albert's hair had become, before limply falling to his side again.
carrot cakeu
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 68