Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we skip forward to the end of the Prologue?

No, I want to keep going week by week.
Yes, bring on the VIOLENCE!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 68

Author Topic: Eventide University IC: The Fourth Awakening  (Read 31847 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Eventide University IC
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2018, 02:44:36 am »

Dom smiles as he returns the handshake heartily.
"Can't say ah really approve, more used to drah heats back on the range. That said, neva had much bad ta say about this part of the States!"
Those gathered around would pick up on Dom's Texan accent getting thicker as he talks. Must be a southern thing.
"Ah'm Dom, short fo' Dominicus but ah neva really liked the way it sounded. Ah take it that ch'you're a local?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2018, 02:52:15 am »

"Oh. Well, good to know. The implications of what you were saying are, uh, concerning, is all." A psychic. Both a good thing and a bad thing, she supposed. She did like having her head to herself - she doubted she'd get much of anything else as such for a while - but at least he could vouch for her when she insisted that no, she really really didn't want to eat anyone no matter how bad the urge to do so got.

Scarlet turned her eyes to Alex. "I don't feel it like I used to, but I still notice. Mostly just the amount of direct sunlight's a pain in the ass, though the eternal twilight overhead almost feels like it was custom-made." She wasn't quite certain how to feel about the wilting lily comment. Backpedaling in case he thought she was offended by the comment, or was he hitting on her? If it was the latter. . . well, you couldn't account for taste, she supposed."It's actually worse if I've, uh, eaten recently. The heat, that is. I guess it makes me less undead." It was nothing short of bizarre to her to talk about this sort of thing aloud; wasn't this supposed to freak people out? She couldn't help but side-eye the guards and the other students not involved in the present conversation. It was a bit depressing to talk about, if she was honest with herself. The reality of the situation setting in, so to speak.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2018, 03:07:18 am »

Lilly had sort of been uncomfortably fidgeting the whole time, not really having anything to interject - hard to respond when someone says it’s natural for you to want to eat human beings, she’d discovered. ”Being told that it’s natural for me to... explode, when I’m trying so hard not to, is pretty worrying...” she finally interjects. It was weird being at the center of conversation when she’d all but been told she’d be an outcast.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2018, 03:12:34 am »

Alex winces a little. Oof, that line had not gone over as well as he had hoped. Come on, lilies were nice funeral flowers! Whatever. He gave her a empathizing, sad smile. "I can understand how the little annoyances of life would be dearly missed afterwards. Gosh, you're almost making me feel bad about complaning about the heat. Something poetic in it, though I can't claim to be a poet, I can see why your people caught the imagination of writers and artists long before they walked this earth. I'm rambling again, I'm sorry."
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2018, 03:17:51 am »

"Oh, but every being has desires that are worrying for society. I'm saying it's natural to have them." He shifts. "But I also mean it is natural for you to stifle it. I could talk on and on about Psychology, but that would brand me as an eccentric, wouldn't it? So I'll make it brief - consider the pyromaniac. The need to set fire to things. The need to destroy. But the pyromaniac is not devoid of Superego - usually - and thus seeks to release his Id. Firefighting. Pyrotechnics. Even baking." He shrugs. "You cannot outrun yourself. You are who you are. You must redirect yourself to a better path, instead." The pad of paper from before appears. Albert scribbles, creating the scratchy sounds of pencil on paper.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2018, 03:23:52 am »

Scarlet waved a hand dismissively. "Don't worry about it. You didn't really say anything bad, anyway. . . . Even if you did refer to me as wilting." She offered a slight smile to the man. Even if she mostly wanted him to shut up. Rambling on about the topic wasn't exactly digging himself out of his hole. His flustered reaction was informative, though. Apparently the threat of having your lifeforce drained from you or being turned into a horrible monster and/or pariah wasn't enough to discourage him.

She nodded at Albert's last statement. "That's the idea."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2018, 03:45:58 am »

Silence for a second. "Mhm."
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2018, 04:14:37 am »

The flow of conversation had changed and completely lost Bernie for a bit.

Psychology and law and the supernatural? These were all things she had no clue about. This was completely new to her and more than a little dizzying. Indeed, it felt like these people were more used to this situation than she was; it sounded like most of them were pretty steeped into either their courses or the supernatural. She silently curses (not literally, thankfully) herself for thinking this would be easier. University was a lot different from high school indeed.

She fixes her hair a little more and tries to join in and salvage the situation for herself, anyway.
"So, uh.....we definitely know that we've got a future lawyer and a psychologist here, what about the rest of you?"
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 04:17:10 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2018, 07:12:05 am »

Lilly was glad for the topic change, and flashed Bernie a grateful smile after leaning forward to see the gold-blonde better. She could take the chance and reconstruct the non-nervous demeanor she'd been putting on before that was thoroughly smashed by the earlier conversation. "Well, I'm not so sure as these two. I've always been interested in computer science! Although I can't code... like at all just yet. Psychology or Sociology are also interesting..." she shot a glance at Albert. "More recently though, things like diplomacy between humans and dimensional beings have been something I've looked at. For probably obvious reasons, heh."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2018, 07:17:49 am »

Something she could relate to. Good. She had context for this. This was something people outside the supernatural world could talk about. So therefore, she could talk about it,

Bernie sighs, returning the smile with a friendly one. She tilts her head a little to get a closer look at Lilly.

They were vampires, but that wasn't any reason to not be friendly, as far as Bernie could tell.
"I'm actually here on a music program, you see. I never was any good at stuff like computer science, you know?"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2018, 07:32:45 am »

Well, Bernie's head-tilt wouldn't tell her much - Lilly didn't look that different from your average person. Besides the pale skin and red eyes. "Oh? What instrument? I'm not so great at music myself, even though my parents made me take piano lessons for a couple years...." A normal topic. She could almost forget the guards around her watching very closely due to her proximity to Albert.
Sigtext!

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2018, 07:36:31 am »

Albert was looked at. He returned the look. A thumbs up was deployed. 'You're good,' it might say. 'I'm an eccentric nutcase, please avoid me,' it might say just as well.
carrot cakeu

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2018, 07:42:35 am »

"Well, actually, I play the violin. I've really wanted to be a violinist since I was young and, well, I, uh, played in a few competitions, so might as well carry on with it, right?"
Bernie, of course, neglects to mention the numerous music competitions she's won, the channel where she posts her violin covers, or the fact that she was attempting to enter the university on an arts scholarship.

Humility was a virtue, after all.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 07:44:06 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2018, 07:57:48 am »

”I’d love to hear you play sometime - I’m sure you’re amazing at it!” Lilly said. ”Do you have your classes in mind yet? I saw the list online but it was a bit overwhelming...” she also had no idea where to begin with the... abnormal, classes in particular. She hoped Zachary could help with that kind of thing.
Sigtext!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2018, 08:14:20 am »

"Actually, I wasn't sure either. The class list's pretty crazy, huh? I did a little research but I'm not sure what I'd do, honestly."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 68