Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we skip forward to the end of the Prologue?

No, I want to keep going week by week.
Yes, bring on the VIOLENCE!

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 68

Author Topic: Eventide University IC: The Fourth Awakening  (Read 31916 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: Eventide University IC: Week 3 - Scarlet has Zero Chill
« Reply #375 on: February 19, 2018, 01:55:19 am »

Development/Explore
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Mistwing

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing too much to keep up
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: February 19, 2018, 03:12:28 am »

Idunna had taken to leaning back against the back of the couch instead, after yielding the seats to Dom. "I'm not a professional. But I could help you practice meditation if you're interested, Alex." It was good to have more help than a single lesson, after all.
Is your sexual purity worth more than bringing the dead back to life!?
----
I'M INSERTING MY DOUBLE MAXIMUM REPEATING WIND
INTO YOU DIRECTLY

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: February 19, 2018, 08:23:16 am »

Lilly takes out a packet of... something, from her bag. Looks almost like a juice pack, but considering what Lilly is, one can probably make an assumption of what is in there. "Well, off we go then!" Lilly said as she got to her feet. Assuming the others didn't object she'd head out towards public transportation to go to the Crystal Rose, using a fang to puncture the pack of blood after they got out the door - didn't want to make Idunna too uncomfortable.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: February 19, 2018, 12:20:57 pm »

Alex nods in assent at Idunna. "That would be great. Regular meditation sessions would be ideal, I can do them on my own but I worry about my commitment long term." He goes back to his room and comes out with a few pills in hand. A drink of water later and hes ready to go. "Let us thank whatever deity you profess allegiance to for the man who invented painkillers."
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: February 19, 2018, 12:50:08 pm »

As the door to the Crystal Rose opens, tiny charms attached to it tinkle out a greeting, and it reveals a cozy little shop, For most of the incoming group, it was... comfortable, like coming home after a long day's work, or stepping into an air conditioned building when it's in triple digits outside. This... can't quite be said about Lily. Reaching the door, she'd feel a faint buzzing sensation in her fingers, like her hand was nearing a strong electrical current, or touching something that was vibrating at high speeds.

Then a voice from inside calls out "Come on in!", and the sensation vanishes, or rather subsides, leaving only a sort of unsettling tingling in her spine as she steps over that boundary.

The inside of the building is rather packed and disorganized-looking, with stands and displays of various new-age looking magical and spiritual items seemingly strewn about at random, though on closer inspection, some sense of order could be seen, as if the building was arranged according to some strange law that didn't quite fit anything specific. Today, a woman in her 20s sits behind the counter, smiling broadly at them as they come inside.

"My, my, we don't get new customers often. Welcome to the Crystal Rose, I hope you can find everything you're looking for, here." Her voice was sweet and happy, not unlike the sound of the chimes above the door, and after making sure none of them have any questions, she settles back down to a little book about fortune telling, leaving only one last comment. "If you're here for the meditation lessons, I think there's one going on in the back." She'd point toward what looks like the door to a backroom, smiling again.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: February 19, 2018, 01:18:19 pm »

Lilly frowns at the sensation - another weird vampire thing, she supposed. She smiled at the shopkeeper (she'd been practicing *not* showing her teeth as she smiled. Although the choker and the guards may make things obvious). "I'll go in a bit. Before that though, what sort of things are you selling? The place looks pretty interesting..."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: February 19, 2018, 01:25:21 pm »

Dom raised a hand in greeting to the woman behind the counter. After a couple seconds he looked around the shop to see what kind of interesting items he could find before the 'meditation' thing.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: February 19, 2018, 01:49:01 pm »

”So, you guys ready to go to the arcade in a bit? After you’re done with tea?”
Bernie directs this question at Idunna and leaves it open for anyone else to join in.

Mistwing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: February 19, 2018, 01:53:50 pm »

Idunna, slowly but contiously driking tea, nodded. As well as she could without detaching from the cup she'd been handed anyway.
----
INTO YOU DIRECTLY

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: February 19, 2018, 02:09:46 pm »

On the shelves and stands around them, they'd find various kinds of crystals, little baggies holding powders and other such minor 'magical' items. The woman explains it:

"Well, we sell all sorts of things that might be helpful. Crystals that can heal wounds or re-balance your chakras, or even store and release your body's energy to help ward off exhaustion and fatigue. We also have some higher-ticket items like a tea that will help recover from disease and purge unhealthy energies from your body, or amulets to protect against various dangers. of course, their power isn't unlimited, and a lot of them need time between uses, but they're still really quite useful." She smiles sweetly.
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: February 19, 2018, 02:55:50 pm »

Lilly nodded. She wondered if any of them would help with her... urges. Ahem. "Mmm. I'll think about buying something later. By the way, does the meditation lesson cost anything?" After the conversation (and paying for herself and the people she was with, if they needed to), she'd head towards the back.
Sigtext!

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: February 19, 2018, 02:59:43 pm »

"the class doesn't have a cost, it's just a service we provide for the area. You'll have to pay if you want any of the materials out here, though, obviously."

Zacha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: February 19, 2018, 05:31:14 pm »

Bojangles popped suddenly into the common room, this particular weekend not being particularly stressful for him. He felt that he'd studied well over the course of the week and that now was a great opportunity to hit the town. "Ah bin hearin' 'bout this arcade place fer a while," he said, waving to the others. "Sorry ah ain't bin aroun' much, had a buncha stuff t'do fer football an' whatnot. Ah'd love t'join y'all at the arcade if you'll have me." And if he didn't cause any of the games to fry. Hopefully he could stay at least a little bit, though--his magic wasn't quite potent enough to instantly wipe out computers with his presence.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: February 19, 2018, 05:59:10 pm »

Bernie smiles at the extra companion who was coming along. After all, the more the merrier, right?
"Sweet. Uh, Idunna, you wanna lead the way or should I?"

Mistwing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: February 20, 2018, 04:54:47 am »

Whoever did end up leading, it wasn't too far to the arcade since it was on the right side of the city outskirts. And it wasn't hard to find once you knew what you were looking for. Coming down the boardwalk the students would see the bright light of holosigns and arcade machines stretching out over the water. Arcane was, in a word, busy. Even early in the day there more than a few milling among the games -- lines already forming to some.

Walking in through the open side facing outwards, Bernie is greeted with a loud robotic voice: "CHALLANGE THE TRUENADE!" From a large machine resembling a robot made of spring-spiral tubes wearing a star-spangled robe and wizard hat. Inside there's a open floor dotted with tables for customers, a sort of oasis in a sea of play machine, bathed in flashing lights and a discord of sounds. And over it all a blue and yellow glow from the massive beam struggle portrayed on the immense screen on the far wall.

"I always wonder if places like this get sued for setting of some poor fools epilepsy..." Idunna pipes up.
----
INTO YOU DIRECTLY
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 68