Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we skip forward to the end of the Prologue?

No, I want to keep going week by week.
Yes, bring on the VIOLENCE!

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 68

Author Topic: Eventide University IC: The Fourth Awakening  (Read 31910 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Eventide University IC: Week 2 - GATOR SAUSAGE
« Reply #345 on: February 17, 2018, 02:42:17 pm »

Dom gave her a thumbs up before taking a breath and digging in.

Mistwing

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing too much to keep up
    • View Profile
Re: Eventide University IC: Week 2 - GATOR SAUSAGE
« Reply #346 on: February 17, 2018, 02:49:20 pm »

Dom struggles with it for a while. It is quite tough and, for lack of a better word, primal. Though it turns out he is man enough for the challenge! His nose may run, his eyes may water and his throat may feel oddly like a mountain ridge. But he doesn't feel any different. Just a weight in his stomach.
Is your sexual purity worth more than bringing the dead back to life!?
----
I'M INSERTING MY DOUBLE MAXIMUM REPEATING WIND
INTO YOU DIRECTLY

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
Re: Eventide University IC: Week 3 - Scarlet has Zero Chill
« Reply #347 on: February 17, 2018, 04:36:52 pm »

Weekend Results

Spoiler: Lilly Mycroft (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Scarlet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Albert (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dom (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bernie (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Alexander (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bojangles (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Idunna (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 05:46:18 pm by ragnarok97071 »
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 17, 2018, 05:39:34 pm »

Weekend 2 Events

Two scientists stare intently at a glowing readout sat in front of them, upon it a vague outline of a human form, not dissimilar to what one would expect to see in an x-ray or MRI. This, however, was of notably stranger origins, a technological projection of a magical phenomenon. When they'd turned it on, they'd expected to see something like a temperature map across the subject's body, but this... This warranted further study. They dial up the precision on the magical scanner they were employing. This would be a little uncomfortable for the subject, but nothing major, not compared to... whatever this was they were seeing. after a time, they'd power off the magic circle they'd used to determine her magical signature, and have her take a seat nearby, placing a printout in front of her.

"This shows the dispersal of thaumic energy inside a human's body. You'll see that while it generally pools in certain areas of the body and along some set paths, it generally radiates out from these points all throughout the body. And this..."

They produce another sheet, this one showing a similar human form, this time covered in small, red lines crisscrossing their body, seemingly tangled up around certain locations inside it, roughly two dozen or so such clusters spread throughout. Unlike the first, the energy seemed to exist only in these narrow channels, not radiating out through the rest of the body like was apparently normal.

"This is what your readout looks like. The energy in your body seems to be much more concentrated, not spreading through you like a living being, or distributed entirely through the body like the other subject's. We theorize that this might mean that you may be able to produce much higher energy density than normal when making use of that power. We're not sure, yet, but we'd like you to stop by again once you've picked up at least one spell, so we can experiment further."

Bernie and Alex are sitting together, as far away from Scarlet as they can get without it actually looking like they're avoiding her (more for comfort than anything else), reading through old dusty tomes about the nature of luck and ritual magic...

Quote from: On Destiny
Luck, as most refer to it, is merely a quantification of the will and bias of god and the universe. By manipulating several underlying factors, a sufficiently prepared wizard or being can shift the balance of the phenomenon known as luck, to some degree uplifting or damaging their own or others' chances of success. This book will endeavor to impress upon you how such things can be affected, both on the scale of ritual and evocative magic, with the intent of enlightening you to the true power of this branch of magic.

Quote from: Rituals and magic Foci
By encoding certain sigils and signs upon a vessel, one can cause the flow of magic to change naturally as it passes through such devices. In this way, one can 'store' a spell or other effect within such items, to be released by simply filling said vessel with magic and casting it at the desired target. The process for this takes quite some time, and is involved, requiring no small amount of improvisation to adjust the technique to different spells, but can in theory be applied to any feat of magic one might be capable of...

Crystal Rose - A new age shop dealing largely in spiritual trinkets, cures and self-improvement. Highly popular with a small community of mystics, the shop is well stocked with helpful "white magic" items such as chakra-balancing crystals, dream catchers, incense and other aids for empowering or enlightening the self. Owned by a middle aged couple helped by their children, the store often houses activities such as meditation circles or acupuncture lessons. -- Spending the evening at the store counts as a mentored class in Essence and Attunement. In addition, certain magical and pseudo-magical items can be purchased here.

Arcane - A highly popular boardwalk arcade stocked with rare and highly challenging games. On the weekends it has a discount for infinite-ticket cards allowing those who have the patience to stand in like to have as many goes as they like at a particular game. Or at least as many as time and popularity allows. Can either be challenged by yourself or with a partner. When playing with a partner, the results of the separate players' checks will be added together and used to calculate stat gains.

1-75 no gains.
76-99 +.5
100-150 +1
151-199 +2
200 +3

Undead residence -- A two-man light-gun game facing mounting difficulty against hordes of demons and zombies. Requires a partner but gives a highly boosted Dexterity growth

Fortune crumble -- a typical (but rumored to be far more accurate) fortune telling game. The life-like wooden statue dispenses slips of good or bad fortune. Daring your luck at this "game" can lead to good or bad luck for the coming week. (can only be played solo, 50/50 chance of applying a +10/-10 to your rolls for the following week)

Rhythm Renaissance -- A extremely popular rhythm game. Serves as a boosted Dex/End growth.

Cello Protagonist -- Learn to play the cello with this cutting-edge simulator! Dex/Att growth.

Alley Brawler -- A fighting game with fierce competition. Due to it's limited but highly versetile caste of characters, it doesn't just test your skill but your ability to read your opponent. Raises Dexterity and Attunement

SOUL CLASH -- TEST THE MIGHT OF YOUR SOUL AGAINST YOUR FRIENDS! MAKE THEM BOW DOWN TO YOUR SUPERIOR MAGE-PEEN. att/ess growth

THE TRUNADE -- 25% chance to get a random minor enchanted item, 10% to get a more powerful one!*

*chances may not be exact and can be adjusted by owner.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 06:14:58 pm by ragnarok97071 »
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 18, 2018, 10:25:59 am »

More violin practice (Att) for the free block.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: February 18, 2018, 10:29:37 am »

Dom trains his Dex.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #351 on: February 18, 2018, 10:38:07 am »

gotta get that tasty int
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: February 18, 2018, 11:07:27 am »

Between classes, sitting within his room, Alex meditated. One hand resting in the rich, blessed earth of the herb garden; the other raise up near his chest, right over his heart.
Bind the energy, prepare for synthesis, the Nymph carves the Tablet.
He can feel the roots of the World Tree, both everywhere and nowhere, faintly now as always. They wrap around the students at the Uiversity. Some they flinch away from, but Alex forces them back. Pain must be conquered, knowledge must grow.
Look upon the Compsite God, listen to the pulse of the City, the Old Gods live beneath the bayou. Hear them, Son of Man, hear them.

Alex opens his eyes and, for a brief second, sees from the tip of each root of the world tree. The merest glimpse of the divine. Then the light in his eyes fades, his soul shrinks back from the glorious bonfire it was; though it is still longer than before. He stands up and smiles, brushing the leaves from his hair.

Free Block on Essence
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 18, 2018, 03:53:19 pm »

Week 3 Results

Spoiler: Lilly Mycroft (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Scarlet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Albert (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dom (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bernie (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Alexander (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bojangles* (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Idunna (click to show/hide)

Still need a Free Block action for Bojangles.
Begin Weekend.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: February 18, 2018, 04:57:31 pm »

Skill choice: Blood Potency
Saturday: Check out the Crystal Rose
Sunday: Study Vitaethurgy at Alfrbok

The week had passed without much of note - Lilly studied and did well on a Magical Theory test! That was nice. She'd been antsy waiting for the weekend though - she'd heard about some nice new places her dormmates had found, and wanted to check them out... but those scientists had asked her to come back after learning some magic, so she had to devote at least some time to that. She'd chatted up her brother about it and he suggested this "Vitaethurgy" thing - it seemed like something she could reasonably try and was probably safer for her than something like elementalism (don't want to accidentally cast fireball when you and your roommate are human kindling now do you?). Sunday though, she meant to check out this 'mystic' shop. Maybe there'd be something interesting there?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 08:43:40 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: February 18, 2018, 05:50:23 pm »

Saturday: Arcade, Cello Protagonist
Sunday: Development at Alfrbok
Bernie heads out to the common room, having just put her violin back in its case after her usual early-morning practice. She looks cheery this morning, and looks around for anyone in the common room.
"Hey, uh, so guys. Remember that arcade we found last week? I may head over there, chill out for the day, try it out, and go for crunch time on Sunday; y'know, class tests and all that. Anyone wanna come with?"

Mistwing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: February 18, 2018, 06:18:41 pm »

Saturday: Arcade with Bernie
Sunday: Crystal Rose

Idunna laid on her stomach, spread across the sofa, with her face half-mushed against the cushions. She half raised her head and looked at Bernie through a curtain of golden hair. "Sign me up. I could really blow off some steam. This whole... academic lifestyle isn't good for me."
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 06:20:22 pm by Mistwing »
----
INTO YOU DIRECTLY

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: February 18, 2018, 06:28:06 pm »

"You don't look too peachy there, Idunna. You okay? Something happen?"

Mistwing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: February 18, 2018, 06:34:06 pm »

Idunna raised her left arm into the air, showing Bernie two golden-glowing runes interlinked with one another on the underside of her forearm. "I've been practicing writing words instead of just single runes and training to maintain a flow of Seiğr, build some kind of stamina. Y'know?"
----
INTO YOU DIRECTLY

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: February 18, 2018, 07:16:21 pm »

Bernie lifts an eyebrow, tilting her head to get a clearer look.
"Does that hurt, tattooing those onto your arm?"
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 68