Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we skip forward to the end of the Prologue?

No, I want to keep going week by week.
Yes, bring on the VIOLENCE!

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 68

Author Topic: Eventide University IC: The Fourth Awakening  (Read 31904 times)

Mistwing

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing too much to keep up
    • View Profile
Re: Eventide University IC: Week 2 - GATOR SAUSAGE
« Reply #330 on: February 17, 2018, 05:07:41 am »

Idunna had spent sunday morning asking around who was interested in visiting the library they'd found last weekend and herding the lot together into a vaguely organized group before taking off. Herself and Alex at the head -- one a bit further ahead than strictly necessary because vampire -- as they headed through the city. Idunna pointing things out to the group at large and thinking aloud very cheerfully, discussing plans and the places found during saturdays exploratory expedition.

Alfrbok wasn't an imposing building. An expensive looking old city villa with a worn wooden facade and three floors that seemed to lean just slightly, or maybe that was just the imagination of the onlookers. It'd be easy to dismiss as some old and worn down residence if it wasn't for the only partially functioning hologram sign over the door, slightly lop-sided itself.

ALFRBOK
Volumes Arcane

Once inside, guests were greeted with an oppressive quiet - so thick you could cut it with a knife - and a musky but homely atmosphere. The hallway had been modified to a sort of improvised storefront. A counter window set into the right hand wall. Behind the stacks of books on the counter sharp eyes could glimpse the bell-topped tips of a two-headed witches hat and virtually nothing else. Still, when the door closed behind the group a monotone but not unfriendly voice came from within the book-fort.

"Welcome to Alfrbok. If you're looking for anything specific let me know. Be careful with the books, some of them are older than the state, 'Kay?" A single intensely yellow eye looking over a stack of books at them at the final word, making sure they were listening.

The library itself was not so much a library as a private residence where every room on the first two floors had been converted into a study and storage space for what seemed to be endless volumes. The sheer amount of them and the conservation of space made shelves rather limited in use. Mostly there were stacks and piles containing the less asked for grimoires and manuscripts while the more popular texts were organized in neated rows with seemingly mathematical precision. The place practically oozed with organized chaos and a feeling of privacy and secrecy.
Is your sexual purity worth more than bringing the dead back to life!?
----
I'M INSERTING MY DOUBLE MAXIMUM REPEATING WIND
INTO YOU DIRECTLY

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 17, 2018, 08:58:35 am »

"Man....this really looks like one of those ancient libraries from the movies..."
Bernie mutters, almost under her breath, as she looks around. She was used to rather modern libraries and such, so seeing a place like this, a proper magical library, was something she wasn't quite used to.

Mistwing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 17, 2018, 11:57:18 am »

Idunna took a deep breath, tasting the air. "Smells like magic." She declared, moving in past the witch hidden behind the counter into the library, looking around. She began to pace the walls, reading titles at random under her breath. "Got a lot more... atmosphere than the school library, for sure. Feels like you could uncover one of those mystical tomes from the stories here."
----
INTO YOU DIRECTLY

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #333 on: February 17, 2018, 11:59:21 am »

"I wouldn't dream of hurting anything." She was aware that she probably didn't look like the type you wanted messing about with fragile tomes, but she could be careful. On the topic of the tomes, however, it was fairly rapidly dawning on her that most of what she could find was likely far beyond her level. Maybe they had some standalone volumes. . . ?

She perused the shelves for a while, eventually settling on one that looked like it could be understood by someone that didn't look like a stereotypical fantasy wizard, five foot eyebrows and all. Wasn't going to be easy focusing with a guard over her head, though. . .
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 17, 2018, 12:54:55 pm »

Sitting in the magic circle and waiting for results, Lilly finds she does in fact have a wifi signal and shoots a text at Scarlet.
Spoiler: Text (click to show/hide)
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #335 on: February 17, 2018, 12:59:43 pm »

Scarlet's phone beeped, prompting her to quickly mute the device before looking to see what the actual notification was. Once it was, she carefully put down the tome she'd selected and typed out a reply.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 17, 2018, 01:06:20 pm »

The doctors didn't seem to have issue with her texting, so she continued.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #337 on: February 17, 2018, 01:53:49 pm »

GM of Trespassers V2.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 17, 2018, 01:56:15 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sigtext!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 17, 2018, 02:03:34 pm »

Dom takes a look around as he enters Parkway.... Yep, this place looks old. But that's part of the charm. He liked it, was like visiting his uncle's hunting cabin but with less racist jokes... He hoped. He soon finds a seat for himself at one of those two person tables. He quickly is struck with the thought that this looks kind of pathetic. He probably should have gotten someone to come with him... oh well.

Mistwing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 17, 2018, 02:09:48 pm »

[DM MODE!]

Dom soon found himself essentially accosted by a curly haired waitress not much older than he was in a old fashioned uniform. "All on yer lonesome, dahlin'?" her southern twang was almost violent. "What can I help ya with?" no one paid the young man much attention. In fact, the place seemed to gather a motley crowd of missfits of all ages. He was rather normal compared to some.
----
INTO YOU DIRECTLY

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 17, 2018, 02:20:53 pm »

Dom smile's politely at the young woman. He leans back to better talk to her before speaking.
"Yes Ma'am, do y'all have sweet tea? If ya do Ah'd like a glass of that. And if it's no trouble Ah'd like ta order tha Gator Sausage."

Mistwing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 17, 2018, 02:23:48 pm »

The waitress smiled sweetly, though there was a hint of something else in there. The kind of smile you get when someone stubs their toe. "Brave soul. Will that be all?" She was taking down the order on the pad she carried. "Water? It's pretty spicey, I'll warn ya."
----
INTO YOU DIRECTLY

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 17, 2018, 02:31:57 pm »

Dom thinks for a bit before shaking his head. The sweet tea woud be better for it than water.
"Naw, I'm good. Thanks though."

Mistwing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: February 17, 2018, 02:38:09 pm »

The waitress just shrugged. "Al'righ dahlin'. I'll bring it right out." and she whisked away. It wasn't long until she came back - this time with a scarf wrapped around her nose, mouth and neck - and with the eyes of half the restaurant on her. She carried a tray with a large glass of sweet tea and what appeared to be a small dragon. Oh. Wait. No. That's just a giant green sausage with.. are those scales? Probably not, right? One thing was for sure, though. When she set it down in front of Dom the smell of it burned his face like sunlight. "Ya let me know if ya need anythin' else."
----
INTO YOU DIRECTLY
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 68