Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we skip forward to the end of the Prologue?

No, I want to keep going week by week.
Yes, bring on the VIOLENCE!

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 68

Author Topic: Eventide University IC: The Fourth Awakening  (Read 31898 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Eventide University IC: Week 1 - Albert Likes INT
« Reply #285 on: February 13, 2018, 05:33:05 pm »

Dom switches the channel to some form of cartoon network. He looks up at Lilly's offer and shakes his head.
"Nah, boiled drinks are too bitter for me."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: February 13, 2018, 05:56:36 pm »

Bernie waves at Lilly as she walks in, before continuing to absentmindedly practice.
"I had some coffee already, I'm good. So, you guys had a good week?"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 13, 2018, 08:09:14 pm »

"Yep! I expected things to be way worse than they have been, to be honest, but things have been surprisingly good." The implications were probably fairly obvious. Lilly prepared the tea fairly quickly - and it wasn't the stuff you get at a convenience store either, it was the fancy tea she'd brought from home - and handed Idunna a mug before sitting on a chair with a decent view of the TV. "This magic theory stuff is really interesting, apart from the stuff for my major. I knew a bit of the basics from my brother but it's different learning from someone who actually knows how to teach."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: February 13, 2018, 09:06:38 pm »

Scarlet had awoken fairly early; she'd made her trip to the grocery store after classes Friday and had planned on making breakfast for the rest of the dorm section. She was met with a small amount of perturbation to discover that someone else had already done so; not that it was a bad thing, per se, but it left her with an awkwardly unoccupied block of time. She idly nibbled at a sausage as she wandered back toward her room, only to encounter another individual.

"Oh, hey, Albert. What are you up to?" She hadn't spoken with him much that she could recall; not out of any particular avoidance, though he was a bit. . . odd. He did seem bothered by something, though what it could be was anyone's guess.
"Oh! Scarlet!" Good. Good? Maybe. Talking with people. Ignore the figures creeping out the hallway. Ignore the cold, clawed grip on your wrists and ankles. Talk to people. Lower lip lightly bit. Answer the question, you nutcase. "Not..." Back suddenly arches up straight with a chill. There's something at the edge of your peripheral vision. Nope. Nope, not dealing with this. Procure a pure white pill from the packet, pop it. Tastes of nothing. You feel normal. Your shake your wrists in circles to rid them of that cold feeling. "... much."
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #289 on: February 13, 2018, 09:44:07 pm »

Scarlet elected not to comment on Albert's behaviors. Signs of mental illness, drug addiction, or both? She was leaning toward the former, since most addicts wouldn't brazenly pop pills in front of people they'd only known for a week, but who knew? Either way, it wouldn't be particularly polite to say anything. Still. . . "Anything I can help you with, by the way? You seem distracted." There. Not too prying, but subtly extending a hand nonetheless.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Zacha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: February 13, 2018, 10:17:41 pm »

The first week of class had been... interesting. It had apparently seemed to the rest of Bojangles's classmates considered his wizarding hat outdated and silly. Some people in the hallway had even found it borderline offensive. The teacher, however, had almost rolled on the floor laughing and then gave it a huge thumbs-up, which he took to mean encouragement to continue to wear it. So he did... pretty much everywhere. It had very rapidly become a part of his Look™, so he owned it. And why not? It was a darn cool hat, after all.

Another very interesting thing had occurred--someone had asked him if he was trying out for the football team. While it hadn't initially been in his plans, he'd realized that football would be great fun and so he tried out--and made it! Now all he needed to do was refresh himself on the rules of football. He'd played a bit in high school, but football season and duck season overlapped and he'd never really thought much about the former when the latter was happening. Out here, though, he already had his Gone Fishin' club--turns out, he wasn't the only one who enjoyed a food fresh-caught catfish--so football would be a good way to stay fit.

Today, he wandered towards the library, preparing to study up on the rule- and play-books of the team he'd be working with, and spotted the others hanging around. He approached with a wave and a grin. "Hey, everyone! How's th' first week treated y'all? As good as it deeyid me, ah hope!" He held up his copy of the playbook to make the announcement. "Ah made th' football team!"
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 02:07:45 am by Zacha »

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 13, 2018, 10:33:05 pm »

Scarlet elected not to comment on Albert's behaviors. Signs of mental illness, drug addiction, or both? She was leaning toward the former, since most addicts wouldn't brazenly pop pills in front of people they'd only known for a week, but who knew? Either way, it wouldn't be particularly polite to say anything. Still. . . "Anything I can help you with, by the way? You seem distracted." There. Not too prying, but subtly extending a hand nonetheless.
"Oh, yeah! Just, get to know eachother a little better, you know. I've been swamped with work all week, haha." Rub hands. Friction, warmth. Mind returning to normal. Stable. The things are still there, but they're fainter. Ignorable. "Is that alright? I know how uncomfortable everyone is with me. I wish to alleviate that."
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #292 on: February 13, 2018, 10:46:05 pm »

"You're telling me." Offputting behavior was one thing, but "would probably eat your face" tended to be a damper on social interactions. Not that Scarlet was too cut up about it - it was for the best, really - but solitude being less enforced wouldn't have exactly hurt her experience. "Speaking of work, they've got me slated for some kind of experiment in. . . half an hour?" She pulled out her phone for the briefest moment, nodding when the display confirmed her estimate. Thirty-eight minutes, more exactly, but close enough. "But yeah, ask whatever questions you've got."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 14, 2018, 12:05:22 am »

Alex spent his week working in class, focusing hard on studying. He wasn't about to goof off and fuck around the very first week of school. That would be unbecoming, and kill his momentum at the start. Much better, he theorized, too have a strong foundation for later in the semester. Then he could slack off a little and focus on fun. Not that his classes weren't interesting or fun. His Law class in particular was a source of interest. The law library here was, as he had expected, much larger than the ones in his home town. He had only scratched the surface of the 'mortal' collection, and that was before he even got into the infernal and fae sections.

Within this busy schedule he managed to carve out some time for relaxation though. The pottery class he was taking was proving to be more interesting than he had hoped, and perhaps useful for personal projects in the future. Music class with Bernie was a good time, that girl could fucking play, and he even had some time to socialize and network. He quickly became a common sight among the many disprate groups of freshman, talking and laughing and generally insinuating himself into the student body. By the end of that week he was on fairly good terms with most other freshmen, providing a good social net for Alex to move between

When the weekend finally came Alex decided to Explore the area around the college and then, once he had a good lay of the land Study Law a bit more. He had plans that required more space than the school could provide, and if he was lucky he could find an abandoned building or cheap warehouse easily. And even if he didn't, exploring in an area that had those things would lead to an adventure. As for the studying? Hey, he has a passion.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Mistwing

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing too much to keep up
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 14, 2018, 01:32:45 am »

Idunna didn't comment much on her first week while the others were talking. Just continued to weave a brightly gleaming braid (somehow being brought together like that just made the hair reflect light more) and listening. Though she did take the cup with a quiet  "Thanks." As she ran out of braid to excuse her from the conversation though, she was rescued by B-bob. She immediately shot to her feet with a bounce like an acrobat. "Congratulations, big guy!" she started, pattering on up and giving him a playful punch to the shoulder. "Hey. We were thinking of having a look around the city. Got any places to recommend?" She didn't ask him to show them around. Rather, as soon as he'd mentioned a place or two worth seeing she slunk off to the room to acquire shoes and clothes that would not boil her alive. Time to get going!
Is your sexual purity worth more than bringing the dead back to life!?
----
I'M INSERTING MY DOUBLE MAXIMUM REPEATING WIND
INTO YOU DIRECTLY

Zacha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 14, 2018, 02:25:09 am »

B-Bob grinned and had to think for a moment. "Wayll... eeyif yer goin' into th' city, ya gotta go to Parkway fer lunch. Ask 'em fer a James Brown if y'lahk shrimp--an' who don't lahk shrimp?" Pause. "Er, unless yer 'llergic, ah guess. But they got more po'boys'n you ken sneeze at, an' that's a fact. Even got gator sausage." He couldn't help but lick his lips a little bit, thinking about it. His mouth was watering already. "Ah'll have ta join yew folks some other tahm, though," he said, refusing to give in to temptation. "Ah got me a whole big playbook ta mem'rahz."

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 14, 2018, 02:41:12 am »

Alex finds himself walking by B-Bob and Idunna as he passes through the corridors of the university. He pauses for a moment and catches mention of 'gator sausages' which he mouths in disbelief.
"Pardon me, but did I hear you were going out into the city Idunna? I was also planning an excursion out, and unless my guess is quite fucking off then both the location that Bob, the Local With Added Alliterative Appeal, mentioned and the type of neighborhood I was attempting to reconnoiter should be close. Actually, the former should be nestled in the latter like a Russian Nesting Doll. Probably.
 Hopefully.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Mistwing

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing too much to keep up
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 14, 2018, 03:23:32 am »

Idunna was in the process of stepping into her shoes, having re-emerged in a baggy but short t-shirt and torn one-legged jeans. She put a hand on Alex shoulder for balance (B-bob was too tall) when responding. "Wanna come get some gator sausage, Alex?" she pronounced 'gator sausage' in a imitation of B-bob, all smiles and giggles. "Dom and Bernie are coming too unless I'm totally kidding myself. You should come. It'll make us like 40% classier."
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 08:41:47 am by Mistwing »
Is your sexual purity worth more than bringing the dead back to life!?
----
I'M INSERTING MY DOUBLE MAXIMUM REPEATING WIND
INTO YOU DIRECTLY

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 14, 2018, 08:41:34 am »

Bernie shrugs.
"Yeah. I can get further developing tomorrow. I'll come explore the place today, you know? Make it an adventure."
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 08:43:33 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 14, 2018, 09:03:41 am »

Lilly sort of awkwardly coughs before speaking. You know what, she told herself, if you don't try then they'll never get comfortable with you. Well that's sort of difficult anyway, considering you're a blood-sucking vampire who has a general urge to eat people, but that's beside the point. Maybe getting used to is better phrasing. Anyway! Most of them seem at least OK with the concept of her being there, but Idunna never seemed quite the same talking to her as with others.

"Uh... I was going out anyway, today, so do you mind much if I come along with you guys?" she asked, trying to hide the nerves.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 68