Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we skip forward to the end of the Prologue?

No, I want to keep going week by week.
Yes, bring on the VIOLENCE!

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 68

Author Topic: Eventide University IC: The Fourth Awakening  (Read 31889 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Eventide University IC: Week 1 - Albert Likes INT
« Reply #270 on: February 13, 2018, 07:32:42 am »

Lilly mostly got the hang of how the school was laid out when she could, often accompanied by her brother. She spent a lot of time with him in general really. Unfortunately, many people weren't as oddly ok with her... condition, as the people on the floor - she noticed a variety of reactions from simply keeping distance to barely or not at all veiled disgust. Of course, the probably armed guards she had to keep with her likely didn't help things, nor was the fact that in her hungrier moments she caught her gaze drifting places it shouldn't. Nothing happened but it made Lilly uncomfortable.

Apart from her brother she did try to hang out with the others on the floor when she could, generally keeping a respectful distance that didn't make the guards (or herself, for that matter) uncomfortable, unless it was with Scarlet who she didn't have to worry about suddenly having the urge to eat. Lilly wanted to be social even if her condition kept her from getting too close to people. Unless, of course, they started asking about how she came to her current state - at which point she would generally get quiet and mutter something about looking it up. She wasn't comfortable talking about that. She wasn't sure she ever would be.

Many of her free blocks were spent trying to figure out how her body had changed - she knew she had increased physical abilities, so the gym seemed a good place for that!
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 13, 2018, 08:59:42 am »

Weekend 1

Weekends generally either consist of events or free days.

On an Event weekend, I'll post what the event is and what will be required for it.

on a Free weekend, I'll just post that it's a free weekend and give any optional time-limited actions that can be taken that weekend.

On any weekend, you can take one action for each day (so 2 in total), and these actions can be any of the following:

Rest: Recovers fatigue, which can be gained by taking certain actions.
Study: Raise a single attribute by .2 or a proficiency by 2, or two of such by half as much, with the same mechanics as taking a class in that subject.
Explore: Go out on the town and see if you can find anything interesting. Consumes a day and generates Fatigue, but may result in useful discoveries.
Development: Attempt to refine your own natural magic to produce a new innate skill. Gains bonuses from having a tutor or some other source of knowledge about your potential abilities.

The weekend is also where most free role-play will take place outside of events, so feel free to interact with your fellow students at this time.

Week 2 will begin tomorrow, February 14th. Please wrap up any RP and have your weekend activities posted by then.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 13, 2018, 10:58:20 am »

Albert threw himself into his studies. The kind of passionate, fiery sort of immersion in academia that was plain to see was unsustainable. Give it a month or two, and it would be impossible to maintain - surely. But whether such a mental barrier existed for the strange young student was yet to be determined - at the very least, his face was always stoic when studying, expression formed into a mask of determination. More often than not, Albert's half of the room was filled with notes, papers, books and notebooks, teetering on the edge of Chaos and Order, a personalized garbage dump that smelt of newly formed knowledge and a hint of alcohol. He threw himself into his studies and had certainly come out the other side looking like it.

The weekend started innocuous. Wake up. Brush teeth. Wash face. Stare at the mirror and see a bleeding eye on the wall behind. Ah, wait, no. That was a lie, it didn't start innocuous at all. Albert turned to the sneering bathroom wall. He bit his lip, unable to look away from the red fluid pooling on the floor. He bit his lip because he had to stop himself from asking it to leave. Eyes tear themselves towards the door. Was Billiam outside? What would he think if he heard Albert talking to himself in the bathroom? A hassle. Albert sped out the bathroom with one last look of frustration at the indescribable thing. He grabbed a packet from the shelf and the laptop sitting on his bed and tried not to think about how many pairs of footsteps he heard thumping behind him. Maybe he could go Explore, find somewhere to eat, a coffee shop, any distraction would do. It was too early for this.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 11:00:33 am by Sl4cker »
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Mistwing

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing too much to keep up
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 13, 2018, 11:24:13 am »

Idunna had woken the same way she always did. Probably before everyone else. A quick run, a quicker shower, and some time spent applying woad -- Bernie would've discovered the intricate patterns flowing across her roomie's skin was not a tattoo but carefully applied body paint -- and then breakfast. As had apparently become a habit, she cooked enough of it to feed more than just her and left what she didn't eat on the stove on low enough heat not to burn but stay hot. Omelettes and sausages this time.

The girl herself was balled up in a eggshell white hoodie dress - too large and very very comfortable looking - on the couch in front of the tv, watching both the screen and her phone as she tried to zero in on some vague goal for the exploring she had in mind for the day.
Is your sexual purity worth more than bringing the dead back to life!?
----
I'M INSERTING MY DOUBLE MAXIMUM REPEATING WIND
INTO YOU DIRECTLY

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 13, 2018, 11:38:58 am »

Bernie, of course, probably woke up about as early as Idunna, for different reasons; with Bernie, it was likely she woke up to go off, find somewhere where she wouldn't disturb anyone, and then practice her violin, possibly grab a bite from a vending machine or something on the way.

The violin, for Bernie, was more than a hobby, but practically her life. She wouldn't say she was obsessed with music, to the detriment of all else, but certainly, she didn't expect anyone to quite understand her love for music. She wasn't quite sure she did, herself.

After returning, she likely heads off to the library first to take out some of the assigned reading for Magical Theory, then back to the common room. After all, she'd learned from years of the violin that reading all about something and memorization was all well and good, but the best way to practice, to develop magic was to do. In any case, she was enjoying learning about the supernatural side of her upbringing, after not really getting much of it from her own supernatural family.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: February 13, 2018, 12:41:17 pm »

Dom wakes up at about 8, having his set his alarm an hour later that usual. His first action is to look at himself in the camera of his phone and see if there's anything off about his look. Deciding that there is, he goes and takes a shower before quickly getting dressed in his usual outfit. Today he has a blue shirt instead of a white one. With that done he goes out to grab some breakfast and watch TV. He sits across the couch from Idunna, eating silently.

Dom was considering where he could Explore today.

Mistwing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 13, 2018, 01:22:20 pm »

Idunna looks up to Dom when he sits down, tearing her eyes from the screen of her phone and focusing on him through a curtain of gold hair. "Any plans?" she greeted. "Didn't know how you guys liked your eggs so I just made them all the same." she added, referring to the omelettes.
----
INTO YOU DIRECTLY

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 13, 2018, 01:33:02 pm »

Dom shrugs. He takes another bite of his food before swallowing and speaking.
"I was thinking of wandering around. See what's around the area. Also the eggs are fine."
Dom takes another bite, chewing for a while before turning to Idunna.
"What about you, what are you planning?"

Mistwing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 13, 2018, 01:55:56 pm »

Idunna gave a idle, patient sort of smile. "Looking for places to go check out. I figured I might as well find all the interesting places if I'm going to be living here." she put the phone away with a sigh. "The problem is... the coolest places won't show up on a tourist list. I should ask the big guy." B-Bob was local, after all.
----
INTO YOU DIRECTLY

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 13, 2018, 03:31:53 pm »

Bernie looks up from her studies towards the others.
"Oh, you're going around to see places? Mind if I come with later?"

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 13, 2018, 03:50:34 pm »

Dom nods.
"By the way, are you actually watching the TV?"

Mistwing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 13, 2018, 03:56:06 pm »

Idunna looked over her shoulder, spotting Bernie. "Welcome back! Help yourself" gesturing to the stove. "The more the merrier." She turned back to Dom. "No. I was but you may assume direct control of the airwaves."
----
INTO YOU DIRECTLY

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #282 on: February 13, 2018, 04:28:00 pm »

Scarlet had awoken fairly early; she'd made her trip to the grocery store after classes Friday and had planned on making breakfast for the rest of the dorm section. She was met with a small amount of perturbation to discover that someone else had already done so; not that it was a bad thing, per se, but it left her with an awkwardly unoccupied block of time. She idly nibbled at a sausage as she wandered back toward her room, only to encounter another individual.

"Oh, hey, Albert. What are you up to?" She hadn't spoken with him much that she could recall; not out of any particular avoidance, though he was a bit. . . odd. He did seem bothered by something, though what it could be was anyone's guess.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 13, 2018, 04:28:46 pm »

It was around this point, that Lilly arrived as well, accompanied as usual by the guards. She stifled a yawn - she'd never really been a morning person, even before becoming a species generally considered to be nocturnal. She zombie-d over to the kitchen and started heating some water for tea or coffee or whatever beverage. It took her a few moments to register the other people. "Anyone want something to drink? Coffee or tea or something?" she asked. She'd heard the bits about going to explore from outside, but wasn't entirely sure she'd be welcome if she asked to come. Idunna hadn't seemed comfortable with her or Scarlet. Not that Lilly blamed her at all, she thought as she adjusted the choker to be a bit more comfortable - a nervous habit she'd begun to start doing pretty much whenever her condition came to mind.

That day, Lilly meant to Explore a bit, assuming the guards would allow it. She was curious about the surrounding area and she could do that reading later. Lilly also had plans to Develop her knowledge of what she was - she had no clue what it was she could do, besides that she wasn't what Scarlet was, so she figured looking through some common traits shared by vampires would be smart. Best to not be surprised she could do something and then panic when she triggered it by accident.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Mistwing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 13, 2018, 04:37:33 pm »

Lily was met with a blue-green eye peeking through untamed golden bangs. But it wasn't until she spoke to the room at large that Idunna actually greeted her. "Good morning! I wouldn't mind some tea if you're boiling water anyway.." She idly began to gather up and braid her hair, watching the TV without actually seeing anything.
----
INTO YOU DIRECTLY
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 68