Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we skip forward to the end of the Prologue?

No, I want to keep going week by week.
Yes, bring on the VIOLENCE!

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 68

Author Topic: Eventide University IC: The Fourth Awakening  (Read 31887 times)

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
Re: Eventide University IC: Enter the Angst Vortex
« Reply #255 on: February 11, 2018, 04:19:23 am »

Alex has gone into full fucking laid back mode the second they enter the Chik-A-Fill. Its a good front that hopefully pulls attention off him while he takes a close look around the restraunt. He didn't know this group too well, but he would be fucked if they got screwed over by some bigots. He keeps a close eye on the general mood of the restraunt as he looks at the menu. The second someone tries to starts some shit, they'll face the full anger of a lawyer.

"Just a chicken sandwich is alright for me Dom. And some waffle fries on the side."
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 11, 2018, 12:30:33 pm »

"I'll have the same."
Bernie silently thanks whatever gods exist that she didn't have to act unnatural to fit in, unlike the vampires. She just had to be herself; in this case, university student from out of town just passing by for food.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 11, 2018, 04:13:21 pm »

Dom heads off to the counter and orders. He stands around for a while before grabbing a bunch of... Milkshakes? Wait, looks like it's the "frosted Lemonades" for everyone. He sets them down on the table and gestures for people to take them as he's too busy drinking his.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #258 on: February 11, 2018, 04:26:23 pm »

Scarlet shrugged and took a sip. She didn't really see herself finishing the drink; not because she didn't like it (it was alright, but being turned seemed to have messed with her palate a bit) but because she just didn't particularly have typical thirst or hunger any more. Mostly, she continued to just watch the others in the group and the rest of the people in the restaurant.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 11, 2018, 04:31:19 pm »

Lilly mutters some thanks to Dom as she takes the drink. "So, how long do you think until we get the food?" Lilly says, before starting to drink. She'd always enjoyed lemonade so this was fairly nice.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 11, 2018, 09:03:23 pm »

Bojangles nodded along at the talk of psychology. The thought of having to pick some other type of degree hadn't quite occurred to him--he'd figured that gaining a mastery of magic would be a degree in itself. He'd have to think some more as to whether he also wanted to go for something additional.

He had to admit, he wasn't entirely certain he liked Billiam either, but he let the guy keep using it for now. "Ah'm supprahsed y'meeyissed it," he answered, shifting in the seat and pulling his harmonica from his back pocket. "Ah'm pretty good at theeyiss li'l thang, if ah do say so mahself." He blew a quick scale up and down to demonstrate.
"Ah! How... rustic!" He definitely cares. Waver body slightly. Hair flopping about. "You really are a blast from the past, from that, er, whatever that is," Point at VHS device (not knowing what a VHS device is), "To- you know, the whole- your whole aesthetic! Mhm. That's not a bad thing, though, you know. 'ts, real good." Another smile.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Zacha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 11, 2018, 11:45:18 pm »

Bojangles glanced over his shoulder to the music player and gestured with his thumb, eyebrows raising a little in surprise. "That? That's a cassette player. 's good fer playin' tunes when yer magic don' lahk modern technology." He shrugged a little with a grin. "Ah guess ah wouldn' know too much about what's old fashioned nowadays. Momma sometahms dresses lahk y'see in some o' them real old photographs when she feels lahk draggin' Pop out fer a date naht."

The rumbling in his stomach gave him a moment of pause, and he glanced down, then up at the fridge and walked over to open it. "...We ain't gone shoppin' yet," he said, noting the emptiness of the icy foodlocker with inflections of disappointment and frustration. "Ah tell yew what, 'f ah ain't got food in me soon Ah'mma shoot somethin' mahself an' eat it rare."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 12, 2018, 07:02:46 am »

"I feel like we should get our food to go. Don't think there's much to talk safely out here."
Bernie says after uttering thanks for the lemonade.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 12, 2018, 01:41:09 pm »

"I mean, we have to wait for it anyways."
Dom checks his watch. Assuming no one has anything else to say the group gets their food and heads back to Eventide without incident.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 12, 2018, 01:49:14 pm »

"I could pay for it if you want." Lilly offers, but otherwise makes no objection to leaving.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 12, 2018, 07:59:37 pm »

Quote from: Mechanics
Each week where you take a particular course, you gain the following benefits:
.1 point of advancement in an attribute
1 point of advancement in a Non-Knowledge Proficiency
1+(1/10 of Intellect) points of advancement in a Knowledge Proficency.

Additionally, for each class, roll 1d100. if you roll over your current rating in that proficiency, you gain an extra point. This is to represent the fact that you grow fastest when there is more left for you to learn, and it's harder to refine your skills that you're already amazing at without special circumstances. In the grand example of Fire Emblem, I'll only be posting the actual gains you make over the week in the actual IC post.

Spoiler: Lilly (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Scarlet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Albert (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dom (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bernie* (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Alexander* (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bojangles* (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Idunna (click to show/hide)

Characters with a (*) by their name have undeclared Free Blocks. These can be declared anew each week, but should be either placed bolded in your primary post regarding what you were doing over the course of the schoolweek, or simply DMed to me. You can choose a single stat or skill, and it's raised by one point (or .1 for attributes).
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 11:13:57 pm by ragnarok97071 »
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: Eventide University IC: Week 1 - Albert Likes INT
« Reply #266 on: February 13, 2018, 01:15:50 am »

Scarlet spent most of her week familiarizing herself with the layout of the campus and generally settling in. Having guards following her everywhere was. . . a bit unsettling, really. She normally wasn't particularly socially anxious, but she didn't feel incredibly keen on befriending them despite the one's apparent friendliness - in fact, the small incident with Dom combined with the veneer only made her more suspicious of the man. Fair? Probably not, but it was hard to trust someone whose job was mainly to kill your ass if you stepped out of line.

The spare time she had that wasn't spent on the above was devoted to catching up on the news and putting together a grocery list. Neither her nor her roommate particularly needed to eat (though she occasionally wondered how exactly the school was sourcing their rather unique diet) but she'd enjoyed cooking before she had been turned, and she wasn't going to give it up now.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 13, 2018, 02:11:37 am »

Dom was hardly around the school during his week. Well, he was around but between his hiking class and training up his endurance with laps around and through the school he wasn't available. That said, he quickly secured a minifridge off craigslist and stocked it with the ambrosia of energy drinks: Bawls. He also acquired some MREs from a military surplus store. He ended up semi-familiar with the area through his various ventures.

Mistwing

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing too much to keep up
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 13, 2018, 03:48:14 am »

Stocking up was the name of the game during the first week, apparently. While Dom was shopping privately and Scarlet simply planned on getting groceries Idunna had apparently gone out and stocked the fridge while the others were out that first afternoon. Morning on the first day of school greeted everyone in the dorm with oatmeal and bacon already finished on the stove (someone was an early riser) and a post it note on the suddenly stocked common room fridge.

Everything inside belongs to everybody. Except whatever is in the blue plastic box. That's mine. -Beu -Dunna

"Dunna" had put some thought into it too. Buying mostly catch-all groceries. Food easily made in large batches or packaged by serving. Anything that someone might be allergic (nuts, eggs and the like) in closed containers) lactose-free milk. Pulp-free juice. It was mostly raw ingredients or half-readymade food and sandwich fixings. But not exclusively. There was a stash of candybars and drinks for anyone that needed sugar or taurine to study.

She spent the rest of the week generally exploring campus and the town surrounding it whenever she had time - as well as bombarding other students in questions about their supernatural traits, more than a little starry eyed, until they showed signs of not wanting to answer at which point she quickly retreated - and generally being quite friendly. That is when she wasn't studying on her own after hours. She turned out to be quite diligent, really. Though it wasn't uncommon to find her doodling complicated patterns or startlingly realistic portraits in her notebooks when she couldn't concentrate on a particularly dense or dry text.

The only ones she seemed reserved with would be the vampires. But then, you couldn't expect someone that clearly had very little experience with other supernaturals to be immediately comfortable around people that eat people could you?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 04:16:49 am by Mistwing »
Is your sexual purity worth more than bringing the dead back to life!?
----
I'M INSERTING MY DOUBLE MAXIMUM REPEATING WIND
INTO YOU DIRECTLY

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 13, 2018, 06:09:11 am »

Bernie also spent much of her week familiarizing herself with the school's layout, as well as socializing when she could; talking with students, trying to get a feel for the place, what it was like, and possibly finding other people to practice with. After all, it was always useful to have someone around to critique her playing, and she wasn't quite sure her roommate or indeed most of the people she'd met were particularly any good at that.

Between music sessions (her favourite subject of the week) she'd found time to practice her violin in the few free blocks she'd had all week. She also spent much of her time catching up on the supernatural world she'd just about been recently introduced to. Bernie had a good enough work ethic (after all, one of the conditions she had to stay on her music scholarship was to keep her grades up as well as perform well in music) and so she studied as much as she needed to and then some, trying to make sense of concepts that had only before been described to her as 'instinct' by her mother and grandparents.

She tried to get used to everyone around her; the vampires seemed nice enough, even if her father had warned her not to get too close. But then again, her mother and grandparents were beings known in their home country for cursing those who displeased them with anything from insanity to genital warts to death, so it wasn't as if associating with the supernatural didn't come with its own dangers. Indeed, she was likely available for anyone to talk to on her floor, if they wanted.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 68