Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we skip forward to the end of the Prologue?

No, I want to keep going week by week.
Yes, bring on the VIOLENCE!

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 68

Author Topic: Eventide University IC: The Fourth Awakening  (Read 31868 times)

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
Re: Eventide University IC: Enter the Angst Vortex
« Reply #180 on: February 09, 2018, 04:09:35 am »

Alex replies to the message and makes his way towards the common room, networking and making small talk with anyone he finds along the way. Especially if they happen to be a blonde haired elf gal.

Spoiler: To Dominicus (click to show/hide)
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 09, 2018, 04:52:37 am »

Lilly had been about to respond when Scarlet got a text. ”So, who is it? Assuming that’s not private information.” she asks. She was assuming it was probably one of the ones they’d just talked to, but hey, maybe Scarlet has other contacts.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
Re: Eventide University IC
« Reply #182 on: February 09, 2018, 08:28:30 am »

Bojangles opened the door to his room, after a longer-than-necessary struggle with the key, and found his stuff all there already--all old suitcases, but none of them were in entirely terrible shape.
His stuff, however, had an alteration, and when he noticed the sticky notes on what was evidently his side of the room he narrowed his eyebrows and tilted his head, then turned to his roommate and waved, his expression changing to one of good-natured confusion. "Uh, hey, ah b'lieve we mayett earlier? You were nearbah, as ah recawl. Bojangles eeyiz mah name." He extended a hand to shake with his new friend, then turned back to his stuff. "Whah'd y'label mah stuff?" he asked, the question a curious one rather than an annoyed one, taking the sticky note off the bed and sticking it to his shoulder for the time being as he started to unpack.
As much as he'd wanted to bring his shotgun, he figured if there were marksmanship classes that firearms would be provided. That and if duck season rolled around he could always just drive home and grab it since the school was only a few hours from where he lived. What he did have, as he started getting things out and putting them on the unclaimed side, were several sets of old clothes, an old-fashioned washboard (?), a mechanical cassette player and small collection of tapes, (?!) a conical hat that was entirely too stereotypical to be taken seriously, a tablet with a solar charging unit, a few paper books, and a tacklebox full of bait with a pair of collapsible fishing poles attached. He hadn't brought too many decorations, having figured he was going to spend most of his time outside the room rather than inside it.
"Yew mahnd 'fah leeyissen t'some music?" he asked, holding up one of his tapes.
Ah. It's them. "Ah, Mister William!" Of course. Each psyche had a certain presence to it. A certain signature. Albert knew someone was coming in, and, thus, spun around. Pad of yellow sticky notes in hand. Standing in the kitchen. Smiling. "Excuse me. I didn't put anything on your stuff, I believe, but only our stuff. Your stuff is yours, such as your fishing tools, and our stuff is ours, such as the cabinet." He pulls up a seat in the small dining room. Gestures to it. "And my stuff is mine. Like the drugs. Come, have a seat! I don't mind at all, let's get to know eachother a little better. Relax."
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #183 on: February 09, 2018, 11:35:44 am »

"Nothing like that. Dom wants to get chicken. Did you want to come along?" She wasn't actually sure if the other girl could still eat normal food. Scarlet could, though she vaguely remembered being warned to avoid overeating at all costs at one point. "'Course, I was going to check with the guards if it was fine, first."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Zacha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 09, 2018, 11:43:50 am »

B-Bob blinked--the only people who ever called him William were his family, and while he understood it was the name he'd put on his form, "Ah perfer if y'call me somethin' else, 'fit's awl th' same t'yew." Again, a very easy-going, simple request. "William's too... deeyignifahd. Jes' 'bout anythin' else goes, though. Billy, Billy-Bob, B-Bob, Bojangles."

He put a tape in the player, and old country music started playing. Old country music, which was to be expected from such an ancient medium. He sat down in a chair to Albert's right, rather than across from him, and drummed his fingers on the table in time with the music for a moment with a grin. "Ah happen ta lahk th' letter B."
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 11:46:40 am by Zacha »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 09, 2018, 11:48:54 am »

”Sure, I don’t see why not. Hope they have something other than chicken, considering I’m a vegetarian.” she paused, the corrected herself. ”Was a vegetarian. The guards will probably insist on coming with us, you know.”
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 09, 2018, 12:27:54 pm »

B-Bob blinked--the only people who ever called him William were his family, and while he understood it was the name he'd put on his form, "Ah perfer if y'call me somethin' else, 'fit's awl th' same t'yew." Again, a very easy-going, simple request. "William's too... deeyignifahd. Jes' 'bout anythin' else goes, though. Billy, Billy-Bob, B-Bob, Bojangles."

He put a tape in the player, and old country music started playing. Old country music, which was to be expected from such an ancient medium. He sat down in a chair to Albert's right, rather than across from him, and drummed his fingers on the table in time with the music for a moment with a grin. "Ah happen ta lahk th' letter B."
"Billiam, then!" Albert smiles amiably. Hands clasped, placed on the table. Head turned to face roomie. "Billiam, Billiam. My man. My roommate. I am glad you have a fondness for the letter B. I have no such love for the letter A - as in, Albert - myself, but we make quite a team, don't we?" Hair moved out of the way. "A and B. Alpha and Beta. Albert and Billiam."
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #187 on: February 09, 2018, 12:30:52 pm »

Vegetarian? Now that was just unfortunate. "I'd be surprised if there wasn't. Shall we?" Scarlet stood and headed for the door, making a face for the briefest moment at her parasol as she tucked it under an arm.. She informed the guards of their destination; assuming it wasn't objectionable, she headed downstairs, texting a reply to Dom as she walked.
Spoiler: to Dom (click to show/hide)
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 09, 2018, 12:39:43 pm »

Indeed, Alex might run into Bernie, who's looking around for people. She seems a little startled, having not expected anyone to be around.
"Oh! Uh.....Alex, right?"

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 09, 2018, 12:43:46 pm »

Alex gives Bernie smile as they meet in the hallway, motioning forwards for her to come with him.

"Ah, yes, thats right. You're Berenice, right? Dom had suggested a expedition to a chicken group among the group from the assembly. You are more than welcome to join use, if you wish."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 09, 2018, 12:44:58 pm »

Bernie smiles right back to hide her nerves.

Inside, she was relieved. At least it might be a chance to get to know someone around here, maybe so she wouldn't be entirely alone.
"Uh, sure, I'm up for heading out. You guys going out now or are we waiting?"

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 09, 2018, 12:51:14 pm »

Alex pulls out his phone and smoothly maneuvers to his message app, showing Bernie the texts from Dom.

"I appears we are rendezvousing in Commons before going forthwith to Chik-A-Fil. I would perhaps suggest making any, ah, nontypical features less easily seen. I'm sure most of the workers there actually don't really care about Metatype, but you know the rather sordid reputation that place has."

« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 12:53:48 pm by mcclay »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 09, 2018, 12:57:54 pm »

"Well, shouldn't really be a problem for me, hiding supernatural features."
Bernie shrugs. Her ancestry wasn't exactly easy to discern from looking at her, anyway; you'd have to be in the know already to be aware of her nature.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 09, 2018, 01:32:38 pm »

"Thats good then, I can't run interference for everyone. Now, all we need to do is find our erstwhile guide and wait for the rest of our party to arrive."

He looks amongst the throngs of students in Commons, using sheer smug self confidence to clear a path with his presence. What a fucking pretentious douchebag.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 09, 2018, 02:28:00 pm »

Those searching for Dom would see his hat, waving above the heads of the other students. It would appear that he has seated himself in a comfy chair. Also one may note that this is the first time they've seen his hair since they've met him, the other times having it obscured underneath his hat.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 68