Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we skip forward to the end of the Prologue?

No, I want to keep going week by week.
Yes, bring on the VIOLENCE!

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 68

Author Topic: Eventide University IC: The Fourth Awakening  (Read 31866 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Eventide University IC
« Reply #165 on: February 08, 2018, 09:32:34 pm »

Lilly rubbed the back of her head. "I... I'm not really sure how to follow that. I could try to help you catch up on what you missed?" she offered.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: Eventide University IC: Enter the Angst Vortex
« Reply #166 on: February 08, 2018, 09:46:16 pm »

"That could help, yeah. Like I've heard that there are all kinds of half-whatevers running around now? Plus the whole magic thing, that was only a theory from what I remember." Of course she didn't know how to follow it, how do you follow up on "I've been a bloodsucking monster for more time than I actually got to be alive, and the only reason I'm still sane is that I can't remember it?" Scarlet was doing her best to maintain control, but the cracks in her composure that had opened earlier were still widening, despite her attempts toward covering them. The death grip she currently had on her chair, the now-noticeable quaver in her voice. . . Still, she told herself that having her own little sob story wasn't exactly going to fix anything.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 08, 2018, 09:55:19 pm »

Lilly stood up and took a few steps over. "Yeah. Second and Third Awakenings. We can talk about them in a bit. One thing first though..." Without waiting for a response she went down and gave the other vampire a hug - who cares, the girl definitely needed it, she was practically shaking. And she hadn't hugged anyone herself since she bit either, unless... nope, not going there. Nope. "I... sorry you just, really looked like you needed one..."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #168 on: February 08, 2018, 10:14:37 pm »

Scarlet was a little startled by the hug. Probably not as alarmed as a normal human suddenly having a vampire go for close physical contact with easy access to the neck, but she still wasn't expecting it. She returned the hug for a moment or two, then gently (but insistently) pressed Lilly back. "I, just, don't worry about me. I'm a big girl, I'll be fine." Probably a lie, considering how not-fine she was at that very moment. ". . . I appreciate the thought, though."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 08, 2018, 10:33:58 pm »

Lilly withdrew, still looking a tad concerned. "If you say so. I'm here to talk to if you need it, even if... I have no real idea how to handle this." she admitted. "So you were asking about the things you missed..." and another subject change... "The 'Second Awakening' wasn't as... dramatic, as the first one. Heck, I've heard some people say it doesn't count. Basically, it's what they called it when humans and Dimensional Beings started to... do what living things tend to do with things that vaguely resemble them. The kids from that often had both human traits and traits from their Dimensional Being parent. So you get like, an angel and a human together, their kid might have the wings and 'holy power' but not be able to fly as well or use the magic as powerfully. Assuming angels can procreate. I haven't actually looked into it."
Sigtext!

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #170 on: February 08, 2018, 10:41:02 pm »

"Isn't the Second Awakening kind of a dramatic name for people going around banging elves and stuff?" Scarlet chuckled a bit. . . even if it was still rather forced-sounding. "So is that where the whole 'people using magic' thing came from, or was that its own thing?"
GM of Trespassers V2.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 08, 2018, 10:56:50 pm »

"From what I know it's basically it's own thing. People started to figure out this 'thaumic science' thing, and now we've got mages who can do things that wouldn't be weird for Dimensional Beings. Basically lets anyone who studies enough do magic, instead of having to be born with it like the Demi-humans and Dimensional Beings. It's sort of hard and can cost a bunch but it's possible. That's how my brother got to come here with me."
Sigtext!

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #172 on: February 08, 2018, 11:07:00 pm »

"Makes sense. That's. . . that is weird to think about. Going to college for a degree in thaumic science? I mean, I'm signed up for classes, but a part of me is having a hard time believing it's real." Not that anything had felt real, lately. She was still worried that she was going to wake up and it was going to be another decade down the line, in some run-down hotel that smelled like rust and sadness. . . Definitely going to take some adjusting.
GM of Trespassers V2.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 09, 2018, 01:44:31 am »

Dom nods at that. He sits down on his bed for a few moments before getting up and leaving. Anyone that would follow him (or just watch him as get goes along) would find him heading to the common room where he loiters for a bit. He looks around for a few moments before opening his phone. He fiddles with it for a bit before seeming to send a text to someone. 

Scarlet would get a text from Dom.
Spoiler: Text for Scarlet (click to show/hide)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #174 on: February 09, 2018, 01:58:57 am »

Scarlet looked down at her phone when it buzzed. She raised an eyebrow at the suggestion, but quickly tapped out a response.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
GM of Trespassers V2.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 09, 2018, 02:05:02 am »

Dom sends back an affirmative and sits down in a chair to wait. He sits for a couple minutes before facepalming and then pulling out his phone again to send another text.
Spoiler: To Scarlet (click to show/hide)

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 09, 2018, 03:47:49 am »

Alex spends the new few minutes getting the last of his clothing and books squared away before he pulls out his phone and shoots Dom a text.

Spoiler: To Dominicus (click to show/hide)
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 09, 2018, 03:51:49 am »

Dom stares at the screen for a bit before shrugging. He wasn't going to stop his trip for this because he's hungry, but he could offer an alternative.
Spoiler: To Al (click to show/hide)

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 09, 2018, 03:54:24 am »

Alex chuckles to himself before he gets up and straightens himself out a bit, grabbing his staff as he gets up off the bed.

Spoiler:  To Dominicus (click to show/hide)
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 09, 2018, 03:57:29 am »

Dom rolls his eyes at the small novel as he smiles.
Spoiler: To Al (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 68