Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we skip forward to the end of the Prologue?

No, I want to keep going week by week.
Yes, bring on the VIOLENCE!

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 68

Author Topic: Eventide University IC: The Fourth Awakening  (Read 31859 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Eventide University IC
« Reply #150 on: February 08, 2018, 05:12:13 pm »

"They did tell me that I was probably weak to fire... but I mean, I think the shorter list is who doesn't die when they're set on fire, right?" Being basically kindling wasn't that abnormal, right...? "So, moving on... I don't show up in mirrors anymore. That sort of sucks for getting ready in the morning, but cameras are fine so I just use my phone. You?" It felt... weird, talking like this. Surreal. She was supposed to be a human and here she was rattling off weaknesses people would probably tag onto Dracula.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #151 on: February 08, 2018, 05:32:24 pm »

Scarlet shook her head. "Nothing. No mirrors, no cameras that I know of. I guess infrared might work, but I've got a low body temperature, and might not show up regardless. I was actually kinda hoping to help them come up with vampire-proof cameras while I was here. On the bright side, it meant that they had to get someone to do a portrait of me, so that was interesting. How about silver?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 08, 2018, 05:35:34 pm »

Alex nods sympathetically, though he had never dealt with that kinda shit in school.
"Yes, I bet that would be fairly awful. I'm sure your fellows in the club appreciated your quick and loyal defense of the medium. I have to admit to not knowing much about it, but I won't judge you harshly for enjoying what you enjoy. Its just outside of my wheelhouse and I was fairly surprised when I saw the posters on the wall."
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 08, 2018, 05:53:22 pm »

"I can help you get ready in the morning if you need it." Lilly offers, before continuing. "Silver's... uncomfortable, but not impossible to touch. Feels weird in my hand, cutlery is heavier than it used to be. Hm... stakes, I'm fairly sure is universal. And that'd sort of kill anyone wouldn't it? What about the weirder weaknesses? Counting and garlic and stuff?"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #154 on: February 08, 2018, 06:15:48 pm »

"Silver gives me this gross rash as soon as I touch it. And yeah, pretty hard to test stakes. As for the others, well, I love garlic and I haven't felt the urge to stop and count sand lately, so there's that. Uhh. . . Running water?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 08, 2018, 06:41:32 pm »

”Small amounts aren’t a big deal. I’m not having issues with the tap or showers or anything. Anything bigger and I feel really sick - I think I passed out over some bridges on the way here.” Lilly said. ”Anything else you can think of...?”
Sigtext!

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #156 on: February 08, 2018, 07:48:19 pm »

"I'm not going to lie, it took me a couple weeks to shower without crying. Other than that. . . Some guy shoved a crucifix in my face once, and it didn't bother me, how about you?" That was probably the most irritating thing - it's not like it could kill her like sunlight or fire, and the thought of a river didn't actually make her fearful at all, but actually present her with one and she was overwhelmed with terror.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 08, 2018, 08:08:18 pm »

"Well, when they were checking weaknesses they tried that. Bunch of other holy symbols too. Unless uncontrollable laughter at the sight of an intern in a labcoat with basically a key ring of holy symbols shouting "The power of Christ compels you!" counts, I don't think they did anything. Maybe because I've never really bought into that whole religion thing?" Lilly giggled a little at the memory. Never mind how terrified he looked to be in a room with her, that made it funnier. She had tried to calm him down... but the reassuring smile she'd tried had shown her teeth. She frowned again.
Sigtext!

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #158 on: February 08, 2018, 08:14:53 pm »

"Truly, the most crippling weakness, the giggle fit." Scarlet commented dryly, smiling a bit. The mental image was quite amusing. "I was born Christian, though I wouldn't really call myself devout by any stretch of the imagination. Plus some things make you wonder. . ." Not a good conversational route. "Anyway, what about upsides? Super strength, speed? I dunno, the bat thing?"
GM of Trespassers V2.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 08, 2018, 08:22:37 pm »

Lilly shrugged. "I don't know about you, but I know basically nothing about what I can do, and no idea where to start figuring it out. Just the stuff that all vampires get, the increased physical stuff and senses." she took her glasses off and idly played with them. "I don't think I actually need these anymore. Just... it's something normal."
Sigtext!

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #160 on: February 08, 2018, 08:37:24 pm »

"I'm not really sure either. I know I can hypnotize people if I try, but I don't really do it to people - pretty good way to get staked." Scarlet figured she'd end up broaching the subject anyway, so now was as good as ever. "So. . . I figure it was probably in the news, since you look like a rich kid - I don't mean anything by that - unless you got it covered up, but I take it you haven't been a vampire for that long?"
GM of Trespassers V2.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 08, 2018, 08:45:18 pm »

Lilly put her glasses back on, frowning and taking a deep breath. "Well, you have that all just about right. It was, I am, and it's been about three months." She did not elaborate further.
Sigtext!

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #162 on: February 08, 2018, 09:01:48 pm »

"Sorry, I'm not trying to make you uncomfortable. I've, uh, been around for longer. I figure I should tell you in the interest of fair disclosure. Uhh, what's the date today. . ." She glanced at her phone, evidently not expecting an answer from Lilly. ". . . Yeah, that'd make it thirty years ago, and some change. Fucking hell." She shook her head, forcing her hand down to her side instead of tugging at her hair again.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 08, 2018, 09:11:47 pm »

"It's not... ok, I'd be a liar if I said I was fine." Lilly admitted, "...It's sort of expected though. I figure that searching my name online should get you some results if you want to know about it. I'd... rather not talk about it. Just... not yet." She paused as Scarlet checked her phone. "T-Thirty? That's..." Lilly trailed off, not really knowing what to say. She sort of wanted to ask if Scarlet needed a hug. But that might come across as vaguely insulting and not go over well - they were both adults, after all.
Sigtext!

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #164 on: February 08, 2018, 09:18:24 pm »

"Yeah, no, I'm sorry, I shouldn't make you talk about it. That was my bad." Not taking it well. Something that was to be expected. "But yeah, thirty. I don't remember most of it. I'm. . . not honestly sure if that makes it easier or harder." And it damn well shouldn't have lasted that long. Vampiric hypnosis, forcibly asserting one's will over another - at least, that's how she was fairly certain it worked. If you were strong-willed and intelligent, you could resist. If not. . . "I do feel a little left behind, though."
GM of Trespassers V2.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 68