Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we skip forward to the end of the Prologue?

No, I want to keep going week by week.
Yes, bring on the VIOLENCE!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 68

Author Topic: Eventide University IC: The Fourth Awakening  (Read 31841 times)

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
Re: Eventide University IC
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2018, 08:43:38 pm »

A boy walks into the room. Tall, slightly thin, not anorexic. Bright pick dress shirt, warm-looking baggy brown jeans. Circular glasses. Brown hair. Albert Ego, obviously. A small pad of paper is in his hands. He's looking around the room and writing on it. A small smile graces his face. He takes a seat between - well, a group of people. He doesn't really know or care who. He's excited, though it's maybe subtle. Many new people. He's never seen so many young people. Their psyches are different. it creates a lovely atmosphere. He turns to the person beside him, a girl. He didn't see her car. "Have you ever been in a coma?" he asks.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2018, 08:59:53 pm »

Scarlet had opened her mouth to answer - and promptly closed it when a boy swept up and plopped himself down next to Lilly, evidently ignoring the (unnecessary, but understandable) safe zone set up between the two vampires and the rest of the students. Did he not see the guards and general tension, or did he just not care? The vampire supposed that she should have expected some odd behavior, but not quite so much as this. It made her slightly concerned for her own safety, if she was being honest, not that she let it show on her face. Not quite certain whether to ignore his presence and continue, or inquire about such, she simply remained quiet and watched the reactions of the others.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2018, 09:01:16 pm »

Lilly smiled again - well, maybe admitting that wouldn't be the best thing to open with. "New York City, for me. The buildings here seem sort of small in comparison." she said to Dom. And then another person interrupted, sitting right next to Lilly and suddenly asking a question right from left field. Had she ever been in a coma? ...Well she wasn't sure, did her turning count? "...Excuse me?" that was the only response Lilly could make to the tall boy who'd plopped down besides her. She scooted away ever so slightly, focusing very much on his eyes and not his neck. Nope.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2018, 09:07:41 pm »

The guards posted to the two vampires seem... surprised, and for good reason, when the boy just... sits down, right next to their charges. They suddenly seem much more alert, watching the two of them, as well as the newcomer, with some wariness. After all, anyone with eyes could likely tell what the two were, and almost anyone in their right mind wouldn't want to get close to someone like them unless they had to, right? They don't actually stop him, there wasn't actually a rule that they couldn't sit there, but they do shoot a warning glance to the pair of girls.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2018, 09:13:04 pm »

Dom stares at the boy that just sat down. He thinks for a moment if maybe interrupting other people's conversations wasn't rude where he's from before finally settling on that being a firm "No".
"Uh, Excuse me? We were just in the middle of a conversation Mr...?"

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2018, 09:22:38 pm »

The boy shrugs. "Oh! It seems I have committed a faux pas. Maybe I should build up to the coma question next time." He turns to both of the girls. "Hey, don't be intimidated. I'm just as likely to be killed by you guys as anyone else here." He adjusts his glasses. "Which is to say, not very. Thank you very much, Herr Security Guards." He holds up his hand. "Albert Szondi Ego. Please, just continue your conversation as if I was not here. Or invisible." The hand is then placed on his chin. "In fact, I might be able to become invisible. Oh well. What are your names?"
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2018, 09:28:52 pm »

"At least somebody thinks so. I'm Scarlet. Uh, as I was about to say earlier, I'm from Colorado. One of the Chicago suburbs, actually." She idly wondered how the place looked now. It was more than a little jarring to find out just how long it'd been since that day. She didn't feel all that different, really, except for the small part of her mind that occasionally wondered what the people nearby tasted like - a thought she forced down at any point it came up.

Back to the present, she considered the strange boy - Albert's question. She didn't particularly feel like venting her life story at the moment, so she simply left off with her earlier statement.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2018, 09:34:24 pm »

"Scarlet. Very well." Albert's expression shifts for a moment. Psychology has always been associated with going to places in a person's mind they'd prefer to keep secret. Psychology wasn't keen on making a lot of friends. Well, for now, he wasn't a psychologist. He smiles and leans back in his seat. He wraps his arms around the back of his head. "Hopefully I didn't come off as too rude. Have I?"
carrot cakeu

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2018, 10:11:49 pm »

"It was more... surprising." Lilly said. "...Also generally not something you ask people you just met." It was about now that she caught the glance of the guards and gave the 'I'm a scary vampire' spiel again. "So... it might be a good idea to sit a bit further away. I don't intend to do anything, but it might make the guards more comfortable?"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2018, 10:19:09 pm »

"It might be good for us, though. It helps to prove that we're not actually interested in eating anyone's faces." She gave Lilly a significant look at this. The other vampire seemed like her intentions largely lined up with Scarlet's own, but she didn't know how much her turning had affected her true personality, how much of her nervousness was affected. It seemed like her own sire had been under the impression that a shift would occur in Scarlet's own; it was prudent to keep the possibility in mind for others.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2018, 12:02:01 am »

Albert shrugs. "The desire to eat faces is a facet of your supernatural needs. The desire to destroy others. The desire to explode and go crazy, to sate yourself. It's completely natural." He scratches his cheek. "For vampires, anyway. But why should that create a disconnect from you guys and me?" He raises his hand again. It forms into a fist and points a thumb at Dom. "Or him?"
carrot cakeu

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2018, 12:06:33 am »

"If I am interject," Alex says as he chimes into the conversation, "several studies have shown that while the desire too 'explode' is indeed natural to those afflicted with vamprisim, they also have a competing, human desire not to do that and to make stable bonds with others, though those never last long due to their duel nature. This is why the United States does not classify frenzy driven vampire attacks as 'legally insane' unless they were enforced under duress, and why vampires are considered full persons of most states and not under the jurisdiction of a parent or guardian." Alex gives Albert and Scarlet a disarming smile. "Sorry for the rant, Law Student, its kind of my thing. Alexander Rand, pleased to meet you."
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2018, 12:20:06 am »

"Psyche student. Pleased to meet you! May I debate?" Albert grins. He rubs his hands together. A twinkle shines behind his circular shades. "I've never met a Law Student before. I'd imagine they'd be lovely conversation."
carrot cakeu

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2018, 12:22:52 am »

"I'm not sure if that's good news or bad news. Nice to hear that I legally exist, though," Scarlet said with a slightly sardonic note. "I'll spare you the lawyer jokes and just mention that I used to know a couple when I was growing up. They were nice, actually." The conversation was still on a fairly sobering note, though, and one that the thoughts of her past wasn't exactly helping. The beginnings of a sigh betrayed her feelings, though she halted the exhalation fairly quickly. "But yeah, that's the real reason I'm here. That and I'm pretty sure I'd be bacon already if I hadn't come." She shook her head, the small ribbons tied in her hair rustling. "Remind me to interrogate you later about some parts of the law around the supernatural, if you don't mind."
GM of Trespassers V2.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2018, 12:35:38 am »

Alex shrugs at Albert, focusing on the conversation instead of his damn leg. "Maybe? I'm sure there'll be plenty of time in some of the orientation classes for that. Just be warned, I've negotiated with devils and Fae before. I'm not saying I'm the best orator around, but it wouldn't be fair to let you go in with low expectations of me."

He then turns to Scarlet, using the movement to cover his hand going to clamp down on his leg. The living wood burned and itched like fire, being this close to two vampires. He can hide most of his strained expression, but a sharp eyed viewer can probably tell his teeth are slightly clenched.
"Thanks for sparing me the jokes, you don't know how often I get them. Some could even be considered threats of assault, though I'm not anal enough to actually go after someone for that.
 Unless they were being a huge ass. Anyways,
" He coughs and rolls his shoulders, "I'd be perfectly happy to give you my legal expertise, though I must inform you that I've not taken the bar and am honestly only scratching the surface of the law. But, so long as you give me time to prepare," and get an aspirin, he thinks, "I don't see why not."
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 68